Missing UPS Ammo Shipment

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by Maxpower, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Maxpower

Maxpower Active Member

May 26, 2009
    Has this ever happened to anyone and can you tell me what to expect? I ordered some 45 and 380 online with UPS ground shipping, scheduled for delivery on 11/25/09. No one showed up from UPS so I checked the tracking # and it showed "Delivered 4:45 Front Door", (ground does not require a signature), but it was not delivered to my house. I assume he delivered to the wrong location and then scanned it as "Delivered". UPS says the shipper has to request a trace, which he said he will do but UPS was closed from Thursday to Monday. So any thoughts on how this unfolds? What will a trace do other than show "Delivered 4:45 Front Door"? My order was for $165

Thanks for any feedback

2. randmplumbingllc

randmplumbingllc Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I think,if nothing else, you can dispute the charge with your credit card company.

3. Maxpower

Maxpower Active Member

May 26, 2009

that's true but Mike Wrigley, the shipper, did his job - it was UPS that screwed up, I hate to penalize him

4. Wraith

Wraith Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    Good luck with UPS, out of two claims I have only been paid on one. If it shows delivered and didn't require a signature then you'll be on the losing end of that battle.

5. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    ummmmm....unless you can show that you were in fact home at the time. Had that happen to me one time - my office is at the front door - NO way they left anything at the door without me seein' 'em!

6. Maxpower

Maxpower Active Member

May 26, 2009

same here but there is no way to show I was there and the driver screwed up

7. espnazi

espnazi Member

Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    Did you pay for extra insurance? if not you'll have to dispute the matter with UPS and after about a week they will refund you but they will only refund you $100 since that's their maximum.

8. Greg_TX

Greg_TX Well-Known

Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I thought the shipper was the one that had to file the dispute with UPS? We pay shipping costs as part of the order, but the shipper is the paying customer as far as UPS is concerned. At least that's the way it was explained to me when something I'd ordered got lost in shipping. Filing a dispute with your CC company usually motivates the shipper to straighten things out with the carrier.

9. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I thought all ammunition required a signature from someone over 21. After all, that is pistol ammunition.

10. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Have a feeling we're talkin' about projectiles here - not loaded rounds. An' yes - the shipper has to initiate any claims w/UPS.