• ...and so much more!
  • Just Geri

Well-Known
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Welcome to the forum! I lurk more than I post but I can honestly say..."You're gonna love this place" if it remains the same ;)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What is wrong with the poll option? Is it buggy or is it unavailable?
    OK, I did a walk through because it's been a while since I tried this.

First, go to the main forum list and click on the Test forum. Nothing happens; the sub-forum and list of threads does not come up even though it's possible to see and directly access one thread from the main forum list. (I guess this is one more thing that needs to be fixed.) So...start over.

Click to a working sub-forum, create a new thread, check the box to create a poll, and enter the number of poll options. Submit the thread. (This is seriously counter-intuitive. The software forces us to submit the thread before it's fully composed. Yuck.)

You're then taken to a page to fill in the choice options for the poll. Fill them in. Click "Preview Poll". The poll looks fine, so click Submit Poll.

Get this:

Screenshotfrom2013-08-29112939_zps118c7a1f.png

The thread will appear but without the poll. Results: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/houston/50368-silly-poll-test-polling.html

Last edited:

LeeD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Texas
    Thank you both (GlockOwner and benenglish) for your replies. I think this is something we can definitely work out. Part of the solution will be moving the site to our servers which may also speed up the site as well. I will add this to our list of things to do once the site is moved over.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I will add this to our list of things to do once the site is moved over.

Do you know when the move is planned? And how much down time? People around here get antsy when they can't get on, so you may want to post a heads up with what time you expect it to go down and come back online (be generous to yourself here so people are happy when it comes back early....)

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Do you know when the move is planned? And how much down time? People around here get antsy when they can't get on, so you may want to post a heads up with what time you expect it to go down and come back online (be generous to yourself here so people are happy when it comes back early....)

+1

Also, a Facebook notification will be greatly appreciated.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Howdy! Don't worry about not having that many guns either. I guess people were expecting Rambo to take over the forum.

No but I'm surprised. I wouldn't care if it wasn't my type of gun owner, like a guy who collected single shot shotguns or something, but the new owners seem more forum owners than gun guys. Who knows, maybe that's good.

Wonder if they are TSRA and/or NRA members, CHL holders?

LeeD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Texas
    We would absolutely plan to do that!

Top Bottom