NAA Mini Big Fun In A Small Weapon

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by randyc74, Jan 5, 2009.

1. randyc74

randyc74 New Member

May 9, 2008
    Northern Illinois
    I bought this NAA Mini 22Lr around 11 years ago. It kind of reminds me of a swiss watch. I've carried it in my pocket, on my belt and around my neck. It's served it's purpose well as a 3rd gun backup, a Sunday go to meeting gun and in this belt case, my own small version of a Texas BBQ gun.

Randy
    100_1677.jpg
    100_1691.jpg

2. DrBart2

DrBart2 Active Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I have one in 22 Mag, but have stopped carrying it as a BUG since I got a Ruger LCP to carry instead.

3. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    My father has one of those in .22WMR and it's impossible to aim since recoil kicks it back every time no matter how you hold it. I think I'm going to get him the folding "carry" grip since that looks to offer substantially more purchase...

4. randyc74

randyc74 New Member

May 9, 2008
    Northern Illinois
    I purchased that mini with the folding grip. I purchased the birds head grips at a later tme. I like the looks of the birds head grips although the folding grip made the mini easier to shoot.

Randy

5. CZ guy

CZ guy Active Member

May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    They say Death & Taxes are assured in life. So is my .22 mag mini-revolver in my pocket, even when I'm carrying my .9 or .38.

But, I just had to order a new cylinder pin for it. After years of invading pocket lint, the button was hard to push in so the pin would come out of the frame and release the cylinder. I figured out how to disassemble and clean it and it works great again..... as long as it is installed in the frame. Otherwise, the little ball falls out, so I either put it together wrong or the hole stretched. :gotme: Anyway, in a few days I will not have to worry about pulling it out and losing my ..... uh...... nevermind.

Edit to add: I was promised the part was to be shipped this week. Seventy three hours later, it is IN my hand. Nice going NAA!

6. sawrecker

sawrecker New Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I've carried a 22 LR mini for over 20 years. When I first got it I took it apart to see how it works, it didn't work right when I put it back together. call NAA told them the truth. shipped it to them they fixed it , it was even smoother. no charge except shipping one way. I thought that was great, being it was my stupidity.
    When cleaning it awhile back I notice a worn spot on the hammer, where it rests against the safety notch. Looks like dry fired but it never has been. must be just from vibration rubbing over the years. Called them up, same thing just send it to them. Got to love good customer service!
    Well after 20+ years of always having it with me (even in swim gear) I felt naked, so I bought the 22 mag. with the 1 5/8 inch barrel. I love it. much more penetration.

7. CJS3

CJS3 Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Katy
    randyc74, that's a damn nice holster/ pouch. Did you make that yourself, or is that store bought?

8. PeterGunn

PeterGunn New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Paris TX
    Anyone seen in person or bought and carryin' the new PUG version, with enlarged Houge grips and under-lug barrel? I want one. (.22 and .22 mag cylinders available)

9. randyc74

randyc74 New Member

May 9, 2008
    Northern Illinois
    Thanks for the kind words. I built that one myself as a proto-type. I usually build more conventional type holsters, but the NAA minis are very unique little pistols.

Here's one of my regular product NAA mini pocket holsters.
    100_1716.jpg

10. randyc74

randyc74 New Member

May 9, 2008
    Northern Illinois
    Last week I was eyeballing the PUG at my local gun shop. It's a little bigger then my .22lr mini, buts pretty cool looking. If I sell enough of my mini .22lr pocket holsters, I may invest in one of the PUGS and build holsters for that one too. A man can't have too many guns ya know.

Randy