• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    A gasoline pipeline that was tapped and drilled into by huachicoleros to steal the gasoline transported by said pipeline... A geyser of gasoline, lots of fumes, all it needed was somebody wearing a nylon tracksuit or a polyester shirt to blow it all up.

Also, that was last Friday. Do keep up! :P

Yeah, it didn't just spring a leak. Narcos have been attacking oil and gas lines for awhile to the detriment of Pemex and the subjects in Mexico. Lawlessness down south between the competing cartels and a corrupt govt. (not that ours is not). Crossing a border near you.....

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Yeah, it didn't just spring a leak. Narcos have been attacking oil and gas lines for awhile to the detriment of Pemex and the subjects in Mexico. Lawlessness down south between the competing cartels and a corrupt govt. (not that ours is not). Crossing a border near you.....

And the Mexican government's solution to the pipeline thefts is to ship much more by tanker truck. As if the cartels will not merely hijack the trucks and then it will be even easier to offload the stolen gas??

rusty tweezers

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    Easy to criticize from our position of wealth (and the poorest of us is rich compared to 99.9% of the world). But to those folks a tank full of gas is a major expenditure.

Was it stupid? Sure.
    Some of the driven by greed? Probably.
    Some driven by sheer desperation? Likely as well.

I Agree with all but the 99.9% I know that I’m not wealthier than that many in the world! Not griping or hurting but nowhere near rich either. But a good point thrown out there.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

The OPEN BORDERS crowd want everyone who WANTS to come to the USA to be free to violate our immigration laws & come into the USA as an ILLEGAL ALIEN to stay forever.

That could easily be a BILLION or more largely illiterate, poor, unskilled peasants from over 300 nations, who would like to live in our nation & be SUPPORTED by our taxpayers.

Do any of our members believe that the USA could swallow a BILLION such poor people without DESTROYING our nation??

yours, satx

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I dont know if I mentioned it here but Judicial Watch had a great article last month. Most think tanks in DC estimate 10M illegals in the US. MIT and Yale did a joint survey and estimated that number to be 22M. Mexico is a dangerous chithole to live in.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

rusty tweezers

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    I feel for them but this is our nation and they need to stop invading us. Thank god for the border patrol and our troops also the minutemen and freedom fighters.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    FAR be it for me to *tell* anyone how or what to think.

But the intellectual-type question I find myself frequently pondering about these “foreign invaders” is this: WHY do they not stay in their own countries, to make them better?

I understand a simple, easy answer is: lack of opportunity.

But I tend to delve deeper; what causes that “lack of opportunity”? Why can’t or don’t they get the education to overcome the limitation? If it’s a societal problem, why don’t they fix the problem with their society? If it’s a government problem, why not fix that? (Lord knows they’re not unfamiliar with rebellion and civil wars!). What fundamentally is at the center of their inability to satisfactorily improve their standard of living?

What is it about Latin American countries that keeps them from becoming like Scandinavian countries? [Obviously, I don’t mean that in a literal sense but only from the point of view, you don’t see Swedes or Norwegians “fleeing” their countries...]. Yeah, yeah, I get that the United States has seen her fair share of ‘cheese head’ Green Bay Packer fans come into the country in the past (etc.), but certainly not in the same kind of desperate straights that we’re seeing today from Central America.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    busykngt,

NICE presentation.

That's WHY I want the borders SEALED, all of the illegals OUT of the USA & we will accept those people that we WANT as new Americans.

For example, the PROUD "New citizens" like my adult daughter, who we adopted as a teenager, supported/educated out of our own funds & who now is an electrical engineer with a MSEE.

IF the people who want to be "kind to an emigrant" wants to do exactly what Anne & I did, I would fully support their PRIVATELY-FUNDED effort.
    Otoh, It "really hacks me off" that the "immigration advocates", who want OPEN BORDERS, want the taxpayers to do the support of the BILLION PLUS poor/ignorant/often illiterate peasants of the 3rd World, so that they can have CHEAP LABOR & get the votes of those peasants who will be permanently on the public dole.
    (My beloved adopted daughter is "MY TREASURE" & I cannot imagine my life W/O her.)

just my OPINIONS, satx

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    But the intellectual-type question I find myself frequently pondering about these “foreign invaders” is this: WHY do they not stay in their own countries, to make them better?
    Seriously, you don't know? How about the opportunity to become part of the free sh*t army? The educated ones, by and large, come here legally and get in line to become US citizens since they will generally have decent jobs here while they are waiting.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Satx,
    The only “freebie” I ever got from my country is a U.S. Flag that flew over the U.S. Capitol building on the day of my wife’s swearing in ceremony as a new American citizen - twenty years ago. (Request made via one of our Texas U.S. Senators at the time - that flag is a treasured possession of my formerly Eastern European lady). Since she became eligible to work (green card), there has not been a day she hasn’t worked and paid into her Social Security account, income taxes, etc., etc. The girl barely knew enough English to be understood - hell, now she’s more “American” than I am! I know immigration works when it’s done legally. Don’t anyone tell me Trump is xenophobic - he’s had two wives as immigrants to America!

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Satx,
    The only “freebie” I ever got from my country is a U.S. Flag that flew over the U.S. Capitol building on the day of my wife’s swearing in ceremony as a new American citizen - twenty years ago. (Request made via one of our Texas U.S. Senators at the time - that flag is a treasured possession of my formerly Eastern European lady). Since she became eligible to work (green card), there has not been a day she hasn’t worked and paid into her Social Security account, income taxes, etc., etc.
    Most excellent!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Satx,
    The only “freebie” I ever got from my country is a U.S. Flag that flew over the U.S. Capitol building on the day of my wife’s swearing in ceremony as a new American citizen - twenty years ago. (Request made via one of our Texas U.S. Senators at the time - that flag is a treasured possession of my formerly Eastern European lady). Since she became eligible to work (green card), there has not been a day she hasn’t worked and paid into her Social Security account, income taxes, etc., etc. The girl barely knew enough English to be understood - hell, now she’s more “American” than I am! I know immigration works when it’s done legally. Don’t anyone tell me Trump is xenophobic - he’s had two wives as immigrants to America!

busykngt,

UNDERSTOOD & 100% CORRECT.

Also our most sincere congratulations to BOTH of you.
    (I suspect that you agree that we don't need an enormous flood of uneducated/unskilled illegal aliens in our nation.)

Fyi, our much loved daughter came to us as an "abused minor child", who was born & spent her girlhood (mostly) in Acapulco & Mexico City. = She was "passed around" from relative's home to relative's home, as none of her family really wanted her.
    (Btw, when my daughter was naturalized about 1400 hours on 05JUL09, she INSISTED that I immediately take her to the Bexar County Election's Office so that she could register to vote. - As a result we were about an hour late to her citizenship party.)

yours, satx

Top Bottom