• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • owwo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Houston
    I've had a pair of Maui jims now for 8 years. Best sunglasses I've ever owned. Best eye protection you can get (from the sun and elements) I also use them at the range, just because. Very sharp and crisp.

2nd the maui jims, you'll never need another pair.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I buy my sunglasses at the display in the grocery store. $9 to $12, UVA and UVB rated. If I lose or break them, the grocery store is just down the road a ways. I don't need $100+ sunglasses that do everything but wipe your ass. I just want something that keeps the glare out of my (sensitive) eyes. My regular glasses are the "photo gray" kind but they don't change to dark fast enough.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I know this is an old thread but figured I'd bump it with a little input, if you have a valid military or LEO id then you can register for an account on http://www.usstandardissue.com and get a discount on Oakley products, I had an account but never used it as I didn't want the prescription lenses but they have other stuff such as boots, gloves, etc. Have friends that have ordered quite a few pairs of sunglasses there.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I sell industrial products and safety equipment so I get alot of free safety glasses as vendor samples. My new favorites are made by Crossfire...they look exactly like a pair of Costas I have at a fraction of the price and I've seen the demo where they stop a .22 and 12 gauge shot.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Been wearing ray bans for most of my life. I bought a pair of oakly sunglasses one time and didn't like them.

eby8u4eb.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Looking to buy some sunglasses. I have zero experience looking for these. It'd be nice if they could double as eye protection at the range.

Any suggestions with brand or good place to buy sunglasses?

Ive had EES crossbow's, that ran about $100. The nose piece and the rubber ear thingys rotted from sweat.(nose thingy is replaceable) That was after 1.5 years of wearing in a construction environment. They got banged around. Slapped with cedar trees. Survived a fall on blacktop, after 12 shots of tequila. Ive had oakley, pretty good. Way over priced. ESS is just as good. I have blue eyes so I can't see crap in sunlight. And NEVER go outside without a pair.

The EES ended up getting spots from bug repellent overspray. I used the crap out of those glasses. They were worth the $100. Plus the grip a cowboy hat when you take them off and set them "up top"

images

For bag around glasses, just the cheap walmart jobs. I like the amber lenses the most.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I have a pair of Oakleys and a pair of FayBans. Honestly, I have a hard time spending money on sunglasses. I got my Oakleys at 30% off, and that's the reason I bought them. I own fake RayBans because I can't justify spending that much on something that cost maybe $20 to make.

If you can get discounted sunglasses, buy 'em. My Oakleys are roughly 6 years old and still work FWIW.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Cheap ones for having fun. $10 and under if there is a probability I will lose them. Range glasse for the range and when they get some scratches they become cheap ones. Oakley juliets for driving or walking around. I got them right after the first Mission impossible movie came out because I got so much crap from people for wearing cheap ones all the time. Payed a bunch for them, but still have them with their original lenses today.

Top Bottom