Target Sports

National reciprocity bill to be introduced.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I still don't like having the feds involved with stuff like this. I'd like "National Leave Us The Heck Alone" much better.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Yea, the Feds enforcing the second amendment as written is silly.
    We already have "constitutional carry" at the federal level and it does us no good.
    Sorry but I don't want to screw up my CHL and they will find a way to do it if we give them the power to.

Termitehunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    San Antonio
    If it passes the house and make it through the senate good luck on that jackass in the whitehouse signing it.

Please, don't insult jackasses. They work hard and are loyal.

I'm 50/50 on this bill. If done right it is a good thing. And yes the feds will occasionally get it right and stand up to the states for our rights, but too often it's the opposite.

The first thing that came to mind is

Thomas Jefferson
    "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."​

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    This will eventually give the Feds the power over CHLs we state's rights folks have been dreading. When the Feds start overseeing CHLs I doubt it will be a victory for us.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    this failed the last time it came up - will be interesting to see what a new congress does with it - i dont think it failed by much the last time

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Take the tinfoil hat off, dude....

You don't think this falls under the Feds control of interstate commerce? This is one I'm sure a lot of anti-gun folks have been wanting to happen because the Feds aren't going to care much for issuing CHLs once they've removed that power from the states.

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I suppose that they mean well but like another post remarked, Do they think it will get by the "pootus" who lounges in the Oval Office ?

It might if it allowed Eric Holder to set "minimum standards for licensing". Of course, we know how that would turn out. To get a license, one would need to be very wealthy to afford the fees and a big contributor to the DNC and O's 2012 election campaign.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    This will eventually give the Feds the power over CHLs we state's rights folks have been dreading. When the Feds start overseeing CHLs I doubt it will be a victory for us.

Well if Obama signs it we will know the agenda.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    It might if it allowed Eric Holder to set "minimum standards for licensing". Of course, we know how that would turn out. To get a license, one would need to be very wealthy to afford the fees and a big contributor to the DNC and O's 2012 election campaign.

This is exactly what I am getting at.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The Feds have no place messing with rights that belong to the States. When you condone their intervention only when its in your favor then you open up a can of hypocritical worms. Such inconsistencies got a lot of old RINOs voted out of office.

I don't feel the Feds have the authority to pass such laws, even if they benefit me.

Top Bottom