• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Keep in mind, the "they killed tourists" is coming from who? The media. Are they as corrupt as ours? Probably moreso. Are they willing to lie to support the status quo and undermine this group? Probably. We obviously don't know and the scenario sounds realistic, but I don't take a lot our media reports at face value. I sure as heck won't take anything their media puts out as face value.

I think this is a good sign. Maybe this will embolden others to stand up the the corrupt authorities and cartel down there.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I love the all inclusive third world hell hole we vacationed in last year. The beaches were beautiful. The food was good. the drinks were cold. The sun was hot. Best vacation to date.

They key is to go places where territory isn't still being fought over.
    The article is about Acapulco, not some non-touristy interior city.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    18-20 or so years ago I would walk across the boarder without a second thought and have a good time. Now a days I have zero desire to go anywhere in Mexico.

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    18-20 or so years ago I would walk across the boarder without a second thought and have a good time. Now a days I have zero desire to go anywhere in Mexico.

Dude, tell me about it... every morning I ask if today is the day that the cartels try to take over on this side of the river... It might sound like hype, but I'm genuinely worried about it.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Dude, tell me about it... every morning I ask if today is the day that the cartels try to take over on this side of the river... It might sound like hype, but I'm genuinely worried about it.

Not worried enough. Only thing saving you is Falcon lake.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth

One of our ranches was down between Zapata and Hebbronville on HWY 16. I'm kinda glad we don't have it any more. Constantly walking through, flying ultralights, etc....constantly. And there's no one out there to help if something goes south. I used to love going over to Mexico for lunch or drinks, but now there's no way in hell I'm going.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Vigilantes seize town in Mexico and shoot at tourists after 'commander' is killed | Mail Online

more pictures in there, seems like gun control works well.

stx kid, I had a talk with a cop when I first got into to town. Apparently they, two of the cartels, had some big shoot out with 50 cal and the like just a few weeks prior down off highway 83 20-30 miles south of town. Guy suggested I get a CHL asap and do not go to Mexico. I've heard that last part from everyone here.

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    Vigilantes seize town in Mexico and shoot at tourists after 'commander' is killed | Mail Online

more pictures in there, seems like gun control works well.

stx kid, I had a talk with a cop when I first got into to town. Apparently they, two of the cartels, had some big shoot out with 50 cal and the like just a few weeks prior down off highway 83 20-30 miles south of town. Guy suggested I get a CHL asap and do not go to Mexico. I've heard that last part from everyone here.

If you'd like, I can give you the info for the guy I took my class with.

The incident that they are refering to was a mess... In fact, if you can help it don't go past loop 20 down where it intersects with 83.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    looks like the guy on the right has a 10-22

Yep. BX-25 or similar mag, probably the carbine version.

IMHO the only bad thing about this is that (for now, at least) the "vigilantes" are likely so poorly equipped that they don't stand much of a chance unless they're -really- good with guerrilla tactics.

kirk10100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    El Paso
    Well good for thses people. Not much will change though. The country is divided into lower and upper class with very few in the middle. The upper class is generally insulated from the violence and the lower class have to fend for themselves. The upper class support the corrupt goverment which in turn maintains the status quo. Nothing ever changes there. Such a shame too since it used to be a beautiful country to visit. Nowadays I wouldn't go down there if you paid me

Wabbit69

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Austin
    Well good for thses people. Not much will change though. The country is divided into lower and upper class with very few in the middle. The upper class is generally insulated from the violence and the lower class have to fend for themselves. The upper class support the corrupt goverment which in turn maintains the status quo. Nothing ever changes there. Such a shame too since it used to be a beautiful country to visit. Nowadays I wouldn't go down there if you paid me

^^^^This. I've never been there, but that's what some acquatintences of mine from there tell me. Really sad. I do believe that south of the border has been a final destination for a lot folks who were on the lam. There's a reason for that . The rule of law ain't real high up on their cultural priorities. Case in point: Up north, crime dramas (including crime comedies) are far and away the largest genre in TV and Movies. I don't know what it is down south.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX

sad.... but true....

Top Bottom