• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Minigun vs. feral pigs....Made a good video, Lots of ammo to do the job, though...I think a full auto AK47 from an ultra light airplane killing feral hogs would also make a great video but probably won't happen....Tree huggers and bunny kissers aren't going to like killing of any kind, likely not even ragheads in Afghanistan....So to please them, I'll kill a Budweiser and save the can....
    Lynx Defense

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I help "manage" the hog population on a 5,000 acre ranch in South Texas. I think you need to consider that someone "spraying and praying" with a machine gun increases the possibility of something less than an ethical/clean kill. I am not talking about filling a pig full of holes; I am talking about the pig that gets hit in the ass, runs off and dies a miserable death. Maybe that's what some of the "naysayers" are thinking too. Bottom line: don't forget about hunting morals and ethics; they are critically important.

I hear you on the morals. I had assumed that running a minigun (vs a full auto AR/AK) would be a pretty quick kill. Full auto doesn't always equal "srpay and pray." It didn't look like any of them ran off wounded in the video. If it was common to have them run off after a "minigun hunt" then I'd probably change my opinion, but I don't believe that to be the case (based on the video).

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I help "manage" the hog population on a 5,000 acre ranch in South Texas. I think you need to consider that someone "spraying and praying" with a machine gun increases the possibility of something less than an ethical/clean kill. I am not talking about filling a pig full of holes; I am talking about the pig that gets hit in the ass, runs off and dies a miserable death. Maybe that's what some of the "naysayers" are thinking too. Bottom line: don't forget about hunting morals and ethics; they are critically important.

I concur....

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Made a good video...but, seems staged....caged and released....that equals fail in my book, regardless. People bitch and moan on the same done when "hunting" lion and other game. He might as well just let them in the cage and shot them up there. Now, if it was a strategic setup, chased to the kill zone, maybe then a little more credit...just my .02

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    I have no issues with hog killing, it needs to be done. However, this is wasting too much ammo and providing too much ammo for the anti gun folks.... Pass/Fail?? most certainly Fail.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This logic does not compute.

Please Hippie, don't stick me out there, too. Wild pigs are well known as destructive critters where I live. In fact, the Feds hire trappers to catch them to RELOCATE them! I'd relocate them to a hole or to a frying pan. I understand the small ones are pretty good to eat.

I just think I could snuff one with less than 2000 rounds from a mini gun. Tree huggers thrive on that stuff and I just feel that we should be more discrete in our hobby interests.

My view? Kill all the hogs and Armadillos you want.

Flash

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The little ones are great to BBQ. The big ones can taste awful unless you put a whole lot of work into them.

I get the discretion angle. Makes sense. I just don't get the inhumane angle.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I love hog hunting, but this is somewhat distasteful IMO. I guess I see no sport in it getting rid of them this way. Waste of ammo too...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom