• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I doubt that we would be able to unite a million or so patriots. Look at how they handle militia groups now; if the group seems to be getting too "out of control", they get stepped on - hard. This country is so vast - hell this state is pretty darn big- that the citizens would have a hard time getting to where the "altercation" is. The .gov would most likely take us out one or two at a time. Even city by city, while keeping the other cities under "control". I also imagine that the U.N. would be willing to send in a few troops, maybe even a few other countries.

As for changing the country drastically, doesn't that seem to be the current admin's goal?

I agree that taxes, restrictions etc. would be the most likely scenario, but that isn't their only option.

Please be aware that I'm only engaging in fantasy thoughts here, trying to imaging what someone else might do in a way-out-there situation; one where I do not have enough info to make any accurate assessments.

All I have to say is, take a look at Iraq and Afghanistan. A few thousand backwards-ass, cave-dwelling, terrorists have managed to keep the world's most advanced military from achieving a complete and total victory. There is a reason for this. It has to do with ideology and guerrilla warfare. Unfortunately ideology is a tough thing to deal with in a conventional military fashion. The difference here is, our ideology is freedom. Those in power are working towards trying to stomp out our ideology of freedom and substitute it with a quasi-feudal system of indentured servitude through an endless mountain of debt for every man, woman, and child. It would take a whole hell of a lot more than military might to destroy an ideology, let alone one based on positive aspects like individual freedom, civil rights, equality, etc. "They" will only win if we allow their brainwashing through social and entertainment media to shift our ideology to that of complacency and indifference.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It would take a whole hell of a lot more than military might to destroy an ideology, let alone one based on positive aspects like individual freedom, civil rights, equality, etc. "They" will only win if we allow their brainwashing through social and entertainment media to shift our ideology to that of complacency and indifference.

Which is exactly what they've been doing. There's luckily a backlash going on and the other side is getting a bit desperate and maybe impatient. I like to see desperation in my opponents. It means they're going to make mistakes.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    All I have to say is, take a look at Iraq and Afghanistan. A few thousand backwards-ass, cave-dwelling, terrorists have managed to keep the world's most advanced military from achieving a complete and total victory. There is a reason for this. It has to do with ideology and guerrilla warfare. Unfortunately ideology is a tough thing to deal with in a conventional military fashion. The difference here is, our ideology is freedom. Those in power are working towards trying to stomp out our ideology of freedom and substitute it with a quasi-feudal system of indentured servitude through an endless mountain of debt for every man, woman, and child. It would take a whole hell of a lot more than military might to destroy an ideology, let alone one based on positive aspects like individual freedom, civil rights, equality, etc. "They" will only win if we allow their brainwashing through social and entertainment media to shift our ideology to that of complacency and indifference.

The brainwashing techniques in use now are pretty darn effective. Too many current gun owners feel that "reasonable" restrictions on ownership are OK. I won't even get into the attitudes of non-gun owners.

How many would be willing to live off the land, in effective isolation, with no contact with their families? Sure, there are hundreds of thousands (or even more) willing to do so, but in the long run how much of an impact would they have? I really don't see the .gov rolling over & giving up, they stand to loose too much. We'd have to either convert a great majority of the .gov soldiers or get rid of them some other way; and do the same with the at least the federal government, probably even the state level governments. We'd be able to disrupt their plans to a great extent, but would also be giving them an excuse to clamp down on our national freedoms even more than they're doing now.

We'd be vilified by the media and hunted by every .gov supporter from the military to LE to millions of civilians. And we both know how effective a media campaign against a group can be, especially when nearly all communications are controlled by one side.

Getting resupplied would be a problem too. I don't have first hand knowledge of the situation in Iraq and Afghanistan, but aren't the insurgents being resupplied by folks in other countries? How many other countries would/could help resupply us? I'm positive that there would be a lot of folks not actively fighting who would be willing to help, but they'd be under severe pressure trying to do so. I'm just as positive that the .gov wouldn't like people who supported the fighters, and would make their "displeasure" known - does "our boot on their neck" sound familiar?

I just used the word "insurgents" without thinking about it, but a few moments of reflection led me to wonder if they don't consider themselves freedom fighters. They're fighting their freedom, wanting to have their country run as they believe it should be. Another example of how effective the media can be....

With that being said, I'd be on the front lines ASAP. Plan for the worst outcome, fight for the best.

Top Bottom