• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    I know I am going to get grief for this, but this brisket is delicious.
    3DAA3765-4065-4A54-9FEE-E44176FE4DD0.jpeg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    20 bucks a lbs. It better make you shit sweet smelling rainbows with pots of gold at the end.

That used to be Franklin money, now it seems to be middle of the market for bbq joint brisket.

Pretty sure HEB is a step above Bill Miller.

@CaliGunner, you have an assignment. You cannot eat bbq until you head down to Terry Black’s at 1003 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78704.

Order a 1/4 or a 1/2 brisket, half a hot link and whatever sides you want. Then tell us how it compares to HEB.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    My snobbery is well earned.
    I hail from the Cross Timbers/ Big Country region of Texas.
    We are fortunate enough to have the hardwood of our own choosing for smoking meats.
    Hickory being the exception.
    Oak is too mild.
    Pecan is similar, but a tad smokier.
    Honey heart mesquite is what God intended for beef when He created this earth.

Fruit trees should left to bearing fruit.

These are my findings and opinions based on life-long experiences.

Last edited:

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    That used to be Franklin money, now it seems to be middle of the market for bbq joint brisket.

Pretty sure HEB is a step above Bill Miller.

@CaliGunner, you have an assignment. You cannot eat bbq until you head down to Terry Black’s at 1003 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78704.

Order a 1/4 or a 1/2 brisket, half a hot link and whatever sides you want. Then tell us how it compares to HEB.

I think me and some guys are doing a business lunch at Terry Black's Friday.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    The company I work for Bar-B-Que's whole briskets for HEB and several other large chains. We BBQ in large rotissarie style pits that hold 250 whole briskets cooker over Mesquite. They are delicious and extremely tender, so much so that I have not cooked a brisket for the 9 years I have worked for this company. We have 4 of these large pits in our plant and they run at least three days a week. They are not the product pictured above.....unfortunately I do not have a picture of the ones that we do for HEB available when writing this.

Last edited:

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    The company I work for Bar-B-Que's whole briskets for HEB and several other large chains. We BBQ in large rotissarie style pits that hold 250 whole briskets cooker over Mesquite. They are delicious and extremely tender, so much so that I have not cooked a brisket for the 9 years I have worked for this company. We have 4 of these large pits in our plant and they run at least three days a week. They are not the product pictured above.....unfortunately I do not have a picture of the ones that we do for HEB available when writing this.
    J-Bar-B?

Top Bottom