• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Don't shoot, but maybe it's some other title and maybe you can get past that and give him a break. I do know he's talked on the phone to a lot of officials in other states. People who among other things, deal with firearms laws and such. If I think back, I can remember a couple of times I've talked with people on the phone and when I try to remember their title, I can't so I call him "city council guy" or something. Same difference! Not a big deal to me. I understood the point.

Point being, how can it be that another state can charge only $40 for the chl with no class required and Texas accepts it, (A resident Texan can even get one if you travel there to get it), while we pay what we pay and have to pay for the class and sit for 10 hours through a class that is a joke? Sorry about the long sentence. Probably could have found a better way to say it.
    I'd be much cheaper for the state if they just stopped regulating when where and how we bare arms and stuck to their intended purposes. Even if they could break even granting tracking and managing CHLs to the people for $1.00 it's still $100.00 ish for the class and 10 hours of someones time and that's more costly than just putting dinner on the table it's a large part of someones livelihood.
    Guns International

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I'd be much cheaper for the state if they just stopped regulating when where and how we bare arms and stuck to their intended purposes. Even if they could break even granting tracking and managing CHLs to the people for $1.00 it's still $100.00 ish for the class and 10 hours of someones time and that's more costly than just putting dinner on the table it's a large part of someones livelihood.

Yes it is. A day off work is even more money lost, asking permission to exercise a right. Also, don't they have to charge a tax on the class? So not only are you paying their poll tax by another name, you're paying our overlords taxes on top of that! Gotcha coming and going!

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Yes it is. A day off work is even more money lost, asking permission to exercise a right. Also, don't they have to charge a tax on the class? So not only are you paying their poll tax by another name, you're paying our overlords taxes on top of that! Gotcha coming and going!

So, let's not debate or get side tracked on the states $140 fees or any other detail of the laws. Let's focus on reclaiming the rights we loaned to the state to regulate how, when, where and why we carry and become self governing.

I agree with most things TXI does and states on this forum and others. But on these types of threads TXI and a few others can send everyone else scrambling to debate the insignificant.

Keep the message clear and concise, we are trying to relieve the burden, that was once given to the state, to regulate how, when, where and why honest citizens choose to keep and bare arms. We believe it's our right to do so.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I think all the confusion comes form the multiple layers of government (Federation) and the usurpation of powers by the Federal government.

When they passed the 2nd amendment the 14th didn't exist. The intent was that the Federal government, seen similar to the EU at the time, couldn't tell the states how to regulate weapons. The states would perform that themselves. Similar to everyone being up in ARMS about the UN small arms discussions (i.e. UN has no authority to regulate us).

Then when the 14th amendment passed it caused confusion and the Federal gov. began "usurping" the states' authority. It's really technically up to the states, and our texas state constitution allows carrying with certain provisions:

Article 1. Sec.23: "Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power by law to regulate the wearing of arms with a view to prevent crime."

Some of our state laws got really screwed up because of Reconstruction efforts post-civil war, and later because of laws enacted that were only intended to only apply to non-whites (with a wink and a nod).

We need focus on (1) fixing our state laws and (2) electing leaders at the Federal level who will significantly reign in the ATF and let the states have jurisdiction as originally designed.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    And yes, I know the 2nd amendment applies to the states now aw well. But when the Supreme court decided Heller, the 'reasonable' word really shows they intend on the states deciding. The Conservative justices in place put more importance on the 10th amendment than in the past. If you want practical change we need to fix state law.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Don't shoot, but maybe it's some other title and maybe you can get past that and give him a break. I do know he's talked on the phone to a lot of officials in other states. People who among other things, deal with firearms laws and such. If I think back, I can remember a couple of times I've talked with people on the phone and when I try to remember their title, I can't so I call him "city council guy" or something. Same difference! Not a big deal to me. I understood the point.
    So why tell folks to google someone ....then (when caught in the lie) tell them they cant be googled....then say "I'm not gonna say who I talked to"...
    Gimme a break.
    It was BS from the start.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    So why tell folks to google someone ....then (when caught in the lie) tell them they cant be googled....then say "I'm not gonna say who I talked to"...
    Gimme a break.
    It was BS from the start.

Why don't you offer some contribution to an argument or debate? Surely "Tools of the State" can argue a point, although if past performance is an indicator of future performance, support/sourcing for your conjecture will be horribly missing, although name calling will be rampant. :)

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Why don't you offer some contribution to an argument or debate? Surely "Tools of the State" can argue a point, although if past performance is an indicator of future performance, support/sourcing for your conjecture will be horribly missing, although name calling will be rampant. :)

not sure of your point as most of our interactions have ended with your arguments being shreaded by facts. re-read the thread...my posts were crystal clear. not sure what name calling you are reffering to.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I visited with a couple of county Sheriffs, and also visited with state firearms Directors. People claiming the State isnt making money off your rights are nothing but complete idiots!

I have more info if you need it.
    This is the statement I am asking about...who are these directors? And it appears you are the one doing the namecalling.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio

You are namecalling while accusing me of doing so? How ironic.....

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    maybe....not sure why one would want to keep that a secret if that is who he talked to? perhaps I am the only one who thought the whole line of posts with the "I cant tell you who they are" smelled fishy?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    maybe....not sure why one would want to keep that a secret if that is who he talked to? perhaps I am the only one who thought the whole line of posts with the "I cant tell you who they are" smelled fishy?

Well he is a member of the LSCDL and those guys don't like to include the public in their secret activities

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    You are namecalling while accusing me of doing so? How ironic.....

Nothing is ironic when true. I am a former Marine, an MBA, Expert Marksman, and just a damn good Texan. Look - I just called myself names which means, if the "shoe fits" wear it. My point is add to an argument/debate, rather than simply choose to denigrate.

:)

Top Bottom