• baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    <>

<>

As I said, I grew-up around the gators. Dad had a 2nd home at Intracoastal City and PawPaw had a houseboat on Mallard Bay in the great coastal fresh marsh. Today I have them in my backyard weekly.

The ‘’conservation’’ effort went way too far, gators abound today and are a definite nuisance & real danger to people, pets, & stock.

We keep carbines at our doors.

Why would you accuse me of wanting to shoot a gorilla, which is. higher animal and a species I’m unfamiliar with ?

Guess it is time to ’’ignore’’ you again. . . . .

leVieux

<>
    Shame you were not there to dispatch that alligator. Seeing as you know more about them then the state biologist who makes the call about hunting gators. My guess the game warden who showed up & is pictured would hive five you & take you out to a steak dinner & drinks for you contribution to poaching. Any other poaching you would like to discuss while your at it?

I remember when the state opened Brazos Bend State Park. Plenty of alligators to see in their natural surroundings. There were as many DO NOT FEED THE ALLIGATORS signs as there where warning signs about swimming. Personally I was appalled at all the idiots plainly phucing with the alligators. The amount of people trying out hand feeding them was crazy. Then there were the assholes casting at them trying to catch them. It reminds me of idiots @ Yellowstone getting out of their vehicles & getting close to buffalo for a picture opportunity. Then when one gets trampled they are calling for the animals life.

I do not hunt like I did when I was younger. I like to think that what I did as a hunter was ethical. I bought a license, followed the seasons, and followed limits.

I guess it is time for you to ignore me again!

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    .... It reminds me of idiots @ Yellowstone getting out of their vehicles & getting close to buffalo for a picture opportunity. Then when one gets trampled they are calling for the animals life.
    tgt221.jpg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The amount of people trying out hand feeding them was crazy. Then there were the assholes casting at them trying to catch them. It reminds me of idiots @ Yellowstone getting out of their vehicles & getting close to buffalo for a picture opportunity. Then when one gets trampled they are calling for the animals life.
    Can certainly agree with that.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I remember when the state opened Brazos Bend State Park. Plenty of alligators to see in their natural surroundings. There were as many DO NOT FEED THE ALLIGATORS signs as there where warning signs about swimming. Personally I was appalled at all the idiots plainly phucing with the alligators. The amount of people trying out hand feeding them was crazy. Then there were the assholes casting at them trying to catch them. It reminds me of idiots @ Yellowstone getting out of their vehicles & getting close to buffalo for a picture opportunity. Then when one gets trampled they are calling for the animals life.
    The alligators at Brazos Bend are pretty much everywhere. We've spent a fair amount of time down there, and no issues with them being around. Interesting to observe. If they're on the bank, just leave 'em alone and pass them on the far side of the trail. When we lived in Bridgeland we had a few over the years, and each one would get named Gary. Once Gary would hit 6 feet the warden would come out and relocate, only to be replaced by another Gary. In my new neighborhood we have a few too, in the lakes bounding the San Jacinto. Only the idiots go and try to screw with them, and some people freak out on Facebook about them, but most people just leave them be.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    No, but they should keep their eyes open and understand the environment they are recreating in has hazards.

I wish someone or a group of someones would drop off a dozen or two gators in Town Lake to give Austin City Council a dilemma.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    <>

Could you arrange for them to put Lloyd Doggett in there, too ?

<>

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Two summers ago I went to Destin Florida to meet with my buddy who catches and tags gators for a living. We spent 4 days on a 16ft Carolina Skiff roping gators onto the boat. Most about 4ft long, but the largest we caught was 9ft. His advice to me before we left was to stay away from the bitey end. I did just that. It was alot of adrenaline filled fun and very interesting. Wish we had more here.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    With some of the members replies I wonder if they are all for killing every shark, sting ray & jelly fish because someone chooses to swim where they are commonly found.
    And where does it stop with these folks kill every dog they are afraid of? I can just imagine them talking their grandkids to a petting zoo & capping kid goats for knocking a kid down.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    With some of the members replies I wonder if they are all for killing every shark, sting ray & jelly fish because someone chooses to swim where they are commonly found.
    And where does it stop with these folks kill every dog they are afraid of? I can just imagine them talking their grandkids to a petting zoo & capping kid goats for knocking a kid down.
    You continue to put up ridiculous straw man arguments.

A stingray or jelly fish is highly unlikely (not impossible, but highly unlikely) to kill or seriously injure anyone.

A gator is a different story. You are too intelligent to be making the silly statements you are putting forward.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    So you are saying that sting ray & jelly fish stings couldn't kill someone who when stung finds out they are allergic & goes into Anaphylactic Shock? What's so ridiculous & straw man about that?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    So you are saying that sting ray & jelly fish stings couldn't kill someone who when stung finds out they are allergic & goes into Anaphylactic Shock? What's so ridiculous & straw man about that?
    Can you read?

"A stingray or jelly fish is highly unlikely (not impossible, but highly unlikely) to kill or seriously injure anyone."

I am not wasting any more time on this.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    If you are in the water swimming, a gator is not the easiest thing in the world to spot.
    I get it, I'm just not convinced this gator deserves to die just because people want to be able to swim in a lake without worry.

There is a reason when I'm in Florida I pretty much stick to the beach and swimming pools...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Top Bottom