• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    I shot two targets today, one scored an 82-0X the other 75-0X.

82-0x is better than my first official score of 80-0X so I hope I can do better in the next few visits, otherwise that will be my official score for the month.
    Military Camp

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I noticed the other day that the official targets link are no good. I'm gonna PM Tejano Scott and see if he has them on file. I have them on my desk top but for some reason I can't attach them to a post.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    TM: I thought you were saying the Official LINK wasn't working. I have the PDF file and will send it to those who need it.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Shot 3 targets today. 75-1X, 72-0X, and too crappy to score.

The first 2 were at 50 yards with the .17HMR, so I am not going to post those officially. I just think it is a bit "unfair" with the HMR's accuracy qualities over the .22lr. I am going to shoot a target at 100 yards with it this week to keep me honest and fair.

The last target was shot at 50 yards with my .22lr and was all over the place. I just can't get it to shoot consistently.

Kudos to acorneau for his posted scores. He has been working long and hard to get that 10/22 tuned up, and he is shooting it exceptionally well.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Hey, thanks!

I shot two 10-bull targets today, one with CCI-SV and the other with Norma TAC-22. CCI-SV scored 77-0X and the Norma 78-0X, both under my previous official targets. Luckily I've got two or three more weekends to get a better score for the month.

Hey TexMex247... have you moved things out to 50 yards yet? :asniper:

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Just posted my September scoring target. It was my second "official" target session at 50. I shot 6 practice targets and 2 scorers. This time I used a recently built 10/22 that I selected another ER shaw bull barrel for. I did my usual magic on the trigger, bolt,etc and put a Bushnell banner scope on it. It all rests nicely in a Fajen stock. I thought there would be a significant disadvantage with this rifle based on it's lower powered scope but there really wasn't.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Here is a picture of the rifle...

Attachments

• fajen build 003.jpg
      fajen build 003.jpg
      49.4 KB · Views: 231

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Nice shooting there TexMex and congratulations on the new rifle.

Glad you've moved out to 50 yards now as your 99-9x scores were killing my hopes of being able to compete!

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Got out to the 100 yard line for a little while this morning. I shot 3 targets with 3 different ammo for comparison. A pass of a BoreSnake was made before each different ammo, and 10 fouling shots were made. I am not going to submit any as scorers b/c I know I can improve.

CCI 16gr TNT: 57-0x
    Hornady 17gr Vmax: 55-0x
    Remington: 17gr Accutip-V Boat Tail: 64-0x

I have to be careful b/c the last one would have been DSQ'd due to having two shots on one circle. But since it was a practice/ammo test I scored it anyway.

On a grouping note I was able to put this 5 shot group together with the Remington stuff:

cfb513832595d260c80b9b4758f95731.jpg

To my amazement I was able to do that without spending too much time over the target. Meaning I wasn't thinking about muscle movement, relaxing, etc. It was just breathe out, squeeze, reload, repeat.

I am going to hit it again next week.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Ok gents, the weather is slowly turning for the better. Now that hunting season is long gone, I'll be getting back to the bench to pursue rimfire perfection. This year I will be shooting strictly at 50 yards and beyond. Last year I managed to work up the ladder to expert status at 25 yards. For those of you thinking 50 yards is a good starting point, I highly recommend mastering 25 yards before taking that leap. It will undoubtably be a humbling experience. If you are in need of competition targets, I believe they have been reposted and rehosted by acorneau a few pages back. Good luck guys.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Id love to get in on this too but my issue is our local ranges require you to use their targets and don't allow you to modify them. May have to talk to them about it for this!

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I finally found some time to shoot some more targets over the last few months. Unfortunately, I have been hard pressed to get out of the rookie class at 50 yards. At best I have shot several targets in the low 90's.

Recently while going to post my August target, I made an unsettling discovery. It turns out my PDF copy of these targets was scaled at 98 percent ! When I measured them out they were right at or under 2.00" OD or about .050" to small.

It really didn't make a difference for me in August but I am gonna make damn sure my September targets are in proper scale. When you are shooting for a high 90's score to progress, a few thousandths of an inch does make a difference.

Be sure and measure a printed target before you waste any lead on them. I am hoping a properly sized target and some cooler weather will help move me up the ladder. Good luck gents !

Attachments

• TGT RFC Targets 002.jpg
      TGT RFC Targets 002.jpg
      33.3 KB · Views: 242

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Good catch there TexMex.

I've been too wrapped up in off-hand shooting (silhouette, RFC off-hand matches) to do much bench work. Since I've got a new CZ 452 I may have to sit down and try one of these targets soon.

Top Bottom