• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    go to ups.com and enter the tracking number and see exactly what it sez, I deal with ups shipping everyday at work, and if indeed the proper hazmat markings are not on the box, it would explain the no signature ordeal. I would forward the actual ups page that lists the package info to the vendor as well.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    • From ups.com, regarding ammunition shipments (doesnt mean ups knew what was in the box though)
    • Small arms ammunition, as defined in 49 C.F.R. § 173.59, will be transported only when packaged and labeled in compliance with 49 C.F.R. § 172 regarding hazardous materials shipments.
    1.gif

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    • From ups.com, regarding ammunition shipments (doesnt mean ups knew what was in the box though)
    • Small arms ammunition, as defined in 49 C.F.R. § 173.59, will be transported only when packaged and labeled in compliance with 49 C.F.R. § 172 regarding hazardous materials shipments.
    1.gif

a few weeks ago I received some ammo from ATG and the boxes had ORM-D labels, no signature was required, it was left - as other shipments have been - at the front door.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    I'm curious to see how this comes out so please keep us posted. I ship ammunition several times a week via UPS and have never had any problems (knock on wood).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    New Braunfels
    FWIW I have ordered ammo from Midway and Natchez several times in the last year. Sometimes with other items and sometimes alone. Never had to sign. Most times was left on front step. UPS does the knock and run. These were loaded rounds. 380 and 45. Dont recall what the packaging said.

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    FWIW I have ordered ammo from Midway and Natchez several times in the last year. Sometimes with other items and sometimes alone. Never had to sign. Most times was left on front step. UPS does the knock and run. These were loaded rounds. 380 and 45. Dont recall what the packaging said.

yep, they drop the package at the door, hit the doorbell, and get back on the truck.....they never wait for someone to answer

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    I'm curious to see how this comes out so please keep us posted. I ship ammunition several times a week via UPS and have never had any problems (knock on wood).

will do - the thing that hacks me the most about this is that in that order was 5 boxes of Federal 380 at 19$ a box:mad: + some 45 JHP's

ldcarson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    I hope they find it. I ordered some 2 weeks ago and UPS delivered it...to the front door where it sat for 6 hours until my parents came home to it. I called them to complain. there excuse was you have a tracking number...you should be home to recieve it, its not like you can't see where it is....What happened to customer service?

Euclid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Dallas
    Maybe it's been said, but when you place an order for a product/purchase a product, you aren't paying for a service - you're paying for a PRODUCT.

I've done a LOT of business over the years selling things through the internet, it's the seller's responsibility to deliver the product that you purchased. If something goes sour through a third party shipment company, the seller is responsible.

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    UPS contacted me today to get the details of the missing shipment. I told them I was at home waiting and when it got late with no delivery I checked the tracking # and it said "Delivered Front Door 4:45" - which it had not. I told UPS that I checked with the neighbors on both sides of my house and they did not receive it. I told UPS that there are 3 parallel streets with a 4910 address (same as mine) and I believe the driver, in a hurry before Thanksgiving, saw 4910 but was on the wrong street.So far -6 days later- no one has contacted UPS or brought it to my house, I assume they see it as a gift.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Had same problems few years back with a computer monitor required
    several months to obtain a payment from UPS.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Get a copy of the signature.
    I bet you find it was signed by the driver.

There is an ex FedEx driver that was fired upon returning to the distribution center for signing an adult signature required on a rifle I had sent in for a recall and leaving it on my door step. (luck my neighbor grabbed it for me)

If it was sent with signature required I bet the driver signed it.
    File a theft charge on the ammo with the last know location was in the possession of UPS driver.

I have also had ammo marked as delivered but found a few days later in the UPS distribution center.

This is also why I have my UPS shipments sent to the local UPS store and pay the $3.00 for them to receive them for me.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    UPS contacted me today to get the details of the missing shipment. I told them I was at home waiting and when it got late with no delivery I checked the tracking # and it said "Delivered Front Door 4:45" - which it had not. I told UPS that I checked with the neighbors on both sides of my house and they did not receive it. I told UPS that there are 3 parallel streets with a 4910 address (same as mine) and I believe the driver, in a hurry before Thanksgiving, saw 4910 but was on the wrong street.So far -6 days later- no one has contacted UPS or brought it to my house, I assume they see it as a gift.

That or they freaked out when they opened a box of <GASP> bullets! :eek:

;)

cnl390

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    A year or so ago I ordered a camera as a present for my wife and had the delivery address as my office. I waited at the office all day and at 5:15pm called UPS. I was told that delivery had been attempted but the office was locked. Impossible, the driver obviously wanted to get done with his route and skipped me all together. I bitched so much they sent him back. But it just goes to show you can't trust anyone anymore.

Top Bottom