Lynx Defense

More on "The Liberator", the 3D printed gun. Pluss a video and a poll.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    I found a rather interesting take on the Liberator (and 3D-printed weapons in general) in a thread on another forum I lurk. Granted, the guy is talking about the printers more than the gun, but it's still interesting.

copy-pasta/

The 3D printer will become easier to use with time. Just like computers. 20 years ago, only a few people had the skill to operate a computer that could barely run simple programs, but now a lot of people have powerful computers with simple user interface, and several people also have smart phones, which are pretty much small computers.

I like how everyone focuses on the ability to print guns with this thing. That's just a small factor to the large impact 3D printers would make once they become mainstream. This has the potential to make the industrial revolution look like child's play. The ability to make weapons with it would just provide the means to prevent anyone from trying to take away or restrict the use of the machine itself.

/copy-pasta
    Target Sports

Barry Green

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Looks like .380 to me.
    Yeah, the most recent interview with Cody I read, said that it was a .380. But it's also smooth-bore, and they can't make it rifled, so it's a single-shot, of a mediocre caliber, with pretty much no accuracy...

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Aaaand it's been "exported" to a host site in another country.

Index of /Firearms/Liberator/Liberator

Tough luck, State Dept.

I just checked the DEFCAD website. Top of the page, there's a bright red header from the Fed saying that they've "taken control of this information" and that all of DEFCADs files are being removed from public access. They're doing this under authority of Department Of Defense Trade Controls, apparently.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I just checked the DEFCAD website. Top of the page, there's a bright red header from the Fed saying that they've "taken control of this information" and that all of DEFCADs files are being removed from public access. They're doing this under authority of Department Of Defense Trade Controls, apparently.

Bunch of pricks

sent from my dishwasher

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So now they have control over information and ideas of private citizens.

That's wonderful. Thank god we can't spread out ideas and self gained knowledge.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Their authority means diddly when the files have already been spread to numerous other places on the web, including the link I posted. The files are still up, just not at the original site.

So now they have control over information and ideas of private citizens.

That's wonderful. Thank god we can't spread out ideas and self gained knowledge.

Not new. Check out how they did the same thing with a product that was nothing more than math - encryption for personal computers. A friend who's done a lot for the 2A fight in CA was involved in that one.

Top Bottom