Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    50 years ago, nobody openly talked about the recurring and continued abuse by priests on children, but now we are, right? Turns out, not just a Catholic thing.
    49 years ago, a priest made a move on me. I told my parents, they told I-have-no-idea-who, a couple of investigators from the Catholic church showed up and asked questions. Start to finish, it took less than a week for the church to replace him.

Within a year of that, a priest in training (no idea of the correct title) was trying to get some action from middle and high school girls. (Well, at least he was hetero.). He got spirited away by the church in short order.

At least a few people were discussing abuse by priests ~50 years ago.

Otherwise, your points are spot on. The world has changed. Not all the changes have been positive. :(
    DK Firearms

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    49 years ago, a priest made a move on me. I told my parents, they told I-have-no-idea-who, a couple of investigators from the Catholic church showed up and asked questions. Start to finish, it took less than a week for the church to replace him.

Within a year of that, a priest in training (no idea of the correct title) was trying to get some action from middle and high school girls. (Well, at least he was hetero.). He got spirited away by the church in short order.

At least a few people were discussing abuse by priests ~50 years ago.

Otherwise, your points are spot on. The world has changed. Not all the changes have been positive. :(

If it wasn’t the Catholic priests it was the Boy Scouts. (I got a story)

The people a kid was supposed to trust, violating that trust.

Last edited:

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Norm called it in 2016.

20230328_120955.png

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Actually the prevalence of school shootings coincides with the rise of the use of SSRIs by the psychopharmacology industry. Almost every shooter was on SSRIs at one time or another.

Messing with a person's brain chemistry, especially before they are 25 years old is a really bad idea.
    You might be right but there are so many exponential increases over the years that cause and effect can not be shown. Cell phone use, unleaded gas, a million things…..

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    Walked in the unlocked side door. Where have we heard that before?
    Just starting this thread but wanted to say before I forgot. The security footage shows he shot at and kicked through a glass outer door.

Edit. This was brought up already.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom