• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Yeah, I hope they emptied the armory too, they'll need it. Govt is always corrupt. But there comes a time when enough is a enough. I wouldn't be handing them over to "prosecutors."

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I certainly applaud them for holding their corrupt government accountable, but why are they shooting tourists? That doesn't really make them sound more any more just than the cartels or corrupt government.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I certainly applaud them for holding their corrupt government accountable, but why are they shooting tourists? That doesn't really make them sound more any more just than the cartels or corrupt government.

I don't know if they thought "tourist, shoot them!". I was thinking they assumed the people that wouldn't stop were corrupt locals trying to get away. I figured they fired on the vehicle without considering it could have been tourist. The tourist likely reported the incident after they got out of there and got somewhere they felt safe to stop.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Running a check point was considered a no-no in Iraq. They are in a war for their lives and don't like vehicles blasting through their checkpoints either.

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    So are they taking a stand against the cartel? Do they really think that is going to fly down there, the cartel will pile their bodies if they try to do that.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    So are they taking a stand against the cartel? Do they really think that is going to fly down there, the cartel will pile their bodies if they try to do that.

Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    I'm proud of them.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston

So they give up? Just say screw it and let the status quo of violence and intimidation by the cartels continue? While I think it is going to cause much more bloodshed, I can not help but root them on.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Yes, there will be a pile of bodies, much like during the American revolution.

If you haven't noticed these people are being murdered anyways. Their choice is to slowly watch everyone die around them and continue to die after they are killed also, or to take a stand and fight. Many will not survive but there will be a chance for their children to live a better life.

Consider the number of Mexican citizens living in fear compared to the number of crooked cops and criminals.

When that fear turns to anger, I wouldn't want to be seen as a cartel member or supporter. And the puke of bodies will likely not be the citizens when all is said and done.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Tourist ran their check point.[/QUOTEIf I were there and I saw un-uniformed people with guns at a makeshift checkpoint, I'd be running, too. One of my coworkers went to Mexico recently to visit family. A group of armed men stopped the bus he was on and robbed everyone at gunpoint. In that part of the world it's much more likely to be a robbery than your friendly local neighborhood watch.

I guess this is a good reason not to visit 3rd world hell holes, lol...

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I guess this is a good reason not to visit 3rd world hell holes, lol...

I love the all inclusive third world hell hole we vacationed in last year. The beaches were beautiful. The food was good. the drinks were cold. The sun was hot. Best vacation to date.

They key is to go places where territory isn't still being fought over.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    They are closing in on cancun. I've been to playa del carmen many times. Loved every visit.
    Turned down an invite to go jjust last weekend. I'm staying stateside and heavily armed from now on.

Top Bottom