• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • java

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    here
    I for one will give up watching any nascar races, if the NRA ran a car the outrage would be overwhelming, wonder if the millions of dollars attached to one of the recent bills to fund nascar had any bearing on this.

[h=4]Michael Waltrip, the two-time Daytona 500 winner was set to drive the No. 30 Toyota in a one-race deal. The number instead will be changed to No. 26 to honor the victims of Sandy Hook, the school in Newtown, Conn., where 20 first-graders and six adults were killed on Dec. 14.[/h]

Read more: Michael Waltrip will drive No. 26 car with Sandy Hook Elementary School tribute decal in Daytona 500  - NY Daily News
    Guns International

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Please, tell me I'm missing something in the linked story ..... tell me y'all are in favor of supporting the victims.

<at this point I'm keeping it on the surface meaning I don't know which families may need help and exactly where any money raised actually goes>

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I don't see how this is a bad thing...? He's helping remember the families affected by Newtown. It's not like he's sporting Brady Campaign vinyls.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    MEH. Typical modern day symbolism for publicity and ratings... I guess we should not be surprised but it's as fake as Pamela Anderson's tits.

NASCAR is just proving they are the whores for publicity that we already knew they were.

Bless Michael Waltrip's little heart.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've been losing interest in NASCAR since it went PC. No more Winston cup, no Busch series, no bumping, no fighting, no cussing, and the whole chase for the cup thing is bullshit IMO.

Then they started all that "Danica Patrick: The new face of NASCAR" BS. She never did anything to be the face of NASCAR outside GoDaddy commercials.

They need to go back to being a bunch of rednecks racing, fighting, and cussing their way to the finish line.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Bless Michael Waltrip's little heart.

rofl1.gif

java

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    here
    in my veiw he basically is supporting gun control because sandy hook and AWB are synonymous.

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    What would be the problem with the NRA sponsoring a car? I don't see where there would be any outrage given the fan basis of the sport. I don't really watch it anymore either, though. Ever since Earnhardt died and they started making all the changes-it's not really the same for me anymore. Making all the cars be the same was the final straw for me.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    National
    Association of
    STOCK
    CAR
    Auto
    Racing

There ain't nothin stock about any of the top three classes. Some of the smaller tracks that have NASCAR sponsorship still have good racing, but as far as what you see on TV-NASCAR needs to change their name.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What would be the problem with the NRA sponsoring a car? I don't see where there would be any outrage given the fan basis of the sport. I don't really watch it anymore either, though. Ever since Earnhardt died and they started making all the changes-it's not really the same for me anymore. Making all the cars be the same was the final straw for me.

That's what happens when you try to fix something that ain't broke.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I've been losing interest in NASCAR since it went PC. No more Winston cup, no Busch series, no bumping, no fighting, no cussing, and the whole chase for the cup thing is bullshit IMO.

You must not have been watching a lot of NASCAR lately. They still have plenty of bumping, fighting, and cussing. Did you see when Gordon deliberately and obviously put Bowyer in the wall, even after Gordon was black flagged to get off the track? Bowyer's pit crew jumped Gordon as soon as he got out of his car, and Bowyer sprinted through the pits to Gordon's garage to try and find him. It was straight out of Days of Thunder.

As for no bumping, I'll just leave this here:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Gunbroker.com sposored a car in nationwide a couple of years ago. Made me watch more races.

Top Bottom