• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just got home, we had a good group at breakfast (Skip and his missus, Randy_rcr, XL1200 plus his missus and son, and my son with me). TRN and Schoolmarm got to IHOP with some friends as we were leaving, so we chatted with them for a bit then headed over to the show.. Everyone but Skip and his wife hung together at the show (smart move on their part, they probably got through in half the time we did!). We did run into PFCHardin at the show as well.

It was a good show (but a bit crowded), I scored a Soviet GP-5 gas mask (NOS) for ten bucks that Randy saw (he got one as well), plus a nice Hungarian AK bayonet with the leather frog and of course the Polish AKMS bayonet and magazine pouch that TRN brought from NB for me (it went with the sweet rifle I bought from GunMonk a few months back). Despite what everyone says about him, TRN can be a nice guy on occasion!

So it was the typical SAXET show. I saw a couple of buddies from work, one of which bought a ATI GSG .22 1911 that looked really sweet. The vendor actually was out of Helotes, a new shop called Gun Shack located at 12274 Bandera Rd. I was surprised that a gun store opened up basically in my back yard without my knowing it, but I do plan to stop by there soon as they had a nice selection and good prices at the show.

To everyone there, as always it was great meeting up at the show and I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did! I won't be in town for next month's show, but we'll most likely be going to the March show if anyone wants to pencil it on their calendar...

Cheers! M2

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    The show was quite packed today. No lucky getting rid of my G26, but I had a great time looking around. Ran into M2 and a few others.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    We just got home, and we had a good time as usual. majormadmax already named everyone, it was cool meeting a few more members. And as always fun to see TRN and Schoolmarm! I also met grakk and bought the ammo he had for sale, very nice guy and gave me a heck of a deal on 270 rds of .40 cal. He even threw in a boresnake and a (KleenBore) pocket cleaning kit for my XD40SC.... THANK YOU!!!! Unfortunately we had to breeze through everything, meet grakk and than split to go pay bills
    I saw a beautiful Ruger 45ACP/45LC convertible in Stainless that I wanted to get to replace the one I sold awhile back, (mine wasn't SS though).

Again, good seeing everyone...

00-Guy

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    San Antonio
    Went today with the Boss and our daughter. Got there early. Not too crowded then, but when we left 2+ hours later...... it was getting packed. Scored a dozen AK mags for for less than 7 bucks each. So I left happy.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    so i picked me up a gas mask as well. my mother recently had iodine radiation treatment so our house is a bit "unsafe" so i got home and showed it to her and gave her a stern look and told her i had my eye on her . she laughed and thought it was a cool buy. she then noted that the bag could be used to carry ammo.

i also registered to vote while i was there.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    so i picked me up a gas mask as well. My mother recently had iodine radiation treatment so our house is a bit "unsafe" so i got home and showed it to her and gave her a stern look and told her i had my eye on her . She laughed and thought it was a cool buy. She then noted that the bag could be used to carry ammo.

i also registered to vote while i was there.

very cool!!!!

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Yes, there were Saiga 12's...all in the $600-700 range (or better; saw one guy with a drop-in "conversion" and a $1,500 price tag (sigh). No Akdal mk1919, though. Ranch Hands everywhere...I guess that craze has peaked.

Sold everything I brought, got new stuff. I don't seem to make any money, but at least I have different toys :)

Alex

grakk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Cedar Park
    Had a great time, met up with Skip right when I walked in - was a great guy.

Then I walked around the place - then saw AJC sporting was selling a PPQ 9mm for 489 - thats almost the same as internet pricing - snagged that and hoped I could sell my .40 PPQ before I left. There was an 1-2 hour wait on paperwork at AJC so I was walking around - ended up settling for a bit less but manage to sell the .40.. Then went home cleaned the PPQ up then just got back from the range - I love it.

In case anyone is interested in a .40 PPQ AJC had a brand new one for 475 which is one of the best prices I've seen.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I paid 650 total for mine. 1500 is what mine will be worth after im done with it, or more!

I miss the days of $350 Saiga-12's. That made them only cost $2,900 when I was done building them into raceguns ;)

A

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Thinking about showing up tomorrow morning (yes, two hours from now ).
    Not really looking to buy anything after splurging on my birthday, my GF's birthday and Christmas (Dec. 22, 23, & 25), but I'm definitely in the market to go looking.

Top Bottom