• ...and so much more!
  • Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    robert, i've got 28rds of Hornady Superformance 80gr GMX, and 8rds of Hornady Superformance 95gr SST that has your name on it. I can ship them to you if you pay for shipping, or I can just bring them to Hicksville if you're going and can wait. I also got 40 once-fired Hornady .243 brass if you're a handloader.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    4x is low enough for hunting. 12x will make 500 yd shots plenty easy.
    243 shoots flat enough that you don't do a lot of adjusting out to 400.
    My Simmons whitetail 4x12x44 is older than a bunch of these guys.
    I do have reservations about their newer stuff.

I have tried a ffp (first focal plane).
    I might like one with more use. Not intuitive to me.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    robert, i've got 28rds of Hornady Superformance 80gr GMX, and 8rds of Hornady Superformance 95gr SST that has your name on it. I can ship them to you if you pay for shipping, or I can just bring them to Hicksville if you're going and can wait. I also got 40 once-fired Hornady .243 brass if you're a handloader.

PM inbound

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    After looking at everything, I'm thinking about a Vortex Crossfire II 6-18x 44 with the Dead Hold BDC reticle. It's going on a 43 year old Rem 700 .243. Somebody talk me out of it or it's going to have itself bought. And a big thanks to Savage20. Having some different grain pills to shoot will add to the fun.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    After looking at everything, I'm thinking about a Vortex Crossfire II 6-18x 44 with the Dead Hold BDC reticle. It's going on a 43 year old Rem 700 .243. Somebody talk me out of it or it's going to have itself bought. And a big thanks to Savage20. Having some different grain pills to shoot will add to the fun.
    Vortex makes good stuff. Lifetime warranty too. I think it is a good choice if you don't plan on any normal range deer hunting.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Another SWFA fan here.
    Emailed an issue I was having with a scope, they air freighted a new one that same day and sent me a UPS label to return the defective scope at my leisure.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    I recommend the Nightforce SHV 4-14x56 it has outstanding glass, a 30mm tube, and the same reticle options as the NXS. I recommend the MOAR reticle. I put one on my National Match 308, and I can shoot out to 800 yards just using the hold off in the reticle. It has 30MOA of drop in the reticle. You can get them for under a grand. I am looking at buying another one.

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Another SWFA fan here.
    Emailed an issue I was having with a scope, they air freighted a new one that same day and sent me a UPS label to return the defective scope at my leisure.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Roger that; they're good people. I'm liking the 10X I bought from them more and more. I bought it to use as a spare and for photos of guns I use in articles. It's an excellent scope.
    Bob

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Save a little more and get a used Vortex PST 4-16x FFP or 6-24x, Bushnell elite tactical 6-24x and 3.5-21x are very affordable on the used market as well. Never settle or compromise on glass, it makes a world of difference.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    And that is just crazy to me.

I know Swarovski has an odd warranty too. Lifetime to the original buyer with proof of purchase. Nothing to the second owner (or something like that).

I show my protest with my wallet. To each their own though.

I bought my Swarovski PH 4-16x50 used years ago.Last year I sent it in to get checked out-it started loosing it's zero setting. Swarovski not only checked the scope out,but replaced everything that was worn on the scope-For FREE!

While some higher end optics don't have a "Lifetime" warranty,they do stand behind their products 100%.
    I'm about to drop $3k on a new Kahles K624i scope,and they only have a 12 year warranty,but I'm not worried about it at all.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I think the Luephold VX-1 line is one of the better values in scopes right now. They have a 4-12x40 that would work well for you. It doesn't have a mil-dot reticle, but it does have some marks for you to use on hold overs. Personally I think a mil-dot is kinda pointless unless it's a FFP.

I recommend the Nightforce SHV 4-14x56 it has outstanding glass, a 30mm tube, and the same reticle options as the NXS. I recommend the MOAR reticle. I put one on my National Match 308, and I can shoot out to 800 yards just using the hold off in the reticle. It has 30MOA of drop in the reticle. You can get them for under a grand. I am looking at buying another one.
    Guess you missed his budget requirements :laughing:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom