• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    That's the "old" south we're trying to live down. Not just TX. Lived over in AL a while back. More of the same.
    Gun Zone Deals

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I was attacked by two dogs while cycling on the street a couple of blocks from home. reported it. local constables came over questioned me, then gave me a warning citation about my dogs instead. [fortunately all tagged to date]. Seems attack dogs owners are local HOA and claimed I was "riding in a threatening manner." Big TX star on their garage door, 'special' insignias on their big pickups. Then my landlord harassed me because he got a HOA letter about keeping my dogs leashed. Always wondered what would have happened if it had been a little kid. Typical white southern bigotry.
    What was the citation for?

You need to call the animal control officer or the sheriff's department, not the constable.

wakosama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    It was a written warning about keeping dogs leashed. Local LEO for this neighborhood defer to constables for less than 'large' crimes. I had called the animal control number as I recall. It was 2 years ago. Don't pedal over that way anymore. Bike now has fast draw spray and I usually carry .38 w/ CCI shotshells cycling.

edit... I jumped off and slammed on the dogs with my bike after one bit my leg. They were very surprised. Have seen two other dog attacks locally, when a dog being leash walked was attacked by dogs also running out from a garage into the street. No other people though. Just territorial dogs.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    6jw7r8.jpg

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I have a 15yr old female mini-poo, and just inherited a 10yr old male Shitteroo (Shi Tzu).... neither of which I would leave a baby alone with.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    It was a written warning about keeping dogs leashed. Local LEO for this neighborhood defer to constables for less than 'large' crimes. I had called the animal control number as I recall. It was 2 years ago. Don't pedal over that way anymore. Bike now has fast draw spray and I usually carry .38 w/ CCI shotshells cycling.

edit... I jumped off and slammed on the dogs with my bike after one bit my leg. They were very surprised. Have seen two other dog attacks locally, when a dog being leash walked was attacked by dogs also running out from a garage into the street. No other people though. Just territorial dogs.
    If the dog actually bit you, You then had grounds to file a criminal report and sue the homeowner for damages. And the constable was neglecting his duties by not doing so. File a criminal complaint with the justice of the peace in your district.

wakosama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Neither of the dogs attacking me were pitts. more like shepard and rottie mix. So I couldn't claim killer dog breed. Just fyi... Still only take my bike to a 'trail' to ride now and less frequently. Disturbed now just thinking back because I'm still 'PTSD' about it and not bike shopping anymore even with the gas prices. Feel like I "should have known better"... Ben two years so let it go.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Neither of the dogs attacking me were pitts. more like shepard and rottie mix. So I couldn't claim killer dog breed. Just fyi... Still only take my bike to a 'trail' to ride now and less frequently. Disturbed now just thinking back because I'm still 'PTSD' about it and not bike shopping anymore even with the gas prices. Feel like I "should have known better"... Ben two years so let it go.
    Those breeds are also on the dangerous breed list.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun

Were you still wearing Marilyn's dress? :evil:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Those breeds are also on the dangerous breed list.

I have been bitten by:

2 German Shepards (appeared to be just for the hell of it)
    1 Lab that was hurt and I picked it up to get it out of the road
    1 Lab because I was messing with it's Jack Russel buddy
    1 Pittie (for who knows, but seemed to be territorial)
    1 Shitteroo (cuz it's a spoiled lil phucker that doesn't like to be picked up unless it's HIS idea. This one doesn't break skin tho. Wish his momma would get out of ALZ lockup!)

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    There are very good reasons that dogs bite, or attack. There are also some very bad reasons that dogs bite or attack.

Females if they have a litter will bite, or attack, when they perceive a threat to their litter.

If a dog is in pain or injured, they can bite.

A dog is territorial and is protecting his territory, which can include any place their owner happens to be.

They perceive a threat to their owner.

The are startled, or feel threatened.

Dogs running feral and in a pack. Pack mentality.

Owning a dog comes with responsibility. A dog owner has a responsibility to make reasonable attempts to ensure that their dog does not bite anyone. This may include keeping it indoors, penned, or on a leash. If you or a family member have been bitten by a dog, you may be able to hold the owner liable and obtain compensation for the cost of your injury, including medical expenses and lost wages. Your decision to hold a dog owner accountable for their dog’s biting may prevent another person from suffering similar injuries.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom