• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Like others, I've ordered from MidwayUSA for a long time. I've even had some email correspondence with Mr. Potterfield. They've always treated me right and I think they've always tried to run a good, quality business. There are other vendors that are also good guys - Grafs, for example - so Midway is not alone, but they are in the short list of good vendors.

I see people dealing with businesses that would screw you over in a heartbeat (yeah, CTD is on the top of THAT list) and I hope that one day they'll come to understand how important it is to support businesses that are honest - and that you save money in the long run with the good guys.
    Target Sports

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Sorry to disagree with some of the posts but I've had real good service from Midway. I don't recall when they started keeping track but my current order count at Midway is 137 orders. There were a few stinkers in that number but eventually, it was made right.

My favorite story was when I was ordering boxes of Ranier bullets.....500 or 1000 per box. Some of the orders were split open with bullets dribbling up the driveway as UPS arrived! I talked to Pete at Midway and through a series of phone conversations, we got the packing corrected. They'd send a box of bullets and I'd give them a call to tell them the condition upon arrival. It took several tries but my latest order for 1000 Meister bullets was perfect!

One that did NOT go well was when my order came by UPS/USPS "Shurepost". The mail guy locked my package in the rural mailbox, gave me a key but it didn't fit any of the mailboxes! It took a week to get my stuff and Midway was NOT helpful on that one. Now, I pay the extra $ to get regular UPS and cut the USPS out of the loop.

So...One real bummer out of 137 orders isn't bad.

Flash

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Got the email today. I have never had anything but exceptional service from Midway. A prime example happened only a few months ago. I'd ordered 5 Ruger BX-25 magazines, which USPS showed as having been delivered, but I never received them. One call to Midway and in less than a week, 5 replacement mags showed up at my door, no additional charges whatsoever. Larry Potterfield for President!!!

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I received the same e-mail yesterday too. In the past couple of years I have done a lot of business with Midway. The only problem I had was with their shipping/packing methods. The 4 boxes of Min-Mags were pretty much just loose in a large box. One broken with .22lr all over the box. But, I was just happy to get the .22 ammo.

I'm glad they eliminated the small order up-charge. I see that anything under 1 lb ships at a flat $3.99 now. Good call on their part.

OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I've always had really great luck, and really don't have too many complaints.

I've got a few really amazing deals... such as buying really nice .308 match ammo for something like $14-15 dollars a box. I don't remember the exact price, it was roughly half of what the same stuff sells for (on a good day) in brick and mortar shops. I'm still kicking myself for shooting so much of that up at only 100 yards.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I too, have been a Midway customer since the fax/mail in your check days. They have been one of the better options for quite a while.

Can Natchez undercut them? occasionally

Top Bottom