• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GGarcia187

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Here's mine. Sorry for the crappy phone pic. It was the best I can do for now.

IMAGE_069.gif
    Texas SOT

gunmaster4357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    Very nice, never shot a desert eagle i will buy one someday, My range doesnt actually allow the .50 AE guns to be shot there sucks.

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    I failed to stop long enough this weekend to take pics of my wife's Baby Eagle (Sub-Compact as I found out), so I'll see if I can get some up this week.

I think that I am going to try to get one of these for my next handgun. I "borrowed" these pics from JustOneMore on Arfcom. The new Baby Eagle with rail.

NewEagle1.gif

NewEagle2.gif

NewEagle3.gif

NewEagle4.gif

He said in his post that he just found it in the case at his local gunshop (in VA).

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    that looks really sweet. I am looking forward to seeing the pics of the sub-comp BEagle. I am guessing it is the polymer frame?
    Steel. It's actually an Uzi Eagle, but that's the same as the Baby Eagle/Jericho. Magnum Research doesn't list it at all, but it won't take full length mags (without them protruding from the bottom of the grip), and it won't take the compact mags at all. A guy that I work with (who is decently knowledgable in regards to firearms) told me it was a sub-compact. I was of the impression that they didn't come in sub-compact with steel frames. It also has a DAO action and the there are no ridges on the hammer. My wife doesn't like that LOOOOONG pull, but I don't mind it at all.

Once I get pics of it up, y'all can decide for yourselves what it is.

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    Well, after a little more research (from reputable sources) it turns out that my wife does indeed have the compact model, not the sub-compact. And it does indeed have the compact mags. So, my bad for posting bogus info. I stand corrected.

Here are a few pics I snapped over the weekend (with flag for custom backdrop).

Eagles6.jpg

Eagles5.jpg

And for some size reference:
    Eagles2.jpg

Eagles7.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    the uzi eagle looks as though it has the fram mounted safty as opposed to the rail mounted one. is it a decocker too?

My wife sais that if i can find someone in our area that has a Deasert Eagle .50 that she would like to shoot it. and the search begins!

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    the uzi eagle looks as though it has the fram mounted safty as opposed to the rail mounted one. is it a decocker too?

My wife sais that if i can find someone in our area that has a Deasert Eagle .50 that she would like to shoot it. and the search begins!

Actually, this model doesn't even have a safety (other than keeping the finger off the trigger). It is a DAO model, so it doesn't cock other than in the cycle of the double action only trigger pull. There isn't even any texturing on the hammer.

If you were closer, I would be glad to take y'all out the range and let you light off a fews mags of .50 AE through mine.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    Actually, this model doesn't even have a safety (other than keeping the finger off the trigger). It is a DAO model, so it doesn't cock other than in the cycle of the double action only trigger pull. There isn't even any texturing on the hammer.

If you were closer, I would be glad to take y'all out the range and let you light off a fews mags of .50 AE through mine.

Very cool!!! i like the DAO option. i thoght that the hammer sure looked smooth. I was wondering if that posed any issue with cocking it. so i guess that is just the takedown lever, ay? that is one slick looking gun!

If we ever make it toward amarillo i just might give you a holler. I just reciied the new Magnum Research catalog and i had a question about the Mark XIX platform. I see that you can get the .50 AE, the .44 Mag and .357 Mag. Is that like the .357 Mag i would put into a revolver? Is there a different. 357 load i don't know about? I think that would be an awesome gun.

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    The DE's fire rimmed (revolver) rounds in .357 and .44. With the .50, you just have to swap out mags and the barrel to fire .44, they use the same bolt. But to shoot .357, it requires changing out the bolt, mags, and barrel if you are purchased a .50 or .44 platform. Transitioning between .44 and .50 takes seconds to do.

The lever on the left side is the slide release. They take down similiar to a 1911. (Move the slide back to a certain position, then pop the slide release out and the slide assembly and barrel come off).

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    thumper, I enjoyed reading your long post. I also have a DE in .50AE, but I much prefer shooting my L.A.R. Grizzly in that caliber.
    http://inlinethumb60.webshots.com/31355/1018205067028364109S600x600Q85.jpg
    1018205067028364109S600x600Q85.jpg

I have a reputation for writing long treatises on things, but my postings on gun boards are usually mercifully short. (As I'm new here, you wouldn't know that yet.)

flashguy

Oooh, you have an LAR Grizzly?! How do you like it? Those seem like pretty cool guns. I like obscure things, so I'm always interested in finding out more about guns like that. ;)

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    I don't have one Grizzly--I have several of them (and 3 that were stolen a few years ago and not yet recovered). I have them in .357/.45 GWM, .44 Mag, .45 Win Mag, and .50 AE. I like them a lot, and better than the DE guns. My .45 Win Mag is a real sweetie to shoot and flames almost as well as the .50 AE. (If you looked at my photos you would have noticed that.)

I probably should explain my username--it has nothing to do with nudity or raincoats. I am a muzzle flash aficionado: I like guns that throw a big flash and load my reloads to achieve maximum effect; I collect pictures of muzzle flashes; and I rate movies based on the number of muzzle flashes in them (I have over 2500 movies rated that way). You may think I'm odd, and you'd be right. It is a harmless hobby, however, and, I believe, unique.

flashguy

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    I would recommend the original caliber, .45 Win Mag (Mark I model). The .357/.45 GWM is basically a slightly longer .45 case necked down to .357--it's an interesting idea, but the bottleneck case is harder to reload and it doesn't last through as many cycles as the basic caliber. The .44 Mag version (Mark IV) uses a tricky magazine (similar to the one used in the Coonan) to handle the rimmed cartridge and I got a lot of bad magazine jams in my pistol where a failure to feed forces the rim back into the narrow part of the magazine--it is a real pain to recover from one of those because it's almost impossible to get the magazine out of the gun; you have to lock the gun open and use a pry bar to get the jammed cartridge out. The .50 AE version (Mark V) is great and has no problems, but it is a much stouter cartridge and not everyone is able to handle it with aplomb. The .45 Win Mag version is not difficult to control at all and is really a nice gun for anyone with a hand big enough to wrap around the admittedly larger grips (than a normal 1911). For any other muzzle flash freaks out there, proper reloading can produce really spectacular flashes with that caliber, too (as can be seen in my photo album). For inexpensive fun shooting with the Mark I in .45 Win Mag, I recommend hard cast 185- or 200-grain bullets with about 26.5 grains of H110; use a magnum primer. You'll get good accuracy and an IPSC power factor of about 250 (and a very nice flash, too).

The L.A.R. Grizzly pistols have not been made for quite a while now and they are difficult to find on the resale market. Some of them will show up from time to time with that hokey muzzle brake device instead of the normal barrel lug--don't get one of those; they don't work well and will usually change the point of impact of the bullets. (Besides that, they just look odd.) I don't know what such guns are going for right now, but the local gun store/range has a couple selling for about $1800; that's about a doubling of the original purchase price back in the early 1990s. It's pretty much a seller's market.

You won't be dissatisfied with a Mark I Grizzly in .45 Win Mag if you can find one. All but 10 parts are interchangeable with original 1911 pistols. And they have one real advantage over the Desert Eagles--they can use lead bullets!

flashguy

Top Bottom