• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    RedArmy,

NOT a "demonstration" BUT my adopted SC family's estate has "a matched pair" of spayed ENGLISH MASTIFFS that weigh about 100# EACH & are "litter mates".

One Fall morning about 0530 hours in 2011, I was alone on the property & snoozing in my BR in the Guest House, when I heard what sounded quite like a small war. on the other side of The Big House about 100M away.
    I dressed quickly, got my old 870 riot-gun, went across the street & found that "the girls" had caught an ARMED TRESPASSER (He had a .32ACP pocket pistol.), had him on the ground & were using him as a "chew toy".

I "called the girls off", called 911 & saw the criminal taken away by the EMT unit/SCSD personnel.
    (About a week later the criminal was released from the hospital, into the custody of SCSD & soon jailed for "CRIMINAL TRESPASS, WHILE ARMED" & "POSSESSION of a STOLEN FIREARM", to wit the .32ACP pistol. = He plead guilty & was a "guest of Spartanburg County for a year".)

NOTE: "The word" of the criminal's experience with the dogs "got around" the jail & county & to my knowledge we have had no more "unwelcome nighttime guests", since then.

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I wouldn't want to risk my dog getting a disease from biting an antifa/blm type......

....now, if someone had a good way to attach grenades to chihuauas.....

seeker_two,

During WWII, the USSR "trained" stray dogs, that were fitted with harnesses/"magnetic" anti-tank mines, to explode German tanks by feeding the dogs UNDER German tank hulks. = A friend of my Dad's ,who was "on the Murmansk Run" & spent several months in the USSR, once said that the "technique" worked & worked WELL on the Eastern Front, as long as the dogs were kept hungry AND NO Russian tanks were nearby. = TRUE STORY.

yours, satx

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    seeker_two,

During WWII, the USSR "trained" stray dogs, that were fitted with harnesses/"magnetic" anti-tank mines, to explode German tanks by feeding the dogs UNDER German tank hulks. = A friend of my Dad's ,who was "on the Murmansk Run" & spent several months in the USSR, once said that the "technique" worked & worked WELL on the Eastern Front, as long as the dogs were kept hungry AND NO Russian tanks were nearby. = TRUE STORY.

yours, satx

This is true, read several accounts of it. Really cruel thing to do but they were fighting to survive at that time. The Germans slaughtered millions of Russian civilians. Stalin killed the most Russians in the end though.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Whatever takeaway a person wants to get from the video is fine, but the best message is that avoidance is the best course of action when dealing with mob violence. As he said, the rules have changed, and it would be quite easy to go from being the attacked to being the attacker and spending years in prison.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    RedArmy,

Given that the Red Army was fighting for SURVIVAL, I cannot get "too exercised about" killing a relative few stray dogs (that would have likely starved to death back then = STARVATION is a REALLY hard way to die.), when compared to PRESERVING hundreds of ALLIED SOLDIER'S LIVES.
    (Remember, that the Red Army was THEN allied with the UK, France, the USA & the rest of the Allies against the mighty German War Machine. - Had it NOT been for Germany fighting on 2 fronts, Germany might well have won the war.)

yours, satx

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    seeker_two,

yours, satx

No, no, no.....I didn't say "dog".....I said chihuahuas.....

conorg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2020
    Texas Panhandle
    The guy who snatched the Police AR has a decent web series on a similar subject. Basically, your vehicle is a weapon/tool that can help but also constrain you, always have situational awareness, and if you would not go to a place without a gun, its best to not go there at all

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The guy who snatched the Police AR has a decent web series on a similar subject. Basically, your vehicle is a weapon/tool that can help but also constrain you, always have situational awareness, and if you would not go to a place without a gun, its best to not go there at all

Smart person usually doesn't go anywhere armed, that they would go unarmed. One could opine that if you think someplace is dangerous enough that you feel the need to arm up to go there, does it make sense to go there in the first place? No, it doesn't.

Some people might even form an opinion that you might be looking for trouble under such circumstances.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    RedArmy,

Given that the Red Army was fighting for SURVIVAL, I cannot get "too exercised about" killing a relative few stray dogs (that would have likely starved to death back then = STARVATION is a REALLY hard way to die.), when compared to PRESERVING hundreds of ALLIED SOLDIER'S LIVES.
    (Remember, that the Red Army was THEN allied with the UK, France, the USA & the rest of the Allies against the mighty German War Machine. - Had it NOT been for Germany fighting on 2 fronts, Germany might well have won the war.)

yours, satx
    Red Russia really never acted like an ally and I would say never was our ally, they simply happened to be fighting the Germans too.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Red Russia really never acted like an ally and I would say never was our ally, they simply happened to be fighting the Germans too.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300,

Raymond R. Wills (The fellow that was my Dad's friend in the Merchant Marine's Armed Guard & who spent over 8 months in Russia during WWII) once told my Dad & I that the ordinary Russian soldiers & sailors certainly considered the US GIs to be BOTH allies & good friends fighting the NAZI war machine, regardless of the many political/social/philosophical differences between the USSR, the USA & the other Allied Powers.

yours, satx

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Axxe55,

SOME "mods" ARE PAID. - Depends on the forum......
    Heck I'm not a mod and I get 75 cents per post over 25 words.

Oh also I wanted to say thank you to the community for all the hard work perseverance and moral fortitude.

<cha-ching>

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    seeker_two,

yours, satx

The story i read was they didn't have the German tanks at the beginning of the program and used old t-whateve
    seeker_two,

yours, satx

The story I read said they had used Russian training tanks and ended up losing some of their own tanks when they tried it for real, cause the dogs would only go under the Russian tanks.

Also neat video in OP.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Hah!

Never know when a rattler will jump out at my place. Mowing the back is almost as good as a safari.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom