• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Again, where does the 2A argue method of bearing arms? Where does the 2A argue the right to choose how we "bear" arms? You are beginning to behave like a few others on this site, in that you "run" from answering the question(s) posed.

I've answered your question several times. I don't know how to make it more clear. The 2a doesn't argue anything, it establishes a right to keep and bear arms and states that the right shall not be infringed. Not even a teeny bit. That is what makes it an absolute.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Right at the end. It's that not infringing part.

Again, this is really too easy. I was hoping for much better.

How is my right to bear arms being infringed when I can CC? Again, where I can CC is infringement. Where does it say in the 2A that denying OC is an infringement on my right to bear arms? Again, am I not bearing arms when I CC? Platitude by simply writing the word "infringement" over and over again does not support your argument, no matter how often you state it. :)

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Again, this is really too easy. I was hoping for much better.

How is my right to bear arms being infringed when I can CC? Again, where I can CC is infringement. Where does it say in the 2A that denying OC is an infringement on my right to bear arms? Again, am I not bearing arms when I CC? Platitude by simply writing the word "infringement" over and over again does not support your argument, no matter how often you state it. :)

What if State law allowed you to carry a handgun openly, but not concealed. Do you think that would be an infringement?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    “The highest patriotism is not a blind acceptance of official policy, but a love of one's country deep enough to call her to a higher plain” George McGovern

How can you not love your country enough to call her standards of rights and freedoms to a higher plain and still call yourself a patriot?

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    “The highest patriotism is not a blind acceptance of official policy, but a love of one's country deep enough to call her to a higher plain” George McGovern

How can you not love your country enough to call her standards of rights and freedoms to a higher plain and still call yourself a patriot?

Was your message addressed to me? I hope not for a variety of reasons, but for Pete's sake, your credibility just went to zero by quoting George McGovern - a freaking statist!!!

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    No - based on the same premise - that the 2A does not specify/address the method of bearing arms.

Well at least you are consistent.

Lets take it to an extreme. You say the methods we use to bear arms can be restricted without infringing our "right to bear arms". What if the State decides the only legal method to carry your handgun is in front of you in a tactical wheelbarrow? Would you see that as an infringement on our right to bear arms?

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Well at least you are consistent.

Lets take it to an extreme. You say the methods we use to bear arms can be restricted without infringing our "right to bear arms". What if the State decides the only legal method to carry your handgun is in front of you in a tactical wheelbarrow? Would you see that as an infringement on our right to bear arms?

That was stupid but I eventually expected it. The word is "reasonable". Let's look at the words "bear arms". I think a handgun in a tactical wheelbarrow would not meet the definition of "bear arms". This quote exemplifies that stupidity is the last resort when one has been "checkmated". I am really disappointed in you but you are not the first, and nor will you be the last. :)

However, on second thought, the wheelbarrow may meet the "keep" concept. :)

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    No - based on the same premise - that the 2A does not specify/address the method of bearing arms.
    We have the freedom of how we carry a gun in our homes.... where do we get that freedom\right from? It's not the government who gives us permission to do so it's our freedoms and rights given to us in the constitution of life liberty and justice including those specifically enumerated in the bill of rights under the 2nd amendment.

Take that a step further. In several states they have the right to open carry. Where did they get that freedom\right from? it's their freedoms and rights given to them in the constitution of life liberty and justice including those specifically enumerated in the bill of rights under the 2nd amendment.

Why don't we have those same rights? It's because we've given them to the Texas state government to control. As citizens we can take those rights back though voting and pressuring our representatives to represent our ideas. The federal government can't then step in and say, no way, no open carry... Why? it's our freedom and right given to us in the constitution of life liberty and justice including those specifically enumerated in the bill of rights under the 2nd amendment that includes the right to open carry. We've not given them (the federal government) permission to take that right away.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    That was stupid but I eventually expected it. The word is "reasonable". Let's look at the words "bear arms". I think a handgun in a tactical wheelbarrow would not meet the definition of "bear arms". This quote exemplifies that stupidity is the last resort when one has been "checkmated". I am really disappointed in you but you are not the first, and nor will you be the last. :)

However, on second thought, the wheelbarrow may meet the "keep" concept. :)

I'm trying to show you that infringements on "method" and infringements on "bearing arms" are the same thing.

And, carry in a wheelbarrow certainly would be "bearing arms". The gun would be on or about your person.

Top Bottom