• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Interesting....the man did NOT walk to the school - he drove, parked in the parking lot, and now wants to walk his kids through the cars in line to pick their kids up per the rules.

He's "special".
    DK Firearms

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    Yeah kinda opens up the picture a little. He didn't want to wait in the long assed line running down the highway, and instead was trying to cheat his way up.

I can see not wanting to allow that to happen, because then everyone would do it, and I am just guessing here, but that's probably why the rule is what it is currently.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Interesting....the man did NOT walk to the school - he drove, parked in the parking lot, and now wants to walk his kids through the cars in line to pick their kids up per the rules.

He's "special".

I do that a lot in Starbucks is it wrong ?

Sent from the black hole

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I see what you mean now. Yeah, they treat laws that way. We are obligated to break unjust laws.

Status talk would be the opposite, like when morons call federal income taxes "voluntary." What I said is literally true in the case of every single law and regulation. You get pulled over for a traffic ticket - do you stop because the lights are pretty, because you think stopping is the right thing to do, or because you know the guy in the car behind you has a gun, a radio that will bring more guys with guns and that they will stop you no matter what you want?

All laws are underwritten with, "or we will kill you." Even the most minor ones.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    So he parked his car in a parking lot and then walked up the sidewalk to the school to get his kids. I guess I just don't understand the intended use of these items since he's apparently using them incorrectly.

I think the school rules are stupid and someone needs to do something to get them changed.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Yeah kinda opens up the picture a little. He didn't want to wait in the long assed line running down the highway, and instead was trying to cheat his way up.

I can see not wanting to allow that to happen, because then everyone would do it, and I am just guessing here, but that's probably why the rule is what it is currently.

He's "special".

He's dressed very different in both videos. Cop is also wearing a coat and ear muffs in one, but not the other. Guy is wearing a button up shirt, beanie, and jeans. In the other vid, he is wearing a tight short sleeve shirt and work out pants. I could understand them taking off their warm cloths when they got inside, but do you really think the father would remove his pants?

I think the logical conclusion, is he did drive their on the cold day, but walked on the warmer day to remove the factor of him driving, which is why it is stated that they walked, but in the first one, he admits he drove. Two different days.

Never the less, regardless of what I think about the situation, and who I think is wrong, you don't keep a parent from their kids. If the parent wants to wait in a line of cars, cool. If the parent wants to walk to the school and enters the office, they should call the kids to the meet with their parents. Our district gives us our kids whatever time of day we feel like getting them. If I pick em up at 11am, they are obligated to give her to me without a reason. That's the way it should be. Cop may, or may not be, responsible for the child while they are on campus, but when the parent arrives, the responsibility should be transferred to the parent, not challenged. Whatever the case really is, I hope it is made right.

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    Good Catch JColumbus, I didn't pay close enough attention to the two videos to notice that part. That being said, if he walked to the school to pick up his child, I don't see how they could keep him/her from the parent.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Good catch......it also points out that the father was intentionally trying to stir things up.

He got what he wanted.

Hope he likes the results. Further, it may well be that he parked further down the street to make it APPEAR that he had walked from home because once again, he wants to be "special" and "game the rules".

Let the courts sort it out. Way too many unknowns here.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    It appears there was over reaction on the LEO, but whenever I see something being recorded (remember, there was someone standing their with a video device for some reason) I'm suspicious.

Recording something, especially in this day and age of everyone having a vid cam in their pocket, automatically makes it suspicious? What happened to having accountability for the people whos paychecks we pay for?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Recording something, especially in this day and age of everyone having a vid cam in their pocket, automatically makes it suspicious? What happened to having accountability for the people whos paychecks we pay for?

That is lost in all of this. A police officer is a public employee as is a school principal or sup't. Yes...we should go through the proper channels and procedures but when that fails you might have to be swoll, hand your fiance the camera and prove a point to the soft school admin and overweight timid deputy BY BEING SUPER POLITE AND TRYING TO PICK UP YOUR KIDS!

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    That is lost in all of this. A police officer is a public employee as is a school principal or sup't. Yes...we should go through the proper channels and procedures but when that fails you might have to be swoll, hand your fiance the camera and prove a point to the soft school admin and overweight timid deputy BY BEING SUPER POLITE AND TRYING TO PICK UP YOUR KIDS!

This. I can't believe how many of yall excoriate people (in general) for civil disobedience. Sometimes the "proper channels" just plain don't work. Do I need to bring up the Rosa Parks analogy again?

dsukid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Amarillo
    What is really funny is I am related to him. I think I can say this, we are all proud of him. Except my brother, who thinks the government should watch out for everyone. Original Video Walked to the School, 2nd posted video drove.

Top Bottom