• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmperez

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    Austin Tx
    Do it every day for 10 years. Mass transit sucks!

I have a love hate relationship with mass transit. The nice part about NYC is that in the AM you can jump on a train (yes a very crowded on) and space out for 30-45 minutes. Its also nice that you can go get a few drinks and not worry about driving home. While mass transportation may not be as comfortable as riding in a car its a lot more efficient. I also hate the NYC subway, but its hard to argue that is makes it easier to move around, I think Austin would benefit from this, just not sure how it can be paid for, I dont want my taxes to go up,
    Lynx Defense

Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Converse(San Antonio)
    I don't think it is bad, I think the format irrelevant. There are radio shows that I quite enjoy. I just don't listen to them over the air. No one I know does. That is all I was getting at. I'm waiting on the Guns Over Texas guys to get on the podcast bandwagon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don't think it is bad, I think the format irrelevant. There are radio shows that I quite enjoy. I just don't listen to them over the air. No one I know does. That is all I was getting at. I'm waiting on the Guns Over Texas guys to get on the podcast bandwagon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I listen to podcasts a lot. Mostly comedy shows on earwolf. Some of the morning show radio guys are trying podcasts. Most dont get it it seems.

tmperez

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    Austin Tx
    I listen to podcasts a lot. Mostly comedy shows on earwolf. Some of the morning show radio guys are trying podcasts. Most dont get it it seems.

Podcasts are great...I find them to be similar to a Scotch, its an acquired taste but once you get into it, its non stop. This American Life, Radiolabs, 99% invisible, so good!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Austin is a nice place and it's only about a 30 minute drive in any direction back to Texas from there

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If you want rough Houston's wards will help remind you of what rough is.
    I know it's not a ward but I spent the better part of a decade knocking on doors in Acres Homes. From time to time, my former employer had me walking down alleyways in Brooklyn (before the gentrification) and Detroit, occasionally in the middle of the night. I lived in the Gulfton Ghetto when it actually was a ghetto; listening to your next-door neighbor get knifed to death, five feet away on the other side of the sheetrock, is the sort of thing that alters your perspective on the desirability of a neighborhood.

While I tend to have a higher tolerance for "rough" than most folks, I think comfort levels are extremely personalized to the individual, a result of their experience. If someone thinks Austin is particularly bad, that is valid for them. I probably wouldn't agree but to each his own.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom