Venture Surplus ad

My boss says even with the new law for the parking lot right to have a firearm in my

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Re: My boss says even with the new law for the parking lot right to have a firearm in

No law will change your Xickhead boss into a nice guy. Argue with a control freak in Texas and you'll lose the battle.

I just kept my mouth shut and did what I needed to do. I worked nights and had to drive through Houston at 2-3am. I was subject to discharge if I got caught by the company but chose to do it anyway. It was my choice and I'd make the same decision again. I didn't violate the law....only company rules.

Flash
    Target Sports

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    DFW / Amarillo
    Re: My boss says even with the new law for the parking lot right to have a firearm in

I am hosed. I work on a federal installiation and firearms are a no-go. Title 18 of the U.S.C. Part 1, Chapter 44 § 930 is pretty ambigious, to say the least. It makes the law a dark shade of gray when it comes to parking lots adjacent to federal facilities. 10 CFR goes even further (which is government overreaching) in not allowing firearms on a facility. It is one of those judged by 12 or carried by 6 things.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin

From NRA-ILA

"Please contact NRA-ILA's Grassroots Division at 1-800-392-8683 about alleged violations of this act. We have already received information about companies who are misinterpreting the law or planning on ignoring it altogether. NRA-ILA will monitor and investigate those situations to ensure that your rights under the new law are protected!"

NRA-ILA :: Texas Employee/Parking Lot Protection Bill Takes Effect September 1!

Another option, but if they will know it is you, I would avoid this option.

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm

I work night so I'm curious, not that I think anything will come of it, does Perry sign these things at midnight or when?
    I mean, if it takes effect Sept 1 and its not law until he signs it in to law then wouldn't that seem to make sense?
    Sorry, I've never been very politically minded until I got in to guns, and I'm still not too big in to it, but I am learning so forgive my ignorance.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

I work night so I'm curious, not that I think anything will come of it, does Perry sign these things at midnight or when?
    I mean, if it takes effect Sept 1 and its not law until he signs it in to law then wouldn't that seem to make sense?
    Sorry, I've never been very politically minded until I got in to guns, and I'm still not too big in to it, but I am learning so forgive my ignorance.

Usually the bills specify when they take affect, and the Gov has no say. Sep1 is common for most new laws.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano

The Rules of Fight Club.
    1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.
    2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB.

Substitute "Firearms in the Vehicle" for FIGHT CLUB and it still works.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

Perry signed it on Jun 17. Goes into effect tomorrow. As Renegade said, the bill specifies when it goes into effect.

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm

Perry signed it on Jun 17. Goes into effect tomorrow. As Renegade said, the bill specifies when it goes into effect.

OK, so midnight then.
    I was aware that it goes in to effect Sept 1, I just wasn't aware he had already signed it. I was under the impression he still had to sign it before it could become law.
    Good info

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

From NRA-ILA

"Please contact NRA-ILA's Grassroots Division at 1-800-392-8683 about alleged violations of this act. We have already received information about companies who are misinterpreting the law or planning on ignoring it altogether. NRA-ILA will monitor and investigate those situations to ensure that your rights under the new law are protected!"

NRA-ILA :: Texas Employee/Parking Lot Protection Bill Takes Effect September 1!

Another option, but if they will know it is you, I would avoid this option.

No way, NRA lawsuits are fun! :D

Really. They pretty much won't bring a suit they aren't positive they can't win, so their suits are pretty much pure ownage.

mace

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Houson

Yup. Part of the legal system is that bills generally can't go into effect immediately because everyone needs time to see and understand what laws were passed and make plans to comply with them before they can be punished for it. It's the legal principle that before you perform any specific act, you should be able to look at the law and determine whether that act is legal or not. Bills in Texas normally go into effect 90 days after they are signed (or have a veto overridden).

Top Bottom