• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    Finally, visited Nagels Gun Store. Amazed the items they carry (stuff I ordered in the past via various websites... of course, paid shipping on those online orders, too.) They were very busy with customers but I managed to get some one-on-one attention. In the end, purchased a Kahr CW9 that was "on sale" for less than $500.00 that included 1 mag, and case with a cable lock & trigger lock. Now, need to visit Reds Indoor Shooting Range (Oakhill, TX) for the 200 RD break-in time.

BTW, I realize the place was packed with customers but overall found the staff to be not very friendly... except for one older gentleman.
    Guns International

hangtree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    South Texas
    BTW, I realize the place was packed with customers but overall found the staff to be not very friendly... except for one older gentleman.

Yep, had exactly the same experience. Went in there to look around while visiting in SA. Didn't buy anything tho. Good luck with your purchase, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I've never found anything to be reasonably priced at Nagels, and the store is too congested and cramped. Plus, as you stated, the employees there don't have the reputation for being the most customer friendly (the one guy who sounds like Jimmy Stewart is the exception). I've visited the place a few times, but there's really nothing to draw me back there. Drury's is better (although not cheaper) as is The Powderhorn (smaller selection but friendlier staff).

Why are you driving all the way to Red's where there are several ranges much closer?

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Agreed with Major, the place is cramped, and the staff tend to be dicks. Alot of knives in the front room though.

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    I mainly hit the reloading room. I have found several things there that no one else had or were on backorder everywhere else. Of course, actually FINDING something in there is like pulling teeth. I won't complain..they had my 230g GD slugs when no one else did across the country. I'll keep going back I suppose. I only hit it about once a year anyway. And yes....The older guys are usually better to deal with.

bdhutier

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2011
    San Antonio
    I've only been once, and it was ok. The owner gave me a lot more than I was expecting on my trade, and the older guy with a long goatee was nice and a real help. I think part of the problem is that everything is so cramped, and it's like a maze. It makes the whole experience sort of chaotic.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Been there once myself. Could barely walk thru that place, like a mini hoarder. Was in there a good 20 minutes just looking around and wasn't approached my anyone...Couldn't even find the SECTION for the thing I was looking for at the time! Probably won't be back.

00-Guy

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    San Antonio
    FNG here! Matter of fact 10 weeks in Texas (Got here as soon as I could.)

Nagels is crowded. Nagels is cramped. Nagels was a blast. As a new refugee from the Peoples Democratic Republic of Maryland, it was refreshing to go into a shop that actually had stuff in stock that I could touch and try fit and ask questions about. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Trust me, it was a pleasure going there.

I have not purchased anything yet, but I have my eyes on a nice shotgun for the Misses and a Filson vest for me.. I am thankful for every gun store in the San Antonio area. I am still finding new ones.

It is perspective my new friends.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Welcome - an' yer spot-on 'bout perspective! Nagles has been around forever, and while they can be crowded, rude, brusque, et al......they have more stuff in them 4 walls than anyplace else around. I go in, an' if I see something I like I'll make an offer. Sometimes they accept, sometimes they don't. No biggie either way.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    FNG here! Matter of fact 10 weeks in Texas (Got here as soon as I could.)

Nagels is crowded. Nagels is cramped. Nagels was a blast. As a new refugee from the Peoples Democratic Republic of Maryland, it was refreshing to go into a shop that actually had stuff in stock that I could touch and try fit and ask questions about. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Trust me, it was a pleasure going there.

I have not purchased anything yet, but I have my eyes on a nice shotgun for the Misses and a Filson vest for me.. I am thankful for every gun store in the San Antonio area. I am still finding new ones.

It is perspective my new friends.

Welcome to the forum!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've only been there once, they were moderately busy and I got good customer service. They sold me a box of .38 S&W (hard to find) at a decent price.

They did have a crapload of stuff in that store. I never totally managed to get my head around everything in there.

Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    I've never found anything to be reasonably priced at Nagels, and the store is too congested and cramped. Plus, as you stated, the employees there don't have the reputation for being the most customer friendly (the one guy who sounds like Jimmy Stewart is the exception). I've visited the place a few times, but there's really nothing to draw me back there. Drury's is better (although not cheaper) as is The Powderhorn (smaller selection but friendlier staff).
    Why are you driving all the way to Red's where there are several ranges much closer?
    I prefer indoor range. The staff at Reds I've always treated me good.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Be glad you didn't....there's so much in there, you'd be dizzy for hours.

I just didn't spend enough time. I think I need to one of these days. But gun shops are dangerous places. High "oh shit, I just blew this month's rent on something I didn't need" factor.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Be glad you didn't....there's so much in there, you'd be dizzy for hours.

....an' that'd be different for him....how? icon_slap2.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I prefer indoor range. The staff at Reds I've always treated me good.

I've heard good things about Red's, it's just the drive that would be an issue for me.

Have you tried Bass Pro? They've got an indoor range as well.

But steer clear of Texas Thunder, way too expensive!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom