• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Can someone explain to me what an executive order is? It seems like it is the president making a law unilaterally. Wouldnt that be unconstitutional?
    As stated they are policies that only apply to the Executive Branch of the Govt. Well we know how that has drifted to now include YOU and ME. What a lot of folks do not know is that when EO's are PUBLISHED in the Federal Register, they become Federal LAW after 30 days unless Congress takes action to stop them. And YES Obama is a dictator.

If you want to see something that gives much insight into where our country is and is continuing to go. Watch the series on the 10 years leading up to WWII...The Rise of Hiter. It takes you thru how Hitler rose to power in Germany, he was ELECTED you know, how he became an unelected dictator and how he ran the govt. Chilling...
    Military Camp

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    It wouldn't matter if his EO's were challenged in Court, it would take years to get to any point of a decision....

He is arrogant and a two bit dictator wannabe.....

jmho.......of course...

I hope he maintains the "wannabe" status.
    He just might not.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I hope he maintains the "wannabe" status.
    He just might not.
    Vaq, let me make the call:

His GOAL is to become the Sec General of the UN and head up the "New World Order" or one world govt as I like to call it. But he has some hurdles to get thru to make that happen. 1) Gun Control here in the US, 2) Agenda 21 Implementation in the us [ this is WELL underway, far more than most folks know or have any idea] 3) Climate Control/Cap and Trade, [Ca has already come on board with this and several other states are looking at hard, it does crush business, buth they don't care]. If Obama can get a got hold on these 3 then its a done deal on one world govt and he steps in to the Sec Gen chair.

If not then the ball is in the air and if you seen the series I mention in my post #21 on Hitlers rise to power then you know that him becoming a dictator and staying on for another term is not impossible. And don't anyone come up with any BS about what the Constitution says. Obama does NOT abide be the Constitution anymore than I pay attention to the 45 mph speed limit on the frontage road I drive along side I 10 out here in the country. Not only that there is a way around it and do it thru Congress to boot...WAR, ask FDR and we know Obama has NO hesitation on war...

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Can someone explain to me what an executive order is? It seems like it is the president making a law unilaterally. Wouldnt that be unconstitutional?

Many laws passed by Congress give Executive Branch wide latitude in deciding how to enforce. An EO is basically the POTUS telling an agency how to interpret a law. For example, long guns that are non-sporting cannot be imported by law. Who decides what is non-sporting and what is not? Executive Branch. They can go back at anytime and re-decide what is sporting or non-sporting.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Many laws passed by Congress give Executive Branch wide latitude in deciding how to enforce. An EO is basically the POTUS telling an agency how to interpret a law. For example, long guns that are non-sporting cannot be imported by law. Who decides what is non-sporting and what is not? Executive Branch. They can go back at anytime and re-decide what is sporting or non-sporting.

I cannot find a cite for that information. The POTUS does NOT make or interpret law, not within his power IF he follows the Constitution:

EO's:

They are usually used to direct certain tasks or actions to Cabinet members and other executive officers. Some executive orders even have the “force of law” when permissions are given by the Senate or House of Representatives.

A presidential executive order (EO) is a directive issued to federal agencies, department heads, or other federal employees by thePresident of the United States under his statutory or constitutional powers.

In many ways, presidential executive orders are similar to written orders, or instructions issued by the president of a corporation to its department heads or directors.

Thirty days after being published in the Federal Register, executive orders take effect. While they do bypass the U.S. Congress and the standard legislative law making process, no part of an executive order may direct the agencies to conduct illegal or unconstitutional activities.

Presidents typically issue executive orders for one of these purposes:

1. Operational management of the executive branch
    2. Operational management of federal agencies or officials
    3. To carry out statutory or constitutional presidential responsibilities

Congress may pass a law that alters an executive order, and they can be declared unconstitutional and vacated by the Supreme Court.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I thought Hitler was appointed Chancellor by President Hindenburg, not elected to that position

Doesn't change the fact that obama is a tyrant who feels bound by no law. Selectively enforcing immigration and gun control(ITAR) to suit his whims puts him on the same level as the average african dictator.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I cannot find a cite for that information. The POTUS does NOT make or interpret law, not within his power IF he follows the Constitution:

Never said he made law, when I wrote "interpret" I meant it in interpret in order to enforce it, not to decide constitutionality.

Anyway, you cited it yourself right here:

They are usually used to direct certain tasks or actions to Cabinet members and other executive officers. Some executive orders even have the “force of law” when permissions are given by the Senate or House of Representatives.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I thought Hitler was appointed Chancellor by President Hindenburg, not elected to that position

Doesn't change the fact that obama is a tyrant who feels bound by no law. Selectively enforcing immigration and gun control(ITAR) to suit his whims puts him on the same level as the average african dictator.
    Its kinda, sorta both. In the 1932 elections, the Nazis won 33 percent of the votes, more than any other party. In January 1933 Hitler was appointed chancellor, the head of the German government. Then in Aug of 1934 he was elected President.

Never said he made law, when I wrote "interpret" I meant it in interpret in order to enforce it, not to decide constitutionality.

Anyway, you cited it yourself right here:
    What I said in the past 2 posts was that he cannot make or interpret law. The EO's can have the force of law when permissions are given by the Senate or House of Representatives or its published in the Federal Register it becomes law after 30 days, which seems contrary to his given powers by the Constitution. It is...

Top Bottom