• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    yes setup mostly. i'm a regular guy, I sell to regular guys. I can't judge people and their intentions easily. I was selling to another vendor, who I thought was a regular dude...who liked to reload. Once I figured out his game, I said "no sale". That got me kicked out of a certain nameless promoter here in central texas north of austin. I started covering up my shit during the morning setup after that crapola in anticipation of neckbeards. I've pissed off several neckbeards so far by saying "it's for the customers only at that price, not you to resell"
    That is wild! As a vendor you don't have the right to refuse service to anyone?
    Gun Zone Deals

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    If y'all are planning on attending the show come by and see me. 2 tables straight in from the front entrance.
    What is it that you are selling?

We are planning to hit some shows coming up. We plan to do a lot of local shows. Weatherford, Decatur, Azle, to start, and then a few larger shows just to try them out and see if we can turn a profit at shows. We are trying to get some guns that you don't really see there.

Any advice or input?

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    The problem is these guys don't realize that the smart buyer will go to the internet and avoid the tax on the sale. I wanted one of those Vickers Glock 17 pistols and I found a good sale price at the latest dallas arms show. Then when he calculated tax is was $75 bucks more. So I noped out of that one and went home and bought one for the same price shipped.
    You aren't avoiding tax, just the responsibility to pay it (illegal). Also, transfer fees usually make-up that difference quite a bit. And there are plenty of things I buy online (Amazon junkie), but I support the local guy, too.

00ChevyScott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Arlington, TX
    You aren't avoiding tax, just the responsibility to pay it (illegal). Also, transfer fees usually make-up that difference quite a bit. And there are plenty of things I buy online (Amazon junkie), but I support the local guy, too.

Many online retailers sell firearms at much cheaper prices, offer free or reasonable shipping prices, and many FFLs only charge $10-15 for a transfer.

Why would I spend $350 + sales tax on a rifle I can buy online for $260, free shipping, no sales tax, and a $10 FFL transfer? These aren't medical supplies, car parts, or home repair items that are usually needed immediately. I can easily wait 3-5 days on a firearm.

Obviously this applies to firearms that I've either handled already, or feel comfortable buying sight unseen after watching/reading reviews about the item. If it's something I want to see first, I will gladly go to a local gun store who charges MSRP+ to see, then buy online. I'd be more open to buying local if local retailers weren't charging absurd prices on stuff. This isn't 1990 anymore, consumers are educated on wholesale/retail pricing, and you can't just slap items on a shelf at full blown retail and expect people to just hand over their money when the same item can be had much cheaper online.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Many online retailers sell firearms at much cheaper prices, offer free or reasonable shipping prices, and many FFLs only charge $10-15 for a transfer.

Why would I spend $350 + sales tax on a rifle I can buy online for $260, free shipping, no sales tax, and a $10 FFL transfer? These aren't medical supplies, car parts, or home repair items that are usually needed immediately. I can easily wait 3-5 days on a firearm.

Obviously this applies to firearms that I've either handled already, or feel comfortable buying sight unseen after watching/reading reviews about the item. If it's something I want to see first, I will gladly go to a local gun store who charges MSRP+ to see, then buy online. I'd be more open to buying local if local retailers weren't charging absurd prices on stuff. This isn't 1990 anymore, consumers are educated on wholesale/retail pricing, and you can't just slap items on a shelf at full blown retail and expect people to just hand over their money when the same item can be had much cheaper online.

And eventually there will be no inventory for you to handle.
    I do my level best to buy my primers and powders locally.
    It helps keep those items available locally. Bullets I buy online because the locals don't carry what I want, nor the quantities I want.
    In other words, support your local gun store or lose them.

00ChevyScott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Arlington, TX
    And eventually there will be no inventory for you to handle.
    I do my level best to buy my primers and powders locally.
    It helps keep those items available locally. Bullets I buy online because the locals don't carry what I want, nor the quantities I want.
    In other words, support your local gun store or lose them.

It wouldn't bother me if they weren't there. They never have anything worth while, and the pricing on the stuff I'm actually interested in is crap. Take the Tavor for example. I purchased it online for $1680 last year. The gun store I saw one at locally was selling it for $2100, plus sales tax. No thanks.

This is the same gun store that didn't even carry gunsmithing tools for an AR15.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Since our Austin shows got all jacked up. I might have to start going to just one big show a year? What would you all say is the best big show around Texas?
    well do the tulsa show. I've never been there and probably won't as a vendor but I hear it's kickass for the customer. second to that, the market hall show in dallas was pretty good. sounds like the HGCA show is gaining momentum again. I personally think the SA Saxet show is decent. be patient, 3 cedar park shows this year coming up, at least.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    well do the tulsa show. I've never been there and probably won't as a vendor but I hear it's kickass for the customer. second to that, the market hall show in dallas was pretty good. sounds like the HGCA show is gaining momentum again. I personally think the SA Saxet show is decent. be patient, 3 cedar park shows this year coming up, at least.
    Nice. Good to hear. Dates out there yet?

Top Bottom