• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Just finished a Colt 16" run of the mill AR15. I was thinking an 4x32 Acog with green chevron reticle. And then I stumbled upon a Trijicon AccuPoint 1-4x24 TR24G Green Triangle Reticle. I like them both but have never owned either. Any opinions/experience would be appreciated. Iam also wondering if both are night Vision compatible?
    Texas SOT

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I sold my ta31f. It's an amazing optic but its meant for combat. Range use not so much. It got to the point where I mostly shot silhouette targets at the range. But it's amazing and clear. I shot a few hogs in the dead of night using just star and moonlight. I'd own another and kinda wish I still had it.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    That Leupold VX 6 with firedot is nice with this reticle. I wonder if it is Night Vision compatible?

$(KGrHqF,!nsFJvBiBVv5BSc(!VWDvg~~60_12.jpg

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    They do not market it as NV compatible. I use mine with a clip-on and don't feel I'm missing anything with the FireDot off. Just add an IR light and you'll be golden.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    OUCH!! I can get the 1-4x24 for 599$ right now. LOL is 1-6x24 really that much higher in power realistically on an AR15? I mean you wouldn't buy this optic for plinking out to 300-400 yds I wouldn't imagine. But then Iam not an optics guy... Iam primarily looking for an optic for out to 100-200 yds or so...

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    OUCH!! I can get the 1-4x24 for 599$ right now. LOL is 1-6x24 really that much higher in power realistically on an AR15? I mean you wouldn't buy this optic for plinking out to 300-400 yds I wouldn't imagine. But then Iam not an optics guy... Iam primarily looking for an optic for out to 100-200 yds or so...
    The 1-4x Leupold Firedot is a great optic. I have one and love it. Plenty enough for 200 yards.

The 1-4x with the Hog Plex (non Firedot) is very affordable. The reticle probably isn't the best for any precision though. Academy carries them if you want to take a look at one.

The Vortex options are nice but run about the same money. They are more affordable that Leupold as the power increases.

Both have unlimited lifetime warranties too.

TacticalPandaBear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2015
    I really like my Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x scope. It's very clear and the 1x feels like I'm using a red dot. Two downsides though (IMO), it is really, really, really, heavy and the red dot's battery life is not that great.

IMG_6259.jpg

chbpmgr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Illuminated 1-6 optics are pretty popular at present for their versatility. I see the Vortex Razor & Leupold VX scopes a lot at 3-gun matches. Vortex has their Strike Eagle coming on the mkt with a $350 price point if the $1300 Razor doesn't work for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AKmik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    I want a Leupold VX-R Patrol......buuuutt... have to hold of for a bit.

Went cheap for now. Bushnell 1-4x
    IMG_4695.jpg

Top Bottom