My M&P - range report and pics

Reacher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nov 14, 2008
Irving, TX
I bought an M&P 40 a couple weeks back and thought I'd post about it.

I chose the M&P because I liked the feel of it better than a Glock or XD/XDm. I think they are all fine guns, but this one felt best to me. After experimenting, I have discovered that even though I have medium sized hands, I like the large backstrap the best. I like the easy takedown on this gun and cleaning has been a breeze.

The trigger on mine is pretty smooth but very heavy. I estimate it around 8-10lbs. I will see about getting a little trigger work done to it, but I am happy to report none of the 'gritty' feeling that others have had. The sights are low profile and were right on out of the box. I got the one with the external safety. I just like knowing I have that extra precaution. (when I drill, I practice thumbing the safety down every time I draw) The recoil isn't bad and muzzle flip is very manageable. The only brawback I have is readjusting my grip from my STI.

I've put 250rds through it so far with no FTF/FTE. I am very happy.

Here are some pics.

All these were shot at 7yds
img0046t.jpg

Here is 20rds at 3yds
img0012vfc.jpg

My well used knife.
img0048j.jpg

49606569.jpg

Big country

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
FROM 7 YARDS a blind man cloud hit that! I'm just kidding great shooting man now move back to 10 and see how she does glad that you posted a report a friend has been asking about an M&P, now I have some thing to tell him.

Reacher

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nov 14, 2008
Irving, TX
The range I went to (Marksman off Galveston Rd in South Houston) had lines painted on the range. I didn't know how far they were, but after I shot I went and found out. I'd prefer lines at 5, 10, 15 and 25yrds. This range only had them at 3 & 7 with 18yds being the max distance.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Cool! Looks like your groupings are pretty decent. M&P's are great guns too. Fist sized groupings as fast as you can shoot them is usually ideal.

As far as the trigger goes, you might check this guy out as I hear he does excellent work for the M&P's:

Smith and Wesson M & P

DirtyD

Well-Known
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 20, 2008
Spring
3, 7 and 18 are the distances for the CHL, I have been contemplating an M&P, but my XD has too strong of a hold right now.....

kmbrman

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 23, 2009
WACO
Reacher The M&P full size 9mm I own will consistently group 2" from a horizontal rest for your forearms at 50 ' .I haven't owned a 9mm of any other make that will do this from my hands . One of the pistols was a Sig. 226 in 9mm. I think the 40 S&W should do as well since the M&P was first developed for 40S&W.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud
Shroud

Forum statistics