• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It seems that all firearm manufacturers have made a quantum leap in barrel design and production in the past few years.
    I recently bought a Ruger American Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. It cost me $400 retail. If I do my part, it will produce similar five shot groups to those shown for this rifle. The only addition to my rifle was the installation of a Leupold Mark 4 [6.5x20 x 55mm] scope. It is a good time to be a firearms owner.
    Absolutely, especially those of us that want great long range performance without the custom rifle price tag.

I bought my first Savage shortly after the Accutrigger came out. I was thoroughly impressed and have been a fan ever since.

Now we have accurized actions, great triggers, and adjustable stocks on $1000 factory rifles.

Add into that the advancements on scopes and falling prices and it is definitely a great time to be a shooter.
    ARJ Defense ad

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    I mounted my GG&G bipod on the rifle today. I removed the sling stud and bolted a piece of Picatinny rail in place of it. I could have got a M-lok section but wanted it further forward than that would have allowed. It would have been pretty far back because of the design of the bipod.

I also did some color fill and can actually make sense of Savage's new logo now. I haven't really looked before but it is plain as day with the color fill.

a6118bf871520aad5d7a538e2e1d467b.jpg
    Did you put that grip on aftermarket? That's the grip that came on the older 10ba le. the new stealths have the hogue simpler grip. and someone said something about a monopod but i didn't see it in the pics. did you swap out the stock too? I like the subtleness of the new logo, but i think yours looks good filled in too. i like their new logo but i hate that they probably changed it out of political correctness. i hate any pc, but especially when gun companies or stores succumb to political pressure (savage logo, academy pulling ars off the shelf, etc). also hate all the bubblewrap on everything. required on every gun frame now: "warning: read entire manual before operating this firearm. guns are evil and dangerous. here's a lock you're required to buy to save a kids life." Love the naked, no-words frames of custom guns.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Did you put that grip on aftermarket? That's the grip that came on the older 10ba le. the new stealths have the hogue simpler grip. and someone said something about a monopod but i didn't see it in the pics. did you swap out the stock too? I like the subtleness of the new logo, but i think yours looks good filled in too. i like their new logo but i hate that they probably changed it out of political correctness. i hate any pc, but especially when gun companies or stores succumb to political pressure (savage logo, academy pulling ars off the shelf, etc). also hate all the bubblewrap on everything. required on every gun frame now: "warning: read entire manual before operating this firearm. guns are evil and dangerous. here's a lock you're required to buy to save a kids life." Love the naked, no-words frames of custom guns.

I agree on all the PC crap and was probably the reason for the logo change. It is a nice update though.

I did change out the grip to an Ergo with the palm shelf. I like the angle a little better and the extra thickness is more comfortable. It did not come with a grip screw (not a problem on a swap but an issue for a new build) but may have just been missed.

My 110 BA came with the DPMS version of the grip but I got it used so I can't say which grip comes from the factory. The DPMS grip is hard plastic, the angle is a hair different, and the palm shelf does not secure as well. The Ergo is worth the extra expense to me. This is the two together. The DPMS has more shine since it is hard plastic and you can see one bolt holding the palm shelf as opposed to two separate bolts on the Ergo.

d23c90347e5783c950609a598af4a0c3.jpg

I swapped the stock to a CAA ARS stock with a built in monopod just because I had it already.

dff6cbb91b37a78a3fae3bf26411595b.jpg

Top Bottom