• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rifleman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    I would use something in the .270, .308, .30/06 or 7mm mag, range, you may have to shoot at a long range, I have a friend that shot one at 314 yards with an 'o6. We had been at the range and he shot the rifle at 300yds and knew where to hold.
    Capitol Armory ad

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    A buddy of mine offered up his .308 if I'm not able to get my 6.8 build together before the hunt rolls around.
    thanks for all the input guys

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    Also, the only thing about using the mosin is I feel like I'd look too much like a noob.
    but then again, a kill is a kill wether it be with a rock or a cannon.

aoudadhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Marfa, texas
    It's all about shot placement. What I tell every client is "break them down" if you can break the shoulders you have all day to place a better vital shot! As far as the caliber suggestion I shoot a 25-06 and killed my very first one with a .243 I would suggest a flat caliber slinging at least 120 grains of lead.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    .243 to 30-06. If your looking at buying a rifle just for aoudad then you can get away with being picky. Best bet if you ever plan on shooting anything else with it you might want a .270, .308, or 30-06. Those three are very versatile for hunting and ammo is readily available every where from jimbos country store to Academy. Pick a solid rifle with a good reputation and customer service. Remington 700, Savage, Winchester, Marlin, Ruger. Theres even some new budget polymer synthetic models (glock types if you will) hitting the market. Some are reportedly very accurate and smooth while others are a little on the rough side. Do your home work and pick something thats not just a purchase but an investment.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The Ruger American OS offered in long action calibers and is under $500 so are some offerings from from TC

tap talked from a phone yeah im on my phone! it's crazy!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    We want pics of dead Aoudad! I'm just letting you know ahead of time. LOL. Good luck man I hear the 6.8 is an awesome hunting round.

tap talked from a phone yeah im on my phone! it's crazy!

Top Bottom