Not open for further replies.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Clever way of calling him an idiot - while crying about the injustice of executing a murderer.

I don't think anyone is saying a murderer should not get the death penalty.

The original point was, it's possible someone could commit a crime that would seem capital in nature, but due to mental incapacity, would not warrant the death penalty.

I think we ALL agree in THIS case, the proper treatment happened. A couple of you let your emotions cloud your understanding of what was said.

This guy got what was coming to him. He planned it, then killed the guy. But it's possible a retard could kill without understanding what he did. Ever see the movie Rainman? That was the point. No one was defending THIS guy.

I support the death penalty. I witnessed a murder when I was 8. The bastard got 50 years, served only 11, and lived 20 years as a free man. And he admitted he went in the house to kill a 74 year old woman. Unfortunately, his trial was around the time the Supreme Court suspended the death penalty. Ten years earlier or later, and he fries.

My uncle was killed in a robbery. The bastards are free men, while my cousins grew up without a dad. They should have gotten it IMO.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Clever way of calling him an idiot - while crying about the injustice of executing a murderer.

Nice try but no cigar. By legal and most religious and moral definitions Mens Rea is required for it to be murder vs generic homicide. So by definition I'm not "crying" about "murder."

Also, I clearly stated I wasn't talking about this particular case.

So maybe you should work on your "comprehension" as well.

I'm only irked because you're putting words in my mouth, and not responding to what I'm actually saying.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Nice try but no cigar. By legal and most religious and moral definitions Mens Rea is required for it to be murder vs generic homicide. So by definition I'm not "crying" about "murder."

Also, I clearly stated I wasn't talking about this particular case.

So maybe you should work on your "comprehension" as well.

I'm only irked because you're putting words in my mouth, and not responding to what I'm actually saying.

so why not start a new thread?
    how hard is it to comprehend the title of this one?

also - MexicanHippie, if I misunderstood your posting- i apologize, it wasn't my intention to put words (or anything else) in your mouth.

The point is, no one is getting executed for being to expensive. They are getting executed for being murderers.
    So i am having trouble seeing where the problem is.

If your issue is with SS, and would like to discuss that, please start a new thread chances are we probably agree. If your issue is with executions please explain that part to me. I don't see the connection between the two, as there really isn't any.

Muddling the issue is never a way to make a point.
    It is an effective tactic used by the lefties to avoid making a point, while sounding like they are. And frankly, with a name like mexican-hippie it makes it all to easy to jump to that conclusion.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    so why not start a new thread?
    how hard is it to comprehend the title of this one?

also - MexicanHippie, if I misunderstood your posting- i apologize, it wasn't my intention to put words (or anything else) in your mouth.

The point is, no one is getting executed for being to expensive. They are getting executed for being murderers.
    So i am having trouble seeing where the problem is.

If your issue is with SS, and would like to discuss that, please start a new thread chances are we probably agree. If your issue is with executions please explain that part to me. I don't see the connection between the two, as there really isn't any.
    dats just nasty:ohnoes:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    What are you talking about? The entire thread is about executing the mentally retarded.

My entire point was that (in general) if you can prove someone's mentally retarded they shouldn't be executed, but that in this case it looks like he was faking.

Why would that be an irrelevant post in this thread? Did you even read my posts?

I don't get why you got so butt hurt and jumped in when someone else misread my posts.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'm glad you edit your post to clarify.

My problem isn't w/ SS. Someone else took it on that tangent.

I was responding to London talking about executing them to not spend money. I was simply saying that's faulty logic. SS was just an example.

I get that you weren't exactly captain of the debate team but please try to keep up.

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    oh how peoples opinions would change if their family memeber was murdered. also, did anyone notice the date of the crime? over 20 years that the state had to pay to defend this guy? and you know we payed for it because he was broke and retarded. how is it more to exicute a murderer than to keep them in life. a 1 second, first result click says it costs california $47,000+ a year to keep em in 2008. soooo 20 years X 47K= $940000. Cost of a bullet, electricity or poison... cheaper than another 940K till he rots out in jail. what about the colorado fella or others who were caught red handed murdering people? why should we spend ANY time after conviction in Prison? finish it right then and there.
    -Just Sayin.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    I believe its all to do with politics. Its not politically correct and nobody wants to take that stance knowing a uproar would insue(sp). BTW Im for the DP. We execute killers because they did the ultimate bad deed and took someones life and dont want them to be in society or even the prision system. We dont execute Mentally challenged because they did the ultimate bad deed and took someones life and may not have known it was something they should not have done. We still say they cannot be in society but allow them to be in prison for life. Either you punish or you dont. Both ways someone was killed and the end result was the same, someone dead. There are pros and cons to both just like with everything in life but IMO its all politics.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom