• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Gunmen attack U.S. diplomatic vehicle in Mexico - CNN.com

You'd figure that the US would carry some respect given the fact that we've given over a million mexicans health insurance, food stamps, and jobs.

If it had been Americans that shot up a mexico embassy over here.....it would be called everything from racist to terrorism.

And given obama's stance on illegal aliens. The same people who shot the marines can cross our border, call themselves dreamers, and live off the American people.

What gets me is that the government allows immigration from such a violent country. Illegal or legal. The drug cartels don't stay in mexico. And the people that do cross, ain't all shining citizens. Only after a crime can we know if their a pedophile, or murderer.

It's disgusting that private employers demand higher standards for citizens of the USA, then what the government requires to cross our border.
    Target Sports

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Gunmen attack U.S. diplomatic vehicle in Mexico - CNN.com

You'd figure that the US would carry some respect given the fact that we've given over a million mexicans health insurance, food stamps, and jobs.

If it had been Americans that shot up a mexico embassy over here.....it would be called everything from racist to terrorism.

And given obama's stance on illegal aliens. The same people who shot the marines can cross our border, call themselves dreamers, and live off the American people.

What gets me is that the government allows immigration from such a violent country. Illegal or legal. The drug cartels don't stay in mexico. And the people that do cross, ain't all shining citizens.

And neither are a lot of natural born citizens already here.

I do believe further military action should be taken, on our part, to combat the drug war. At least to protect our borders from drug runners. I also think we should let Mexico deal with it once it crosses that border. Let them burn to the ground, not my country, not my problem.

However, this could be fixed if we just reformed our welfare programs and legalized drugs.

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    If drugs are legalized, do you think the cartels will all of a sudden play nice and stop murdering each other and civilians? Do you think Americans who are already breaking the law will all of a sudden start paying more to get their hands on newly legal, regulated drugs?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    If drugs are legalized, do you think the cartels will all of a sudden play nice and stop murdering each other and civilians? Do you think Americans who are already breaking the law will all of a sudden start paying more to get their hands on newly legal, regulated drugs?

If it was legalized then there wouldn't be anything to push across our borders and kill people for.

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    My point is that the cost of legalized drugs will likely be high due to regulation, taxes, sellers needing to be licensed, set up a storefront, etc. I'm not convinced that the cartels would stop smuggling cheap drugs. Their smuggling and distribution networks already exist and they don't worry about taxes or regulations.

If your average drug user is faced with the choice of paying more for legal drugs or just getting the same stuff from their off-the-books dealer, which will they choose?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Hard to say. But I don't believe sticking with the current status quo we have now is doing a damn thing.

It's all about supply and demand. We don't legalize, some people get their heads chopped off for a couple lbs of marijuana, and John Doe keeps on smoking like he originally intended to.

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    I personally think Marijuana should be legalized and sold through pharmacies or liquor stores. Tax it and use those taxes to fight the hard drugs with. Of course the minute marijuana is made legal, they will just switch to smuggling in heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine. Heck, you could legalize ALL drugs and they would just switch to smuggling in more illegals and having them put on our welfare, schooling and housing teat. The solution is to force Mexico to fix its own darn problems by imposing serious economic sanctions against them until they do so. Quit giving them money to be pilfered by their elite while letting their own people go hungry and without jobs. Maybe if Mexico would spend more time on developing their own country and less time taking all they can from ours, they may improve themselves.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    The solution to the immigration thing is simple. Kill the jobs. Make it too expensive to get caught hiring them.

As to the op, I'd be tempted to call that an act of war.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    So what would then?

There have been a few good ideas listed in this thread already. But your idea to ban all immigration from Mexico is not one of them. That ideology parallels with the same logic the Brady Group uses for firearms. An illegal immigrant kills a person, so we ban legal immigration. Someone uses a firearm to commit a crime, we ban all firearm ownership.

Ignorance and xenophobia will only be detrimental to our society.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    There have been a few good ideas listed in this thread already. But your idea to ban all immigration from Mexico is not one of them. That ideology parallels with the same logic the Brady Group uses for firearms. An illegal immigrant kills a person, so we ban legal immigration. Someone uses a firearm to commit a crime, we ban all firearm ownership.

Legal immigration is what the US is all about. But those that come here need to assimilate. Not fly a mexico flag on our soil.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Legal immigration is what the US is all about. But those that come here need to assimilate. Not fly a mexico flag on our soil.

I never said that Mexicans should come here and expect us to cater to them, and I agree with you - that immigrants should assimilate into our society.

But you said,
    What gets me is that the government allows immigration from such a violent country. Illegal or legal.
    , and I don't agree with that.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

I never advocated banning all immigration from Mexico, just asked simply why we would take in people from other countries that weren't all "shining citizens" on top of the natural born "non shining" citizens you said we already had.

Then I asked what you thought a solution might be.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I never advocated banning all immigration from Mexico, just asked simply why we would take in people from other countries that weren't all "shining citizens" on top of the natural born "non shining" citizens you said we already had.

Then I asked what you thought a solution might be.

Kill all humans?
    220px-Bender_Rodriguez.png

It's not an easy question to answer. I'm not a philosopher nor am I a politician.

As of now the cartels control the supply and making it legal here won't change that. At least not easily.

I thought there were some pot farmers out on the west coast? Plenty of people also make methamphetamine in their trailer as well.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I have a two part solution:
    - american employers need to stop hiring illegals (cheap labor in the end is not cheap)... force americans on welfare who wont find a job to fill the jobs vacated by the illegals...so what if they get off their lazy ass and wash dishes, pick crops, etc...hard work is good for the soul...
    - legalize/tax at least marijuana and take income away from illegal activity....

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    What gets me is that the government allows immigration from such a violent country. Illegal or legal. The drug cartels don't stay in mexico. And the people that do cross, ain't all shining citizens. Only after a crime can we know if their a pedophile, or murderer.

I know it's not easy to realize this when the only thing you hear about Mexico is the crime, but there are some really good people in Mexico. Mexico is not our enemy. Their government is screwing them royally, so people end up in 1 of 4 places:

1. Criminals working for a cartel (police fall into this category)
    2. Innocent law abiding citizens who have zero way to defend themselves (most are highly educated with very good morals and values, more so than many Americans I know)
    3. Street people who fall into neither category
    4. Government (top of the ladder of crooks, their government is a mafia pretty much)

One example of Mexico's government failing them as a people is the fact that they are one of the most oil rich nations on the planet, yet so many people live in poverty. It's not like here, where you can just get a job with Exxon, Chevron, BP, etc....they have one oil company only...Pemex...completely controlled by the government.

The only way to get into that industry is to "know someone" (aka be a friend or family member of someone in high places...high places only exist in Mexico City).

But yeah...believe me, I know plenty of VERY trustworthy and peaceful Mexicans. One of them I'm married to. Just sayin'. You'll never hear anything good on the news. Same thing about pretty much every other culture demonized in the media. There are good and bad in all groups of people.

Mexicans who come here legally, are not the problem. Illegals, on the other hand, are a HUGE problem.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom