• ...and so much more!
  • WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Sometimes words matter.

He possesses the intelligence to have made his point clearly. And then those opposed to him could not have used his words against him.

Sorry, no excuse. Just more of the loose cannon mouth.
    Ridiculous point. Many that are opposed to him are the neocons opposed because of the very point he was making.....we're sick and fucking tired of being the world's police and savior and defending anybody and everybody, some who despise us, mostly on our dime and the cost of the lives of our servicemen. Be a member and pony up or potentially suffer the consequences. It's their damn countries after all. Don't tell me you didn't get that.

Not to mention we've got our own problems, including $30T+ of debt, a shitty economy, and a wide-open border.

You should vie for a guest spot on MSNBC......you sound just like them and would be a shoe-in.
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Ridiculous point. Many that are opposed to him are the neocons opposed because of the very point he was making.....we're sick and fucking tired of being the world's police and savior and defending anybody and everybody, some who despise us, mostly on our dime and the cost of the lives of our servicemen. Be a member and pony up or potentially suffer the consequences. It's their damn countries after all. Don't tell me you didn't get that.

Not to mention we've got our own problems, including $30T+ of debt, a shitty economy, and a wide-open border.

You should vie for a guest spot on MSNBC......you sound just like them and would be a shoe-in.
    Why? Because I am not afraid to point out Trump's weaknesses, rather than just say everything he does is wonderful?

Don't think there are too many 1A and 2A advocates on MSNBC. Your stupid statement is representative of exactly what is wrong with our country.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Why? Because I am not afraid to point out Trump's weaknesses, rather than just say everything he does is wonderful?

Don't think there are too many 1A and 2A advocates on MSNBC. Your stupid statement is representative of exactly what is wrong with our country.
    There are PLENTY of the RINO never-Trumper crowd on MSNBC, CNN, the whole lot of them. Just look at all the Lincoln Project dickheads. I don't think folks like Bill Kristol or Romney and their ilk would say they're anti speech or 2nd Amendment. But holy shit, do they hate Trump.

Nah, it's your globalist attitude that's been pervasive through the GOP for the last 30+ years that's the problem. Your problem is you look at telling other countries who we've bailed out for decades that they finally need to fucking step up or possibly suffer the consequences because we're done footing the fucking bill for them is a weakness. I don't. Should have happened years ago.

And before you get on your proverbial high horse and call me a worshipper or whatever dumbass phrase you're using this week, I get that he has faults and weaknesses. Humans do. But the good far fucking outweighs the bad and in the end, I don't really give a shit how he conveys things. It's the policies that matter.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    There are PLENTY of the RINO never-Trumper crowd on MSNBC, CNN, the whole lot of them. Just look at all the Lincoln Project dickheads. I don't think folks like Bill Kristol or Romney and their ilk would say they're anti speech or 2nd Amendment. But holy shit, do they hate Trump.

Nah, it's your globalist attitude that's been pervasive through the GOP for the last 30+ years that's the problem. Your problem is you look at telling other countries who we've bailed out for decades that they finally need to fucking step up or possibly suffer the consequences because we're done footing the fucking bill for them is a weakness. I don't. Should have happened years ago.

And before you get on your proverbial high horse and call me a worshipper or whatever dumbass phrase you're using this week, I get that he has faults and weaknesses. Humans do. But the good far fucking outweighs the bad and in the end, I don't really give a shit how he conveys things. It's the policies that matter.
    I never once said we should not pressure NATO to step up. Quite the opposite. I said Trump did not help matters with the way he shot his mouth off. Telling NATO allies "In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want" is not productive. He could have gotten the message across in a much better way. Start reading more closely.

Your isolationist attitude got almost a half million American soldiers killed (not to mention millions of people from other nations) in WW2.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I never once said we should not pressure NATO to step up. Quite the opposite. I said Trump did not help matters with the way he shot his mouth off. Telling NATO allies "In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want" is not productive. He could have gotten the message across in a much better way. Start reading more closely.

Your isolationist attitude got almost a half million American soldiers killed (not to mention millions of people from other nations) in WW2.
    Dude.....hate to break it to you, but WWII was decades before I was even on the planet. So my attitude hadn't a fucking thing to do with it. Good grief.

And before you cast your generalization net as you're apt to do, every situation is different, and WWII certainly was. But nothing like it has happened since unless you count the NVA or Saddam as a big of a threat as the 1940s Axis. So stop moving the fucking goalposts. That's what losers do.

And as I said, I get Trump has faults and could convey some things better. However, I'll take the way he conveys things over a dipshit globalist like GWB, Romney, the Lincoln Project pals of yours or anyone else of that ilk.

Your "gotcha" posts about Trump are idiotic and tiresome.....not to mention telling.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Nobody else is even in the same class.
    You’re right. So many others would have just offered up the lives of our sons and daughters and billions of tax payer dollars. But I guess that’s ok as long as they say it using words you approve of…

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

I mostly agree.

I don't mind his directness, but I can be fairly direct much of the time. I think he might could say some things more gently, at least the first time.

HOWEVER, I would prefer a brusk, direct loud "You have to pay if you want to be part of the NATO club" to limp, mealy-mouthed "we are sure they'll begin paying soon" that the last few decades have tried.

Many times someone's greatest strength can be their greatest weakness. (However I emphasize the "can" because most of the time I think Trump is warrented in his directness)

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Dude.....hate to break it to you, but WWII was decades before I was even on the planet. So my attitude hadn't a fucking thing to do with it. Good grief.

And before you cast your generalization net as you're apt to do, every situation is different, and WWII certainly was. But nothing like it has happened since unless you count the NVA or Saddam as a big of a threat as the 1940s Axis. So stop moving the fucking goalposts. That's what losers do.

And as I said, I get Trump has faults and could convey some things better. However, I'll take the way he conveys things over a dipshit globalist like GWB, Romney, the Lincoln Project pals of yours or anyone else of that ilk.

Your "gotcha" posts about Trump are idiotic and tiresome.....not to mention telling.
    The isolationist attitude did not begin when you were born.

Have a good day.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    The isolationist attitude did not begin when you were born.

Have a good day.
    Of course, isolationism has been a theory since the dawn of time. You said "your," which is what I take issue with.

You broadbrush every situation as the same when they're clearly different just as all globalists do. WWII was far different than Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and even Afghanistan past chasing Al Queda, no? None of those shitholes were going to take over the world or even a continent nor were even a remote threat to the US. And the idiotic "let's send our boys over there to kill them before they kill us here" rhetoric served nothing but spending trillions and getting American soldiers killed for nothing.....absolutely nothing from where I look.

As stated, it's about time we have the countries most affected step up and handle their part and not rely on us, again, $30T large in debt, to defend them. And it's more than ironic that I read a few days ago that all of a sudden, Germany's stepping up their commitment to NATO after Trump's comments. And Trump ain't even in fucking office.

Defend the homeland.....and do so mercilessly and with 100% dedication. But go abroad as a last resort and not as a way to flex your muscles and reward the MIC. We're not the world's police and it's time we recognize it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Of course, isolationism has been a theory since the dawn of time. You said "your," which is what I take issue with.

You broadbrush every situation as the same when they're clearly different just as all globalists do. WWII was far different than Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and even Afghanistan past chasing Al Queda, no? None of those shitholes were going to take over the world or even a continent nor were even a remote threat to the US. And the idiotic "let's send our boys over there to kill them before they kill us here" rhetoric served nothing but spending trillions and getting American soldiers killed for nothing.....absolutely nothing from where I look.

As stated, it's about time we have the countries most affected step up and handle their part and not rely on us, again, $30T large in debt, to defend them. And it's more than ironic that I read a few days ago that all of a sudden, Germany's stepping up their commitment to NATO after Trump's comments. And Trump ain't even in fucking office.

Defend the homeland.....and do so mercilessly and with 100% dedication. But go abroad as a last resort and not as a way to flex your muscles and reward the MIC. We're not the world's police and it's time we recognize it.
    Isolationism is not theory, it has been played out in practice.

Germany is stepping up not because of Trump's comments, but because no more aid has made it out of Congress.

Your last paragraph sounds good on the surface, but that is exactly the isolationist attitude that led to WW2. Sometimes we do need to be active in the world. Not for every little thing, I certainly agree. But we need to recognize the dictators who will push until stopped (Putin now, Xi getting started). We need to recognize the fanatical Islamist regimes that want to destroy everyone else (Iran). And admit that force is the only thing that will stop them.

We ignored Al Qaeda and what was the result?

With power comes responsibility.

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    We ignored Al Qaeda and what was the result?
    Actually, we trained, gave funds and weapons to bin Laden (may he rot in hell while being raped by goats) when he was fighting the Russians all while knowing he was going to turn on us as soon as he could.

We did the same thing with Russia during WWII. Paton said that we should have taken them out while we had the men and equipment already there, but we didn't - all while knowing they would turn on us.

Germany is "spending" money because they thought that when they forced us to close our bases that we'd either establish new one in Poland, Czech, etc or just keep dumping greenbacks into their failing economy to keep them propped up. They've gone the political route, 'raised' taxes, and are putting a small amount of money to their military which probably won't be anywhere near enough to get them out of the hole they've dug. They have (for too long) been dependent on the American cannon fodder that was stationed there during the cold war whose only purpose was to slow down (not stop) the Russian Bear. I say that having lived and served there in the 80s/90s and having family (German) still there.

We can't be complete isolationists, but we've created a welfare world where all these countries sit on their asses spending monies on <insert BS> while thinking that if they get into trouble, USA will send them pallets of cash or use our lives to rescue them again....

You don't feed wild animals because they forget how to take care of themselves, the same is true of people and countries. We don't "owe" them anything - but they think we do.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom