• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    I don't think any of them are stupid enough to try door to door confiscation and a total gun ban at this point in time. It is logistically impossible in this country. There are 100+ MILLION gun owners in America and over 320 MILLION privately owned firearms. Although most people are pussies these days and would roll over for anyone, the end result would be gun battles in people's yards all over the country, lots of dead citizens, a metric sh*t ton of dead blue helmets or whoever else is stupid enough to try it, and would probably end without either side gaining anything. No, these people are not stupid enough to try that (at least not all of them). It is so much easier to influence some taxes here, regulate some commodities there, create some additional international trade regulations, etc which ultimately leads to less and less ammo availability, sky-rocketing prices, and the supply eventually drying up. Maybe after one or a few decades of easing into this, they can keep whittling away at our 2nd amendment rights in other ways, and one day the ban and confiscation may be a possibility. Remember, incrementalism is easier to go along with and harder to see since it's not so blatant and in your face. This is precisely the reason why we can no longer compromise. We have compromised for over 200yrs, and we have to draw the line somewhere.

Basically your frog in the pot scenerio. :)
    Put him in a pot of hot water, it's gonna jump right out. Put it in a pot of cold and slowly turn up the burners and next thing you know, you've bayou dining.
    ARJ Defense ad

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I don't think any of them are stupid enough to try door to door confiscation and a total gun ban at this point in time. It is logistically impossible in this country. There are 100+ MILLION gun owners in America and over 320 MILLION privately owned firearms. Although most people are pussies these days and would roll over for anyone, the end result would be gun battles in people's yards all over the country, lots of dead citizens, a metric sh*t ton of dead blue helmets or whoever else is stupid enough to try it, and would probably end without either side gaining anything. No, these people are not stupid enough to try that (at least not all of them). It is so much easier to influence some taxes here, regulate some commodities there, create some additional international trade regulations, etc which ultimately leads to less and less ammo availability, sky-rocketing prices, and the supply eventually drying up. Maybe after one or a few decades of easing into this, they can keep whittling away at our 2nd amendment rights in other ways, and one day the ban and confiscation may be a possibility. Remember, incrementalism is easier to go along with and harder to see since it's not so blatant and in your face. This is precisely the reason why we can no longer compromise. We have compromised for over 200yrs, and we have to draw the line somewhere.

This...

The US citizen is the world's largest armed force in the world, by 50 fold.

... and this!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    IF... This scenario ever actually came to pass, I wonder how many actually would fight to the death rather than hand them over?

Live free or die is the principle I try to live by. I am a warrior at heart. I personally think it is the small part of me that is Cherokee. I will fight with everything I have against insurmountable odds because the alternative is not acceptable.

With the social conditioning most people are subject to and suffer from these days, I think it has bred the warrior spirit out of this country enough that I can see a significant number of gun owners laying down their guns and submitting. I could not care less. If there's no one standing behind you, who cares. Who would honestly choose to live under that type of 1984 totalitarian society. I'd rather die on my feet. What we can do is try our best to instill this warrior spirit back into people who have been brainwashed, and hopefully it will make enough of a difference and reach enough people that nothing ever happens or needs to happen. The one unifying factor in ALL of these debates is that we, as a people, have been beaten down mentally and divided mentally to the point that we are weaker as a people. Break them down mentally, then conquer them. We should be working smartly to counteract this brainwashing and revert people back to being of the rebellious and independent persona that sought out and created this country in the first place. Once we are all stronger as a people, mentally, there will be absolutely nothing these shriveled and decrepit trolls in office can ever hope to do against us.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Live free or die is the principle I try to live by. I am a warrior at heart. I personally think it is the small part of me that is Cherokee. I will fight with everything I have against insurmountable odds because the alternative is not acceptable.

With the social conditioning most people are subject to and suffer from these days, I think it has bred the warrior spirit out of this country enough that I can see a significant number of gun owners laying down their guns and submitting. I could not care less. If there's no one standing behind you, who cares. Who would honestly choose to live under that type of 1984 totalitarian society. I'd rather die on my feet. What we can do is try our best to instill this warrior spirit back into people who have been brainwashed, and hopefully it will make enough of a difference and reach enough people that nothing ever happens or needs to happen. The one unifying factor in ALL of these debates is that we, as a people, have been beaten down mentally and divided mentally to the point that we are weaker as a people. Break them down mentally, then conquer them. We should be working smartly to counteract this brainwashing and revert people back to being of the rebellious and independent persona that sought out and created this country in the first place. Once we are all stronger as a people, mentally, there will be absolutely nothing these shriveled and decrepit trolls in office can ever hope to do against us.

Great post. That's how I feel. People must wake up. I know people who say, "Well, it's the government. What can we do about it? It's the law. We have to do what they say." NO! That's not right! :banghead:

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Remember NATO and US forces use 5.56 and 7.62 also. Ammo would be easily available regardless of what you can buy at the store.

I read all these posts about all these fancy calibers and I just kinda chuckle to myself. If you put together that really nice M4 to use as a MBR in case TSHTF, and you made it anything but 5.56 or 7.62, at some point you are gonna have a really nice club to hit people with. Sure, my 5.56 round may not be as pretty or as accurate or as sexy, but it makes anything I tell it to DEAD, NOW. And THAT is the point in a MBR.

+1

They aren't anti-gun, they love having guns.....they are anti- you and I having guns.

^this^

The quote "those that turn their guns in to plows will plow for those who don't" comes to mind...

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Great thread....but did anybody bother to follow that link posted earlier? Basically, lots of words but net net is that no big bad Obama aint going to sign away your right to keep and arm bears. The supreme court has already answered this.

That however is not reason to kick back and relax and let uncle O take care of things for you. We still need to roll back just about everything in regard to firearms legislation that has been passed sense...about forever. Every house should have at least 1 browning 50 cal. For those of you one border I'de recommend 2 along with some mortars. But that's just me.

Anyway - We havent completely fallen to the New World Order. We have maybe 5 years to reverse course.

[BoT] Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Bastrop, Texas
    No, I am just observant, and although I like Beck, O'Reilley seems to be the sensible, accurate, newsman for me. Rush gives them hell like they deserve but he
    is a bit wild for my listening, He is right on but I hardly ever tune him in. And I would be a ---- liar if I said that the beautiful ladies on FOX didn't bring warmth to my heart and mind ! So on with the world....
    I can't stand O'Reilly. Besides being a raving anti, more so that Obama apparently. There are other reasons too, that I can't recall. I haven't liked him for a long time. When Helen Thomas was forced to resign for stating her opinion, O'Reilly and friends insulted her and rejoiced and what have you. Which I lost what little respect for them I had left for that. Not because I ever agreed with her, I didn't really know much about her other than she's an intolerable liberal. But rather because they owed it to her to take her side in the matter. After all, it wasn't but a few months earlier that she and she alone defended Fox News when they were uninvited from the White House press conferences because their opinions did not fit the agenda of the Obama administration. She didn't just go "oh it's wrong they did that", she went tooth and nail with the press secretary about it.

Huntinggal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    dallas
    Great thread....but did anybody bother to follow that link posted earlier? Basically, lots of words but net net is that no big bad Obama aint going to sign away your right to keep and arm bears. The supreme court has already answered this.

That however is not reason to kick back and relax and let uncle O take care of things for you. We still need to roll back just about everything in regard to firearms legislation that has been passed sense...about forever. Every house should have at least 1 browning 50 cal. For those of you one border I'de recommend 2 along with some mortars. But that's just me.

Anyway - We havent completely fallen to the New World Order. We have maybe 5 years to reverse course.

I did actually go through and read your link because I was thinking "this again?" about the OP. You are right just because there are no current visible threats on the horizon doesn't mean that we should not be vigilant and constantly preparing for what may come down the road.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    The article at FactCheck was written almost a year ago. Lots of things can change in that amount of time....

Even though there are a lot of guns in the U.S. a door to door could stand a chance. Over-whelming force and all that. Park an APC or even a tank in your front yard and a handgun or rifle is going to look pretty insufficient.

Even so, I figure to be a casualty; after expending as many rounds as possible. Unless one or more states decide they just aren't going to put up with the crap anymore and start their own Union. In that case, I'll be moving (if necessary).

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The article at FactCheck was written almost a year ago. Lots of things can change in that amount of time....

Even though there are a lot of guns in the U.S. a door to door could stand a chance. Over-whelming force and all that. Park an APC or even a tank in your front yard and a handgun or rifle is going to look pretty insufficient.

Even so, I figure to be a casualty; after expending as many rounds as possible. Unless one or more states decide they just aren't going to put up with the crap anymore and start their own Union. In that case, I'll be moving (if necessary).

Look at the numbers man. There are what, only as many as ~4 million US soldiers (and that includes EVERYONE) and ~850-900k LE.........versus some 80-100 MILLION armed American citizens, and quite a few of those Mil/LE want NOTHING to do with such immoral and unconstitutional actions. Yes, technology can bridge that gap somewhat, but at what cost? The fact remains, should we actually reach the point (highly unlikely but anything is possible) of door to door confiscation, gun battles in the streets, Mil/LE/Citizens slaughtering each other wholesale, tanks in the streets................................................they will have already lost as their actions will have permanently destroyed this country forever. What they want to do is maintain society and take us out through a more subtle and "peaceful" approach. They'll bleed us dry through taxes and regulation until there is nothing left, no one left to fight against them, and nothing left to fight them with. At least that's how "they" want it. The second they start flying AC130's or armed UAV's over American soil to deal with "Libertarian Insurgents", and start running tanks through the streets, they will have lost and destroyed the country in the process. Hopefully they are not that stupid, because if they are, we will be part of a civilian revolt the likes of which this world has never before seen. Can you imagine even a fraction of our citizens standing up and fighting against such tyranny? Imagine an entire 1 MILLION armed people standing up and fighting together. Imagine 10 million, maybe 20 or 40 million, many of which are Mil/LE and against it also. Now imagine all of those armed people marching on DC and physically removing the usurpers from office. Whoever the "they" is (LOL!), they'll be royally fornicated, that's for sure.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Look at the numbers man. There are what, only as many as ~4 million US soldiers (and that includes EVERYONE) and ~850-900k LE.........versus some 80-100 MILLION armed American citizens, and quite a few of those Mil/LE want NOTHING to do with such immoral and unconstitutional actions. Yes, technology can bridge that gap somewhat, but at what cost? The fact remains, should we actually reach the point (highly unlikely but anything is possible) of door to door confiscation, gun battles in the streets, Mil/LE/Citizens slaughtering each other wholesale, tanks in the streets................................................they will have already lost as their actions will have permanently destroyed this country forever. What they want to do is maintain society and take us out through a more subtle and "peaceful" approach. They'll bleed us dry through taxes and regulation until there is nothing left, no one left to fight against them, and nothing left to fight them with. At least that's how "they" want it. The second they start flying AC130's or armed UAV's over American soil to deal with "Libertarian Insurgents", and start running tanks through the streets, they will have lost and destroyed the country in the process. Hopefully they are not that stupid, because if they are, we will be part of a civilian revolt the likes of which this world has never before seen. Can you imagine even a fraction of our citizens standing up and fighting against such tyranny? Imagine an entire 1 MILLION armed people standing up and fighting together. Imagine 10 million, maybe 20 or 40 million, many of which are Mil/LE and against it also. Now imagine all of those armed people marching on DC and physically removing the usurpers from office. Whoever the "they" is (LOL!), they'll be royally fornicated, that's for sure.

Dont forget me, im in that 80-100 million! Im mean too!

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    I doubt that we would be able to unite a million or so patriots. Look at how they handle militia groups now; if the group seems to be getting too "out of control", they get stepped on - hard. This country is so vast - hell this state is pretty darn big- that the citizens would have a hard time getting to where the "altercation" is. The .gov would most likely take us out one or two at a time. Even city by city, while keeping the other cities under "control". I also imagine that the U.N. would be willing to send in a few troops, maybe even a few other countries.

As for changing the country drastically, doesn't that seem to be the current admin's goal?

I agree that taxes, restrictions etc. would be the most likely scenario, but that isn't their only option.

Please be aware that I'm only engaging in fantasy thoughts here, trying to imaging what someone else might do in a way-out-there situation; one where I do not have enough info to make any accurate assessments.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I doubt that we would be able to unite a million or so patriots. Look at how they handle militia groups now; if the group seems to be getting too "out of control", they get stepped on - hard. This country is so vast - hell this state is pretty darn big- that the citizens would have a hard time getting to where the "altercation" is. The .gov would most likely take us out one or two at a time. Even city by city, while keeping the other cities under "control". I also imagine that the U.N. would be willing to send in a few troops, maybe even a few other countries.

As for changing the country drastically, doesn't that seem to be the current admin's goal?

I agree that taxes, restrictions etc. would be the most likely scenario, but that isn't their only option.
    ^^^^this

Top Bottom