Hurley's Gold

More on "The Liberator", the 3D printed gun. Pluss a video and a poll.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    As I read the law the block alone isn't enough. The need to make it detectable as a gun not just a small metal block.

To lazy to read the law itself, lol.

It's gonna be a long time before the tech to make it would be a worthwhile investment. In sure they will start making changes to clarify the law (ban printed guns) by then.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I remember seeing an article about that time (late 80's) of a double barreled pistol with only a pair of metal firing pins and two springs on the triggers. IIRC the barrels were side by side not over and under.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    In sure they will start making changes to clarify the law (ban printed guns) by then.

And how will that stop them from being made??? Criminals will do what they do, regardless of the law. It is against the law to make a suppressor in your basement (without proper paperwork), but folks do. It's against the law to grow dope, distill alcohol, etc. but folks do. The information on how to do these things is still protected by the first amendment. The tools required to do those things are legitimately used for other non-illegal things and are not controlled. For the most part they cannot watch your every action in your home all the time, the system relies on your ethics, beliefs, honesty, fear of prosecution, peer pressure and other things to keep you in line and not do bad stuff.

This is technology that is emerging that only makes it easier to construct a gun, probably better suited for a place where firearms are not as prevalent and easy to acquire as here in the US. It will be nothing more than a gimmick for years to us. However if you live in China, North Korea, Cuba, many parts of Africa,Far East, South America, etc. you may find a need for such a gun in the event of a revolution or social breakdown. As I posted before, it's a gun to get another gun with like the original Liberators were used for in France during WWII. Shoot a member of the opposition and take his better gun, pass your plastic gun on the the next person to do the same. You can build an arsenal and arm your forces from just one of these.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Not sure why we should even try to make it illegal.
    1) any person thats want to make a gun can
    2) guns and ammo seem to get thru security scans on a regular basis, so until the scan process is fixed why worry about a marginal weapon.
    3) the 3d printer is only a device at makes it easier, not that any thing made with such a printer could not be made with other tools
    4) when compared to all possible threats a printed gun is just not very high on the list
    5) it is not possible to keep bad people from doing bad things by attempting to make a gun harder to get. In act any attempts for such will only prevent good guys from having a way to defend themselves.

Gun control assumes that government is going to be responsible for your safety and will never do bad things. Free people assume responsibility for their own safety as first line of defense.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I never said it should be illegal, I don't believe it should, but I have a feeling they will go after them.

I thought they said it was a .22.

Barry Green

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    That article said .22, yes, but previously it'd been announced as being a .32, and if you look in the pictures, it's clearly something bigger than a .22LR. I'm pretty sure it's a .32ACP.

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    I seriously doubt this would become a problem. Why would criminals spend atleast $1200 on a decent 3d printer, atleast $500 on a computer to run the software, and another minimum $50 for raw plastic to build it with, when they could ask their other criminal friends for a gun that may or may not have been used in other crimes and most likely pay less than half that? You could buy a really nice pistol legally for the cost of the printer alone.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Something like this isnt made for accuracy. Its made to get close and pop someone.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom