Venture Surplus ad

Neckbeards, Knuckleheads, and Attention Whores?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Dusty, my eyes have been opened after seeing the reactions from my fellow TGT members. If like-minded people get virtually apoplectic over OC events, then I can imagine what the antis are thinking.....and doing. There's nothing to be gained from poking a stick in the anti-gunners' hornets nest but getting stung. I'm not so hide-bound that I can't see and not so prideful to admit when I'm wrong. The OCT event in North Richland Hills was my first....and last OC event.

You're a good man SAPPER, that was never ever a question. I have the utmost respect for ya bud!
    Venture Surplus ad

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    You have to make a point before you win even a game.

Note to self:

Do not waste time providing irrefutable evidence to Sapper.

He either lacks the ability to read or, and even worse, lacks the ability to comprehend what he is reading.

Sapper's ignorance is not much a discredit to himself as it is a statement on our education system and it's 'everyone gets a trophy' focus.

If these are the case then Sapper I apologize for the failure of the education system that is so very evident in everything you say.

Of course there is a third possibility, which I am reluctant to bring up but a possibility that must be addressed, that Sapper is a willingly ignorant participant.

Meaning that Sapper sees, reads, and understands that he is wrong but instead of attempting to correct his behavior in the light of irrefutable evidence, he digs in his heels. The proverbial tantrum throwing child with his fingers crammed in his ears screaming I can't hear you! I can't hear you!!!

In any case I believe it is clear at this point to anybody reading this thread the mentality and mindset of the restaurant crashing OC crowd.

I believe that Sapper does very well in representing their group as I believe that he espouses exactly their positions.

Ignorance- Inability to grasp the concept of their failure.

Blind stupidity- Having their failure pointed out to them but continuing their actions anyway and without attempted corrections.

Vanity- The need to publicly flaunt their ignorance. The need for badass "operator" pics by the soda machine at Taco Bell to post on Facebook for all of their idiot buddies to "Like".

I could go on but there's no point really. Those who get it get it and those who need it can't read or lack the ability to comprehend what all these 'purty letter thingies dun been said' so there really is no point in my wasting time continuing the discussion.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Dusty, my eyes have been opened after seeing the reactions from my fellow TGT members. If like-minded people get virtually apoplectic over OC events, then I can imagine what the antis are thinking.....and doing. There's nothing to be gained from poking a stick in the anti-gunners' hornets nest but getting stung. I'm not so hide-bound that I can't see and not so prideful to admit when I'm wrong. The OCT event in North Richland Hills was my first....and last OC event.

Wow.

This happened while I was typing my previous response.

I didn't give you enough credit and I apologize for that.

Good on you sir.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Note to self:

He either lacks the ability to read or, and even worse, lacks the ability to comprehend what he is reading.

Sapper's ignorance is not much a discredit to himself as it is a statement on our education system and it's 'everyone gets a trophy' focus.

If these are the case then Sapper I apologize for the failure of the education system that is so very evident in everything you say.

Of course there is a third possibility, which I am reluctant to bring up but a possibility that must be addressed, that Sapper is a willingly ignorant participant.

Meaning that Sapper sees, reads, and understands that he is wrong but instead of attempting to correct his behavior in the light of irrefutable evidence, he digs in his heels. The proverbial tantrum throwing child with his fingers crammed in his ears screaming I can't hear you! I can't hear you!!!

In any case I believe it is clear at this point to anybody reading this thread the mentality and mindset of the restaurant crashing OC crowd.

I believe that Sapper does very well in representing their group as I believe that he espouses exactly their positions.

Blind stupidity- Having their failure pointed out to them but continuing their actions anyway and without attempted corrections.

Vanity- The need to publicly flaunt their ignorance. The need for badass "operator" pics by the soda machine at Taco Bell to post on Facebook for all of their idiot buddies to "Like".

I could go on but there's no point really. Those who get it get it and those who need it can't read or lack the ability to comprehend what all these 'purty letter thingies dun been said' so there really is no point in my wasting time continuing the discussion.
    Did you read post #97?

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Wow.

This happened while I was typing my previous response.

I didn't give you enough credit and I apologize for that.

Good on you sir.
    No problem TXARGUY, this is a forum for an open, honest discussion and fortunately, I've got a very thick skin. I'll shake your hand and the hand of everyone else on this site at the next Hicksville or anywhere else. If you see me, please come up and introduce yourself.

Last edited:

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    No problem TXARGUY, this is a forum for an open, honest discussion and fortunately, I've got a very thick skin. I'll shake your hand and the hand of everyone else on this site at the next Hicksville or anywhere else. If you see me, please come up and introduce yourself.

You Gotta love Texas and Texans. Good on you both!

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake

You're a good man Sapper.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Note to self:

I'm confused, you're beating around the bush. Say what you mean. Spit it out man!:laughing:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

I had the pleasure of shooting next to him during the "mad minute". When I turned to see who was next to me, it was Sapper, an AR with a fully loaded drum and the biggest and most memorable smile I have ever seen!!! :machine:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    One group calling ahead does not fix the 20 others that do not. It is pretty clesr the groups visiting Chilis, Chipotles, Starbucks, Wendy's, Jacks,etc. did not call ahead and get the "allright".

Chili's and Chipotle, you're right. They were going to Starbucks all over the place with no problem for a month or two before the MDA stirred enough shit to make open carry not ok. They didn't bother anyone except Shannon, who's on an agenda. One of the members of the group and the Manager of Jack in the box are friends. That guy let his friend know they were coming ahead of time. Nobody ran and hid. I don't know about any incedents with Wendys.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I had the pleasure of shooting next to him during the "mad minute". When I turned to see who was next to me, it was Sapper, an AR with a fully loaded drum and the biggest and most memorable smile I have ever seen!!! :machine:
    I don't know what was more fun, the Mad Minute, blowin' the shit out of the 'Stang, or the seeing the shit-eating grins on all the people who shot my Boys ATR.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Hey Sapper-I went to an OCT event in Temple last fall. It was my first and last as well. I just didn't feel comfortable carrying a rifle in public, but I'm glad I at least gave it a try.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom