• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    I have now about 75 rounds through this SW 380 bodyguard and noticed today after the end of a few clips (only 6+1 straight stack) that it had an odd "sputtering" effect in the lower twist pit of the barrel. Please 'excuse the terminology, I think the photo speaks for itself. The other areas around the barrel had a clean and consistent look. Is this what I should expect? I was shooting Winchester 380 ammo. Have been since I been breaking her in "new" from BPS that showed someone else got a few boxes threw it. So perhaps its' more like 150 to 175 rounds. Probably normal right?

barrell-close-up.jpg

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I clicked on this thread just because of the title. Had no idea what I was going to find in here.

To OP, you will now catch all hell for calling it a clip. As well you should. Also, no your pictures do not speak for themselves, but the barrel looks fine. I hope it was unloaded when you looked down it.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Y'all don't give the new guy too much shit. We need more people on our side, that's hard to do if we all act like assholes.

I know ya'll are joking around but he may not read it that way.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Y'all don't give the new guy too much shit. We need more people on our side, that's hard to do if we all act like assholes.

I know ya'll are joking around but he may not read it that way.

Ohhh come on now, it's just a friendly initiation. Any real man should be able to take a little razzing now and then, especially if they want to have firearms :)

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Once owned a Grendel P-10, an eleven round double stack magazine that was loaded thru the chamber using the same stripper clips as those used to charge a M-16 magazine. No removable magazine. It was a pain to load with or without a "clip." Don't miss it a bit. Was a very early plastic fantastic that after about 200 rounds, the rails popped out of the frame. Grendel fixed it replacing the frame the barrel and the slide. Then they went out of business and it went into the safe. During one of the scares a guy offered me $300 for it.
    I do still own a Bodyguard with 4 or 500 rounds down range, no problems ever. Except when the dogs ate it. But thats old news.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Few things for easier future discussion.

The rifling in the barrel consists of lands and grooves. Lands are the raised portion and grooves are the inset portion.

I believe you are taking about the small dark spot in the groove of the rifling. Looks fine, I don't see a pit. Shoot it more.

Clip vs mag- you'll get hell for this (and for good reason)

Clips are used for loading ammunition in to a magazine. A magazine is used to feed the ammo for firing.

Most every pistol and the vast majority of rifles use a magazine. Even a lever action 30-30 has a magazine (in the form of a tube under the barrel).

Some rifles have internal magazines. Most deer rifles are built this way. Some rifles have internal magazines that are loaded using clips in order to decrease reload times.

Once you know the difference you can get the satisfaction of treating your friends like idiots for making the mistake of trying to jamb a clip in to their Glock foty.

WELCOME TO TGT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    LMAO! Thanks guys, I did need some relearning of terminology. I guess I should say "spotted" instead of pitted, but now I know what a clip is and a magazine is! And thank you Younggun for the additional wording.

HEH, run me off that fast? Please... It's gonna take way more than that! :) Yeah, the barrel is dirty, I'll fix that.

I wish I had enough friends that owned guns LOL ... I seem to be the one of the few. I need more friends :P That's why I'm here!

Thanks for all the replies. I needed a good welcome lashing as well.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    First weekend of October, Hicksville gun range in Gatesville. All the friends you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    I think what I enjoy most (at least so far skimming through the threads, and even this one) is when you guys just casually drop names of weapons I've never heard of. The Grendel P-10 380 top loading pistol is awesome looking! ...so fun to see interesting guns! Same with the "WWI AUSTRIAN STEYR HAHN PISTOL." ...very strange and neat to learn about. I've been watching more YT videos on forgotten weapons. Very fun!

Thanks again!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom