Mattress madness

Discussion in 'Automotive / Motorcycle Chat' started by MadMo44Mag, Apr 22, 2009.

1. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Well this one of those WTF was the driver thinking!
    The driver hit a queen size mattress and kept driving until one of the springs whipped around and punched a hole in the gas tank at which time the vehicle finally came to a halt.(ran out of gas)
    The driver claims she never heard any noise - yeah, right:lolz:
    Needless to say her claim for repairs under her vehicle service contract was denied. She just could not understand why she was not covered for road side mattress damage???? ROFLMAO:rofl:

I have been adjusting VSC claims for over 20 years and this is in the top 5 of the dumbest vehicle owners I have ever seen.

Notice the looks on the faces of the shop techs, that says it all!!!

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    LOL...

3. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Bust out the angle grinder on that one, and you'll have that sucker off quick.

Probably need a new pinion seal, though. :p

Looks like a Chevy truck to me.

4. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Most probably it's going to take a pinion seal, drive shaft (badly out of balance now) carrier bearing and fuel tank.
    She drove it 30 plus miles before the spring punched the gas tank.
    We see these kind of things all the time but this was one of those !OMG - WTF! type claims.

It amazes me how people can spend buckets of money on a vehicle and expects the manufacture or the Service Contract Company to pay for their stupidity.

I have not spoke to the adjuster that handled this claim today but I would suspect the vehicle owner will sue us and the shop.
    If she draws a liberal judge we may have to pay for these repairs even though it is clearly NOT a defect in parts or workmanship.:banghead:

5. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Wonder if she was on her cell phone at the time...

6. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Yea, while putting on her lipstick, eating her breakfast taco and, shifting gears. The funny thing is she never spilled her coffee, :rofl::rofl: She is a dumb ass!

7. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    That's the first thing I thought of too.

Well, not the first, but the first was too "descriptive" of a driver that could go that far with a mattress wrapped around a drive shaft and not know it. :rofl:

8. Texasgordo

Texasgordo TGT Addict

May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Any normal person would notice the noise and increased vibration. :banghead:

9. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Or perhaps the fact they just ran over a FREAKIN MATTRESS!

10. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Women drivers no survivors!:rolleyes: J/K girls