my wife's .38 revolver

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by JohnnyReb, Nov 25, 2008.

1. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb Member

Jun 2, 2008
    DFW area
    I just got these grips in for my wife's "Pink Lady." I already know what most of the guys think about pink guns. But, I look at it as hey, if she gets into guns, she will want to shoot and hence improving my chances for more times at the range. Of course, it's also a plus she knows how to defend herself with a firearm well too. :tongueout: I also posted to let a few members know about my report on my Taurus PT-1911. I have now surpassed 1,000 rds at the range with it and no problems at all. My father-in-law shoots a SW1911, and my brother-in-law shoots a Ruger P345. We all went to an outdoor gun range together a little over a month ago. I brought a spinner target along for some extra fun. Needless to say, they were all quite jealous and frustrated. Both of them have more experience with guns than I do, and my PT-1911 made me look like a pro. Now, the SW1911 was close to hitting the spinner as much as mine but still not quite there. I love this gun!

2. O.S.O.K.

O.S.O.K. Member

Well, if it makes it easier for her to carry it, then what the heck? How does it shoot? Like what kind of accuracy are you getting with it at 7 or 15 yards?

3. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    That's what I started my wife with.She now shoot's a 1911.

4. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb Member

Jun 2, 2008
    DFW area
    That's great that your wife shoots a 1911. Our first time at the range with her revolver, I let her shoot my 1911. She was a bit scared of it, but maybe she'll catch on later like your wife. I only shot her revolver a few times at this particular outdoor range. It was starting to get dark out already and from 10 yards, the .38 shot well. I couldn't say the spread as we were hurried on out because of closing time. As of right now, I'd say it shoots better than our Taurus PT-111 pro millennium 9mm. Since it is just a snubnose, it won't match my 1911 though.

5. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Yeah,it took a couple of range trip's for her to open up to the 1911.The problem she had was racking the slide.She figured it out and now love's her Colt agent I bought her for our anniversary.Give her some time,my wife also shoot's a AR now.
    [​IMG]

6. Nate C

Nate C Active Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    That's cute. At least if you drop it on the ground it will be easy to find.