• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    We dont know....it wasn't recorded. Thats the point.

Short of it equating to I'm going to kill my kids when I get them, I do not see how it is relevant.

BTW...you cant go get your kid anytime from school regardless of the time/situation/reason. Thinking that you can is absurd. If the school is on fire, you cant go in. If the school is on lock down, you cant go in. If there is an active shooter, and police are inside trying to neutralize that situation, you cant go in. Attempting to do so only adds to a bad situation and doesn't help any of the kids or responders.

Hey look over there guys there is a unicorn. Nah, no moving goal posts on this one buddy.

If TGI pretty much throws a cop under the bus, that pretty well sums it.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Hey look over there guys there is a unicorn. Nah, no moving goal posts on this one buddy.
    I never commented on the officers behavior. Not sure what you are referencing. The post you quoted was a response to someone saying they should be able to go into an school regardless of the situation.

Buddy.

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    I think that may have been taken WAY literally.

The way I read it was, if I want to go pick up my kid from school on Wednesday at 1:30 because I got a wild hair up my ass, I am well within my rights to do so. It was obvious that none of the catastrophic events you suggested would have applied in this video.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I think that may have been taken WAY literally.

The way I read it was, if I want to go pick up my kid from school on Wednesday at 1:30 because I got a wild hair up my ass, I am well within my rights to do so. It was obvious that none of the catastrophic events you suggested would have applied in this video.
    I agree that barring extreme circumstance you should be able to go get your kids. I was referencing the "regardless of time/situation/reason" comment. Even under normal circumstances protocols have to be observed. i.e. you couldn't walk down a hall without checking in and snatch your kid out of class without identifying yourself. Those situations end badly for those who insist on challenging ANY type of authority...be it LEOs or school officials or anyone else.
    Example of why its bad to speak in absolutes.

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    I fail to see the relevance here.

1) This man obviously arrives at school at the end of the school day.
    2) He has obviously had previous encounters with this officer (hence his attempt to contact the sheriff's office and comment about just doing what the sheriff told him to.
    3) There is obviously no lock down, or other emergency situation occurring
    4) He has the legal right to pick up his child (he is the parent)
    5) He is calm and collected, while the officer is not.

So please explain how any of these comments have addressed anything happening in this video.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Anytime of the day no matter the time/situation/reason me as a parent should be able to remove my kid from school at any given time.A cops not going to tell me otherwise.
    This statement was made.
    I responded with the below quoted post.

Again... re-read what was typed. I was asking about a comment made about knowing what happened before the video began. I have made no comment about the officers actions or whether they were right or wrong.

BTW...you cant go get your kid anytime from school regardless of the time/situation/reason. Thinking that you can is absurd. If the school is on fire, you cant go in. If the school is on lock down, you cant go in. If there is an active shooter, and police are inside trying to neutralize that situation, you cant go in. Attempting to do so only adds to a bad situation and doesn't help any of the kids or responders.

I was addressing the bad habit of speaking in absolutes. You have to read to posts within the context they are written, which is in direct response to previous posts.

I have yet to defend the officer.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Texan2, Go shit in your hat. I'm here to have conversations with level headed people.Like myself, not people that like to play the what if the building was on fire game. Give me a break.

This will be my last post for this thread.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It would appear that the officer went overboard....HOWEVER, we don't know the entire back story.

One thing is, it's school policy that ALL walkers are held until after buses and car pick-ups are done. The stated purpose is to further ensure student safety from being hit by traffic. While I understand it, I don't agree with it - but that's the stated policy of the district, and the place to fight it is at the school board or in court - NOT in the school office.

Way I see it, this was a parent with an ax to grind and a "point to make". Were I him, I'd have been every bit as upset - but again, I'd have taken the fight the board meetings or court - not the school office. At the point he stated he was taking his kids despite the school rules, then IMO the officer had no other choice than to prevent that from happening. Again - don't like the policy, chose the proper venue in which to challenge it.

And for those attacking LEO's in general, and those on this forum specifically........all I can say is "wow". I think you owe the man an apology - but somehow, I doubt it's something you'll even consider.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Dude should have kept his mouth shut and not argued with Officer Porky Pig.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    It would appear the deputy lost sight of common sense resolution options. As a LEO, the focus should be on the end result of peoples' actions - including his own. The outcome here did not serve any positive purpose, for anyone.
    Well, maybe some good can come this if the LEO is fired and forced into some other job. Certainly, should be no where around schools with his attitude. This is exactly why I favor teachers being armed instead of armed guards in schools.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Dad and the officer painted themselves into a corner where the arrest was almost inevitable.

I'd suspect neither one wanted that outcome but they both contributed and won't learn anything as they think it's the others fault.

The video would make a great learning tool. Just stop looking at who's at fault and see where the opportunities were to avoid the undesired outcome. Also study what language was used, body language and verbal.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Something early on in the video about the man having called & reported some earlier goings on that the officer didn't appreciate....

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    It would appear that the officer went overboard....HOWEVER, we don't know the entire back story.

One thing is, it's school policy that ALL walkers are held until after buses and car pick-ups are done. The stated purpose is to further ensure student safety from being hit by traffic. While I understand it, I don't agree with it - but that's the stated policy of the district, and the place to fight it is at the school board or in court - NOT in the school office.

Way I see it, this was a parent with an ax to grind and a "point to make". Were I him, I'd have been every bit as upset - but again, I'd have taken the fight the board meetings or court - not the school office. At the point he stated he was taking his kids despite the school rules, then IMO the officer had no other choice than to prevent that from happening. Again - don't like the policy, chose the proper venue in which to challenge it.

Dad and the officer painted themselves into a corner where the arrest was almost inevitable.

I'd suspect neither one wanted that outcome but they both contributed and won't learn anything as they think it's the others fault.

The video would make a great learning tool. Just stop looking at who's at fault and see where the opportunities were to avoid the undesired outcome. Also study what language was used, body language and verbal.

I saw it a little different. To me it looks like the guy is trying to prove a point and get a policy changed. He seems to think the best way to do this is through the courts for whatever reason. Enough of this was videotaped that it seems to be to have been planned, including the going to jail part.

Perhaps there was already a fight with the school board and this is the next step. Perhaps this guy just didn't explore all his options. Perhaps this guy was just looking for his 15 min. of fame.

Personally I think the rule is stupid and if it were my kid, I'd be throwing some kind of fit / protest myself. Of course the LEO's aren't supposed to be allowed to make up the rules as they go. We all throw a fit when they try to do that. That leaves them with just enforcing the rules they are given.

I still think the guy was looking to take the ride to further his case along.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Oh, yeah - I have no doubt the guy was pushing every button he could think of. And way I look at it, let the courts sort it out.

But the immediate cop-bashing and personal attacks of long standing LEO members of this forum are what *I* found offensive.

Top Bottom