Not compared to California:

Payment to county sheriff's office for application: $103
    Payment to county sheriff's office for Live Scan: $95
    Payment for instruction: $150
    Total for new permit: $348

Renewal Fee: $25 -ish
    Renewal training: $150
    Total for renewal: $175

Also, CA licenses are only good for two years.

In case you ain't noticed, this ain't California. Ya'll have done it to yourselves - sorry to sound so cold-blooded, but ya'll have allowed the libs to inject themselves so deeply into your political fabric it ain't funny.

Havoc70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    California
    In case you ain't noticed, this ain't California. Ya'll have done it to yourselves - sorry to sound so cold-blooded, but ya'll have allowed the libs to inject themselves so deeply into your political fabric it ain't funny.

I'm not going to argue that, at all. Even though I don't vote for the libs and most of the northern and rural counties are definitely more conservative the coastal counties (SF, LA, etc) screw it up for everyone. Yet another reason why I'm moving to Texas. I was just pointing out that comparatively speaking, TX CHL fees are damn reasonable (and especially for me, since I'm a vet).

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    They would give a DA or a city or county an opinion.

No "stranglehold of bureaucracy" here. (Although that phrase would fit into my "dramatic flair" catagory)

Well I sure hope they do. I'd hate to hear of someone losing a bunch of money fighting this injustice. To quote one of my favorite police officers- it needs to be "Nipped in the bud." smiley-tongue-out.jpg

"Stranglehold of (Federal) Bureaucracy" is the sub-title of a good book I read a couple of years ago and I find myself using the phrase from time to time.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ok, in hope of getting this thing some more attention, I have sent letters to the following people explaining this situation, and asking for help.

Governor Rick Perry
    Lt. Governor David Dewhurst
    Senator John Cornyn
    Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison
    Congressman Ted Poe (my district)
    State Senator Tommy Williams (my district)
    State Representative Dan Huberty (my district)
    Speaker of the Texas House Joe Straus

If you don't know who represents you, check here.
    Who Represents Me--Home

Does anyone remember who in the Texas legislature were the driving forces in getting the initial CHL legislation pushed through? If they are still in office, I would like to contact them also.

Thanks to All,

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    No, no response to last email, and I did not feel like pushing the issue. Got a bunch of form letters back from our elected representatives, including one that seemed like is was personalized to my cause. Can't remember who sent it, but it was filled with resources that could assist financially strapped people in legal trouble, or with convictions. I think they misunderstood the purpose of the letter and thought I might be in deep legal poo already, LOL.

CPTKILLER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Gatesville, TX
    I get frustrated with Constables and Campus Cops. They aren't the sharpest LEO's in Texas. There are exceptions but this guy fit the mold of a very dull tack.

Top Bottom