• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    The surveillance video was played here. It was scarry. They came in so fast that I doubt anyone with a CCW could have reacted. Only if perhaps one was in the back of the place. Then one would have to watch out for patrons.

I hope two things are in place now, or else there will be copycats. I hope there will be Undercover agents hanging out at the Waffle Houses. I hope that more CCW carriers will sit in the back, be more vigilant.

Myself I think I will start carrying a BIGGER CCW.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    unless you caught them at the door, be a bad place to start a gun fight. Even if you were carrying, as long as no one was getting shot, I'd hope I'd remain cool enough to do the right thing.

What is that long gun? I'm thinking its a high point, but I'm not sure.

rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    First thing that came to my head as well was high point. Hope they find the bastards. I have an idea of what I would do if I was there and had my CCW with me. But it is only an idea, in reality it would probably be way different. You have your gun on you, you only have a few seconds to react before the gun is pointed at you and are stripped of your belongings and CCW. Do you hand it over? Or do you quickly draw and engage the robbers? You know you will hit the robbers, but would you fire knowing you could just as easily hit an innocent bystander? As soon as you hit one guy the others would soon try and use the innocent people as human shields. What do you do? Most of us carry but what would we do if we were actually in this situation?

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Lady in the all blue dress was smart climbing under the table.. if she had her cell phone she could have dialed 911 then pushed it into the corner... That was fast, and with some methodology, like they've done this before, or even practiced for it.. Career criminals I would say..

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Richardson
    News reporter, "can he do that?" He'll Yea, the guy was pointed with the Long gun, and his money was stolen. Putting his life in risk he had the right to go after the thugs and fill their backs with lead.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Lady in the all blue dress was smart climbing under the table.. if she had her cell phone she could have dialed 911 then pushed it into the corner... That was fast, and with some methodology, like they've done this before, or even practiced for it.. Career criminals I would say..

On the first point, yeah they appeared to know what they were doing, and it didn't look like they were first timers. On the second... they look like kids. One of them looked really small, like a teenager.

I still won't cry for them when they rob the wrong place and end up dead, though.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    On the first point, yeah they appeared to know what they were doing, and it didn't look like they were first timers. On the second... they look like kids. One of them looked really small, like a teenager.

I still won't cry for them when they rob the wrong place and end up dead, though.
    Man, I sent two 17 year old punks to prison for 5 years each. I didnt feel bad about it at all..I was happy to keep them from stealing somebody elses stuff.
    Their luck they aint dead!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It may not have been what I would have done in that situation but, I look at it like this. Who cares! We need more dead bad guys! All this whining about the bad guys getting hurt or killed, and should it have been legal, etc. By definition they are BAD GUYS. The more of them that die from their own stupidity and life choices, the better, and the more of them that will think twice because of it. I'm not suggesting people break the law. I'm simply saying, all this nonsense we see in the media worrying about were the bad guy's rights violated, or did they die an unnecessary death, and an unnecessary amount of focus on if and how the CHL holder should be charged (if it's blatantly illegal, ok, but I'm talking an unnecessary amount like is standard fair for them) should stop. The media should have more of an "if you play with fire" attitude towards criminals plain and simple.

Someone interviewed in the news that actually knows how to hold a handgun properly and shoot well, and gave a decent response to the reporter?! That is refreshing to see. It will still be a few more decades yet before we finally get rid of the thumb over thumb and Weaver though. I can only count the days. ;)

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I simply find the CHL comment in the story just plain stupid.
    That man didnt need a CHL to go to his car and get his weapon, and I dont see anyone's argument being vaild as to " What he should have done". He was the man that those SOB took $600 off of.
    If it were me, I would have done the same thing, but I would have had a AR15 in my PU. I wouldnt have stoped untill all the were dead or had their hands out in front of them while laying on the ground! I would have been so damn made simply because of the way that little POS punk threw that old man on the ground.
    If I had a gun on me while inside the store, I dont think I would have used it. 3 of them and too many other people. I wouldnt have wanted to create a gunfight where others would have gotten shot.
    What that man did was very respectable to his community and the others in that waffle house. I just wished he would have killed all 3 of those SOB's.

rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    I simply find the CHL comment in the story just plain stupid.
    That man didnt need a CHL to go to his car and get his weapon, and I dont see anyone's argument being vaild as to " What he should have done". He was the man that those SOB took $600 off of.
    If it were me, I would have done the same thing, but I would have had a AR15 in my PU. I wouldnt have stoped untill all the were dead or had their hands out in front of them while laying on the ground! I would have been so damn made simply because of the way that little POS punk threw that old man on the ground.
    If I had a gun on me while inside the store, I dont think I would have used it. 3 of them and too many other people. I wouldnt have wanted to create a gunfight where others would have gotten shot.
    What that man did was very respectable to his community and the others in that waffle house. I just wished he would have killed all 3 of those SOB's.
    +1

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    He had a CHL, why was his handgun in his car?

Also, this "legal analyst" is an idiot:

11 News legal analyst Gerald Treece said he was.
    "I didn’t say it was prudent. I just say it’s not illegal," Treece said. "They were not only using deadly force, they had automatic weapons aimed at him. He has a right under Texas law to protect himself and protect his property."
    And that even includes scenarios, such as the Waffle House incident, when the danger is no longer imminent. Treece said it’s called the "right of fresh pursuit."

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom