Merit has no place in military promotions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    How many times am I going to think thank God I'm out....and at the same time tremble for our nation.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I'm with you there. USMC in the late 1960's, grunt in Vietnam along the DMZ. All the red, white and blue stuff aside, I too am glad I'm out. I have two close friends from high school who dropped out in 1966 to join Marines and go fight for their country they said. Both KIA and buried close together at local cemetery. Of course I keep flag and flowers on their graves. Each visit I always say such a waste. They died for a country that no longer exists. Think of all the soldiers who fought and many died before. I too tremble for our nation while being very pissed off.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That's basically what affirmative action is. Use race and ideology as a basis for promotion.

While I wasn't in the military, working for the military has much the same connotations as far as 'merit promotion' is concerned. I use to laugh at some of the promotions made based on merit promotion. They now want to apply in all decisions.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Milley was a man among men but his replacement is both "strategic and symbolic". How would you like to be a senior military officer with taint of affirmative action/equity attached to you?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Milley was a man among men but his replacement is both "strategic and symbolic". How would you like to be a senior military officer with taint of affirmative action/equity attached to you?

I both worked for and know CQ Brown personally. Our kids were in school together, played sports together, were in Scouts together. He went to Texas Tech, is an Eagle Scout, and sat on my son’s Eagle Scout Board of Review.

He’s an F-16 pilot, Weapons School grad, instructor, and later Commandant. Commanded a fighter squadron, fighter wing, and Combatant Command.

The only taint attached is that in the eye of the beholder.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I both worked for and know CQ Brown personally. Our kids were in school together, played sports together, were in Scouts together. He went to Texas Tech, is an Eagle Scout, and sat on my son’s Eagle Scout Board of Review.

He’s an F-16 pilot, Weapons School grad, instructor, and later Commandant. Commanded a fighter squadron, fighter wing, and Combatant Command.

The only taint attached is that in the eye of the beholder.
    Not to confuse this with merit, but do you know his political views?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    To a degree, yes. To a greater degree I know his social views. There’s very few people I’d follow before him.
    I don't mean to demean him, but given Biden's choices (although I'm not too sure Biden is cognitive enough to choose what to eat for breakfast, let alone political office choices), I have to wonder why CQ Brown?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I don't mean to demean him, but given Biden's choices (although I'm not too sure Biden is cognitive enough to choose what to eat for breakfast, let alone political office choices), I have to wonder why CQ Brown?

Do you wonder why Reagan nominated Colin Powell for CJCS?

To serve as Chairman, an officer has to have served either as Vice Chairman, Service Chief, or commander of a Combatant Command. Brown is currently the Air Force Chief of Staff (appointed by Trump if that matters) and commander of Pacific Command.

Gilday, CNO, doesn’t have anywhere near the same experience, neither does Berger, the Marine Commandant who’s retiring. McConville, CSA, might be next most qualified except his only combatant command experience was as a planner at SOCOM although he is a badass of badasses when it comes to helicopter pilots…he flew for FCD, the org behind the funky blackhawks flown in the bin Laden raid.

Top Bottom