• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I don't think Midway is a supporting vendor of this forum but I feel the need to share an email I received from them this morning because they truly are a reputable company that is constantly innovating in ways that save us money and time. There are also a whole lot of newer members here who may not be aware of them who may be considering, or already are, doing business with the likes of Cheaper Than Dirt, Dick's Sporting Goods, Tactical Firearms etc. They need to know who the good guys are and Midway USA is certainly one of them.

6abupemy.jpg

Dear PHILIP,
    37 years ago, when we first opened the gun shop, my favorite part of the job was visiting with and taking care of Customers. Always listening and learning, I did everything possible to make sure Customers were satisfied. Over the years, the desire to continuously improve everything, so Customers are always satisfied, has become part of the MidwayUSA culture. Continuous Improvement is at the core of everything we do -- listening, learning and improving; always putting Customers first.
    One of the things that has always bothered me, was how much mail order companies had to charge for shipping packages. Freight is expensive! But we discovered that if MidwayUSA re-engineered our system for shipping packages -- tirelessly improving our processes so they were extremely efficient, and had great relationships with our freight partners -- so we received the very best rates; well, if we could do those two things, we could save our Customers a lot of money on shipping costs. So, that’s exactly what we did!

Today, I’m very pleased to announce one of the most important improvements for Customers we’ve ever made -- our new Nitro Express Shipping® system. We’ve spent several years and millions of dollars to develop one of the best, most efficient shipping systems in the country; and we’ve negotiated very hard with our freight partners -- all to save our Customers money on shipping costs.

Right off the bat you’ll notice that most shipping costs went down substantially; and our new rate chart is really easy to understand. There are no small order fees and shipping costs are calculated ‘real-time’ as you add products to your shopping cart. The complete details are available by clicking on ‘Shipping Charges & Options’ on our website, or you can click here. I hope you’re pleased with MidwayUSA’s new Nitro Express Shipping® system.

- Larry Potterfield
    Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA
    vaqy2ubu.jpg

I've been buying stuff from Larry's company for well over 10 years now without a single hiccup. Their prices are reasonable even in the face of shortages and panic buying, their communication is great, their customer service reps are friendly and seem genuinely concerned with helping you have the best buying experience possible.

A NOTE TO MODS: You all know I am not affiliated with MidwayUSA in any way shape or form outside of being a continuously satisfied customer. If you see this post as unpaid advertisement and decide to remove it I understand. I'm just wanting to make some of the newer (and possibly long standing) members who may not have witnessed the way Midway handled the latest panic buying frenzy aware of one of the good guys in our chosen industry/hobby/interest.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I've been ordering from midway since it was phone calls and postage stamps.
    never been disappointed.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Different strokes for different folks

I used them for years until last year or so when they seemed bent on taking a great compnay and running it into the ground with horrible service. First up was elimination of dealer discounts, then it was retro-actively reducing already invoiced orders, nothing ever in inventory it seemed or available when claimed, shitty shipping service, and the final nail was price increases making Competitors better choices.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Back in the "Day" before the Internet, I had the pleasure of ordering from Midway circa 1992 on-wards. If you ordered by mail or phone, Midway paid for all shipping, including bulk ammunition and heavy-for-size bullets.

I must have ordered over 500 lbs of projectiles before Larry saw the light that shipping costs were busting his balls.

I've ordered a fair amount of .22 LR over the last several months from Midway, and the "Nitro" shipping was on the far high side -- about $16.76 for one brick of 500 rounds. That would add up to at least $160.76 since case sales were not available.

Not a complaint, since I do appreciate that Mr. Potterfield saved me hundreds of dollars with free shipping in the 90's and beyond. I'm happy to pay shipping today not only in reply to his generosity of years past, but also that I don't have to burn fuel looking for ammo that cannot be easily found locally.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I like Midway. My other Go-To's are Top Gun and Brownells. Although Brownells tends to be a bit more price, they have EVERYTHING, and a class 3 FFL get's you a discount. I keep meaning to send that paperwork in.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    so anyone actually test this 'nitro' IMO this is a response to horrible shipping rates and their policy of shipping back orders as they come into stock, for extra fees. Not a slam. I do order from Midway, however. It's few and far between anymore. MAYBE 1x a year now.

Top Bottom