• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    It took me quite a while to find the right ammo for my gun. I am gonna sight in a new aimpoint tonight if you want to stop by.

Thanks for the offer, and I would really like to, but my hall pass from boss lady expired at noon today. Sometime soon though.

MK

Sent from somewhere.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Hey guys, I am actually putting together a site that is going to be for shooters, just like you, where you are miles away, but want to have the option to "compete" against others casually, maybe even get some tournaments going for prizes and potentially some cash purses as well (that option is months away as I work out the intricacies of my idea). My question to you is: What games would you like to see on there? Would you like to see paper target games only? If so, which ones do you find the most entertaining? And what other types of games would you like to see? I am plan on setting the website up to be able to have individuals compete, as well as teams go against each other. For right now they are going to be round count games, based of rifle or pistol, open sights, yardage, etc. I see that you guys have a pretty good template here to start and was wondering if I could use it, and build upon it to get a different type of website up and going? I see this thread here and the newly thought of "spoon shoot" for our up and coming TGT Hicksville meet and I think we could get something going pretty fun and exciting.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I'm going to get on-board with this game. I've been doing my shooting at Athena; however, the longest range they have for rifle is 17yards, so that sorta limits things. I've printed out some of the targets and will trot out a couple of my .22 toys and see what happens. For rifles, I love the Sig 522 and have two of them. The first is set up with iron sights, the standard 16" barrel, and usually wears a small suppressor. The second is set up with a 4x optic similar to a cheap ACOG and has the 20" target barrel. For now, I'll shoot them both at the 17yard line and then start looking for another indoor range where I can have a go at 25yards. The only challenge is that I'm in a wheelchair and will have to work around that. Both rifles are wearing Harris bipods. I've got a good supply of SK Standard Plus, SK Subsonic, and have a few bricks of Wolf Match Extra enroute.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I changed up my 522 rifles described above. The target rifle is now wearing a Nikon Prostaff EFR Target Scope (3-9x40AO). I moved the ACOG clone optic over to my other 522 and have removed the iron sights. I shot some of the rimfire challenge targets and managed between 87-1X to 90-1X, so I need some work, for sure.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Made another modification to the target rifle. I installed a new barrel nut that allows the use of an AR free float forend. I purchased and in installed an ATI 15" version--with a Harris bipod mounted. With one trip to the range under her belt and using Wolf Match Target ammo, she seems to love the 10, if I do my part. I've got the scope zeroed, but I've only shot her at 20 yards thus far. I need to try another range to get out to 25 yards.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I had some targets printed out today. Fuuuu - Too embarrassing to post. I've decided I can kill the rabbit, but not in the eye.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Anyone with a 22 and a printer should give this a try. Be sure and check out the rules on pg1 and go for it.
    It's an honor system, start yourself out as a "rookie" and have fun working up. Lately there have only been a few targets posted.

Remember to always note "rookie shooting for marksman" or "rookie scoring target" to progress. You can score anywhere between a 0-99 for your rookie qualifier. From there you are trying to shoot marksman which is no easy task. Be sure to post your target securely on a solid backstop for crisper bullet holes.

Good luck and remember anything over a zero is good enough to get started.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Finally found some ammo that my gun likes.

I just shot a 25 yard target indoors and wound up with an 81-0x. I believe the score would have been higher had I been more liberal with my scoring. Some of my shots broke the line of the higher number, but the bulk of the hole is what I based my score on.

It will be posted in the scoring section when I get it scanned in later today or this evening for my rookie classification.

MK

Sent from an undisclosed location.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'll try again. I think I need to be in better physical condition. I go to these TGT shoots and shoot pistols for a couple of hours, then go to the rifle range. By then I'm tired, shaky and hungry.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Now that I've got my rifle tuned up and have a scope I'll try to remember to try a few of these when I go to the range on Sundays.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Hey fellas I was looking at teamed posts and like this idea for a game. Would you mind if I implemented it on my site? I could give you guys your own spot. It'd help me get feedback and it would give you guys a central score keeper so you could compete against each other for a more engaging experience.

Sent From This Tablet They Call A Phone, The G Flex

redbaron8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2014
    DFW
    When I printed out the targets, they measured 1.939 outside diameter. Any one know what I need to do to get them to the right size?
    These will work for me to get gun and glass dialed in before shooting for score. I am aware that smaller targets just make my task a little harder, but I really want to be shooting the correct size when I go for the gold!:cool:

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    When I printed out the targets, they measured 1.939 outside diameter. Any one know what I need to do to get them to the right size?

Make sure there is no "re-size" button selected when printing. It may also be called "fit to paper", "print full size", "shrink oversized pages", or anything like that, it just depends on your operating system and printer software.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    It is a solid 97 w/2x bulls.
    Real close to another 97 but I have to call it a 96 w/2x.
    I'm scoring it a 100 w/2x bulls. This target officially pushes me into the expert category. I'd like to thank wolf ammo and some agreeable central Texas spring weather for helping to make it happen.
    As it stands, a 100 w/3x bullseyes.
    The results, a 99 score with only 1x bulls.
    As I score it, a 98 w/1X bulls.
    You are a very sick man . . . . kudos sir! ;)

Top Bottom